• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawal+Conversion help oxycodone to buprenorphine

DaveNeedsToTaper

Bluelighter
hey guys, so i ran out of my meds eairly AGAIN. im perscribed 40mg a day oxycodone but i mess up so often its stupid. lets say 100mg average a day. my friends father game be 18 75mcg buprenorphine sublingal patches.

i tried using opiate calculater.. when i started with the bup 75mcg to oxy, it says 6.4 mg
then i did oxycodone 40mg to bup, it says 15 mcg. so its very inaccurate.

anyone have any idea how many of these things i will need to help me not withdraweal? im also worried if i use these, will it stop my oxycodone from working when i get my meds in 3 days? i dont want to take to much and OD. Please help. if 75mcg is 6 mg oxy, i need like 7. but if its 15mcg , i need to cut them in quarters. im so confused , google wont let me open posts on bluelight about this,.

Thank you inadvanced,
someone who needs to get rid of this terrible withdrawal

*edit* i just read that 75mcg is only 2.25 mg morhpine!? thats insane.?

Last edited:
Ok well first off Buprenorphine is a really hard thing to compare/convert other opioids to, as it is a partial agonist and not a full agonist like Methadone, Oxycodone, etc.

Even though it is a partial agonist, it is still very strong even in small dosages. If you have been taking 100mg of Oxycodone daily for a long period of time so you have developed a large tolerance and dependency, i would still recommed starting off with the lowest dose possible.

I havent tried or researched the patches (as i take it in pill form SL) so i cant deliver much insight as to what dosage you should be doing and would honestly recommend researching other comfort medication before Buprenorphin if you only have a couple days to wait.

But if you are dead set on taking it and 0.75mcg is the total amount administrated in one patch than im sure you could take a full patch (or possibly two or three if your tolerance is really high) and most likely combat a lot of the withdrawal symptoms. Always better to start small though so i would recommend one and go from there.

It may affect the oxycodone a little bit as it is meant to do that. But if you dont continue using the Bupe than im sure the effects of the Oxy will stabilize fairly quickly from what i know. I take Suboxone tablets daily and take 12mg at once and its really hard to compare the high to Oxy because the high is not as euphoric and more sedating IMO. If you have anymore questions on Bupe or any others feel free to ask away. Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Use 2 2 patches to start, or 1.5mg; wait 45-90 minutes, then try another one or two depending on how you feel

I dont know if you can exctract the bupe from the “analgesic patches “, if so, use ~1ml of water per patch, and try to get close to 1mg; you can split the dose, hold the liquid under your tongue for at least 5 minutes, then swallow - At 100mg per day, 1-2mg would be a normal dose, at least 0.5mg, though that is with suboxone and similar preparations - Good Luck

Oh, and 75mcg is roughly equivalent to 1.25-2.5mg Intravenous Morphine, and they are really inaccurate. Or something. Anyway, slowly tirtrate, and it shall help

i took two 75mcg total and i still have bad anxiety and depression/ random times wanting to cry lol i dont know why i get this symptom. but itsa helped a little.

how long do i have to wait before i can take an opiate again? im prescribed oxycodone so i need to take it eventually, and i MIGHT get my script tomorrow because i called in asking for early release.

The high-life is roughly 37 hours for Bupe, although it can vary quite a bit actually in different people.

With that being said, and assuming you only took it the one time, you should be good to take your Oxycodone when you get it. Although there MAY be a chance the Oxy will be a little bit less effective for a few days but i cannot say for sure and certainly hope it does work the same for you. Best of luck.

If you
just took 150mcg,
your fne taking the oxy Tommorow
Hover one ore strip wouldn’t hurt, gold it under your tongue and wait several minutes; however 300mcg sublingual or less and in 10-15 hours, Oxy should work just fine, especially at 15-30mg

I didn't even know buprenorphine came in such a small dosage. That is a very small amount. I would not be surprised if you had to take 30 to get some relief.

30mg of Bupe is almost the highest dosage you can go too (32mg is the max) and would definitely not take or recommend 30mg. Most heorin addicts need 4mg-8mg to hold them over without any cravings. Do NOT take 30mg of Bupe, especially when not trying it before. You may not overdose but you will at the very least be puking your guts out for atleast 24+hours.

