• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Computing Windows 11 Anyone?

Was of me. Deleted my swap and could suddenly allocate that 30GB because swap wasnt in the way.

Anyway, reinstall fixed it. With LVM and no seperate home dir
With few distros I saw similar behavior but that's really cuz of bug in partitioning software.
Anyway glad you got it working.
I'm always excited when setting up some open source OS until I get to something that's taken care with a click elsewhere but in my OS of choice it requires reading a book or two and help of international community. But once you set it up, o boy :)

With few distros I saw similar behavior but that's really cuz of bug in partitioning software.
Anyway glad you got it working.
I'm always excited when setting up some open source OS until I get to something that's taken care with a click elsewhere but in my OS of choice it requires reading a book or two and help of international community. But once you set it up, o boy :)
Have you tried gentoo?

Have you tried gentoo?
Yes, it's a nice distro. One of those that I consider as a very good option for daily use on desktops. And there are many cool spinoffs like pentoo for example.
Right now cuz of some hardware specific issues I'm considering MX Linux. It has really diverse options while setting it up and also loads of things out-of-box.

but in my OS of choice it requires reading a book or two and help of international community. :)

Well remember to give back, me being a member of the international community. =D

I think maybe it's because I didn't run Debian with LVM the first time.

As per usual, the IT admin sit around doing nothing, whilst us "noobs" have to do all the heavy lifting. =D

So please, check out my new Debian thread to address my remaining issues. It really means a lot. I appreciate all the help so far. x

Linux Debian 12 Questions, Help & Support

I'm always excited when setting up some open source OS until I get to something that's taken care with a click elsewhere but in my OS of choice it requires reading a book or two and help of international community. But once you set it up, o boy

Oh same here, I absolutely love trying to degoogle my phone, run only FOSS apps, Magisk/LsPosed/EdXposed modules etc, which is why Debian KDE was an unexpected dream (after having previously only used Ununtu/Mint. I'm going to start a FOSS thread later with everything I've found.