• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will tramadol trigger withdrawals

Seth5997

Greenlighter
I'm on day 3 no opiates. I don't want to keep beating my head against the wall. My back is the reason I'm in this situation. If I take tramadol for pain will it re trigger my WDs? Not sure if what I'm asking makes sense. Any help would be appreciated

There's a good probability that it will, unfortunately. Maybe not in full force but three days are too little for your receptors to recover.

You might want to look into either dissociatives (DXM being freely available) - these actually lower tolerance to opioids and thus withdrawal both acute and post acute, or then Kratom which is a partial agonist with some specialities and at least for me didn't trigger withdrawal.

oddly tramadol helped me lessen my WD symptoms, saw a video on it long after too, but id hate to advise, it just helped me, strange how people react so alike and so very different, i do wish the very best of ease in your endeavor

I find tramadol surprisingly helpful for wd, if you take it for a couple days and don’t take a lot trying to get high it will likely halt your recovery but should be fine, and can take kratom when your done with your tramadol to smoothin out the transition to no opiates, obviously this was my experience with it yours may differ

Was gonna take 200mg just to through work day. WDs aren't as bad as the actual back pain. Just didn't want to start everything over again tomorrow and still be in pain. Such a shit cycle.

Was gonna take 200mg just to through work day. WDs aren't as bad as the actual back pain. Just didn't want to start everything over again tomorrow and still be in pain. Such a shit cycle.

200mg should be enough.

Here I'm an exception, I felt nothing from up to 450mg tramadol - absolutely nothing, didn't go higher due to seizure risk but it's strange as I am not a poor metabolizer (DXM worked as it should) and O-desmethyltramadol itself was nice too at 50mg.

But as long as the receptors are recovering, any new activation will more often than not result in a restart of withdrawal.

I’d say yes …I’m on day 17 after 3years of taking it ..first week no so bad second worse now just totally depressed and down searched the house for any left over 😂 refuse to buy any though have to move on and get a life ! Really hope things pick up in the 4th week !
How are you getting on ?

I'm on day 3 no opiates. I don't want to keep beating my head against the wall. My back is the reason I'm in this situation. If I take tramadol for pain will it re trigger my WDs? Not sure if what I'm asking makes sense. Any help would be appreciated
It depends from what you are withdrawling.If it is something weak like codeine tram would eventually ease your withdrawl,but as you know trams are addictive too