Last edited:
30mg of Bupe is almost the highest dosage you can go too (32mg is the max) and would definitely not take or recommend 30mg. Most heorin addicts need 4mg-8mg to hold them over without any cravings. Do NOT take 30mg of Bupe, especially when not trying it before.

who suggested 30mg? I meant 30 of his .075mg strips or 2.25mg

EDIT: oh.. were you responding to lorne???

luckily, a friend/aquaintance of mine said he would give me 60mg tonight if i give him 80mg when i get my meds.
i expected to only get 40mg, so i was suprised when he gave me 60. i took it at around 9:30 and i took 40mg . the bupe didnt seem to affect it at all. i got a litttttle bit of relief from 150mcg but i was already withdrawaling alot worse 3 hours later. i took the 2nd patch at 3:30 so 6 hours later i was feeling horrible and felt great for about 20 mins after taking the 40mg.

im really hoping i get the early release tomorrow, because i realllllly dont want to have to suffer for a whole day. im out of kratom.

the pharmacy said at 7pm they didnt get an early release form. so they sent over a fax asking for it, but they werent sure if the doctor was still in the office. i guess ill find out at 8 am tomorrow. thank you guys for your opinions.

hopefully someone will come across this post with the same question. i take around 100-140mg a day. but for some reason i take it all throughout the day , so my wityhdrawals hit strong and fast. 150mcg helped take my aches away for about 1.5 hours, but my heart was stilll racing, which i hate the worst. im thin so when my heart is beating hard it litterally shifts me when im sitting or laying down. i hate it.

wish me luck with my script tomorrow. :)

1mg of sublingual bupe is equal to about 30mg of oral oxycodone. If not more oxycodone.

And any feedback you get from people with buprenorphine experience will be greatly skewed by their tolerance, so someone naive to buprenorphine even with tolerance to normal opiates, it is EXTREMELY powerful, but tolerance to it develops much differently than other opiates, and said tolerance grows to a MUCH higher level than with other opiates....say with oxycodone you go from taking 30mg to 100mg to get a buzz, thats basically a 3x increase, with buprenorphine you can easily go from .2mg iliiciting a very powerful effect to 2mg doing nothing in a very short time.

A big problem with conversions is the route of administration. Oxydoeone oral BA is like 90%, morphines is like 30%, buprenorphines is like 10%. Buprenorphines sublingual BA can vary greatly, but generally assumed to be about 30%.

And sublingual patches?? I am assuming you mean transdermal patches? Which deliver 75mcg per hour?

Or are these not patches, but some sort of strip that dissolve in the mouth? Never heard of that in these dosages, although temegesic comes in 200 microgram doses.

Assuming these are transdermal patches, your habit isn't very high, one patch should be plenty, but it may take some time to work. If they are truly 75mcg sublingual dose units, then just wait until you are starting to feel WD, and start taking one every 15 minutes until you feel better. I don't think PWD will be a huge concern(especially for someone new to bupe) with doses these small as long as you wait until you are starting to feel WD.

Last edited:
^^ cool whip.. I was wondering about that contradiction too but I googled buprenorphine 75mcg and all I could find was belbuca buccal film... with the lowest strength being 75mcg. So I figured that what OP had. Could be missing something though.

coolwhip, i am also in canada. they come in 75, 150, 300, 600 , 900.
its not per hour, its imediate release

^ Hey dont drag me in! I wouldn’t recommend 30! I forget they have sub 100mcg doses of buprenorphine for, analgesia...

I was thinking he could get 1.5, until remembering Belbuca - Along with Suboxone, Zubsolve, freakin Bunavail - and The rarely prescribed (outpatient) Subutex

Even generic Suboxone tablets are harder to find, they write name brand strips that are less likely covered
(although do like they come in, IIRC, 1mg*, 2mg, 4mg, 8mg(seemingly most common) and, 12mg strips, instead of just the traditional 2 and 8mg tablets, or 2/.05 and 8/2 Suboxone (Bunavail is weird, it has a bit less nalaxone, it is like 4.2mg buprenorphine / 0.7mg nalaxone (they have a couple of other strengths, though roughly same ratio of buprenorphine:nalaxone)

Of course they are buccal strips, with improved absorption/BA% - supposedly, the 4.2 mg Buccaneers Film is roughly equivalent to ~7-8mg of buprenorphine, though i dont know...

Oh well, off topic again, although I thought 200mcg SL was low (especially without an aqueous medium) thought certainly it or <0.5mg would be a good starting/threshold dose. 75mcg? Am missing something? Seriously

I wouldn't shove 5 of them in your mouth, you will need less than you think. When you have never used buprenorphine before it is deceptively powerful. Just get your hands on as many as you can, wait until WD starts setting in, then take them 1 at a time every 20 minutes until you feel better. Do us all a favor, and report back in how many it took to stop WD.