• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will These Needles/Syringes work?

ChasingTheEscape

Bluelighter
Going to start off by stating I am a newbie at IVing or at least getting the supplies needed to do so. I need help in harm reduction getting this on my own (vs just using someone else's gear, sterilezed before use but still.) so I am in search of obtaining my own supply of sterile needles, syringes micron filters etc. I have searched for hours and days on BL & I understand that no one can point me to a direct website but I have found one (from a link that was removed off a mega thread about obtaining such stuff) but my problem is I don't want to order something that can't be used for what I need it for. Would a TRUEplus Insulin Syringes 29 Gauge, .5cc, 1/2" Needle- work? My friends would usually just get everything set up for injection for me, I have no problem with needles and never have even at the Doctors receiving shots as a child but my knowledge of everything is what lead my friends to just do it all for me. All the knowledge I have obtained about to correct size and gear for everything has been off mega threads on here... I hope to obtain all the correct gear myself. Then with the help of a experienced trusted friend help me with completing the job, self administration style. I don't like being reliant/trustful of strangers to do something I have no problem with doing I just have no experience in it & I have already gone over the HR thread about IVing & I will continue to do so, but as for this posting I just wanted to know if those will work or if size of something is too small or please if anyone can just message me directly with helpful information on what I need that would be so appreciated. (1st time posting as well so I'm sorry if I wasted someone's time in reading it & it has to be taken down.)

Those will work but I like to use a full 1cc syringe but I use the same 29 gauge, 1/2 inch needle. A half cc will work but doesnt hold much. Dont go over 1cc for IV use. On the needle size 1/2 inch is good, use either 1/2 inch or 5/8. On the gauge 29 is just about just right, it refers to the width of the needle, the smaller the number the bigger the needle width. Stay between 28 and 31 or 32 gauge.

I have used them well enough for meth but I did think 27g were better for heroin. It depends on what you are iv. 31g def not as too flimsy for any use at all.

Your going to need a Luer-Lok syringe for micron filtering. Also a 3ml/cc syringe filled up a third of the way is easier to grip IMO. Using a major search engine that starts with the letter G----- for instance and then typing 1 or 3 ml syringe will bring up a ton of sources.

Typing in: Syringe filter 0.22 um will bring up a ton of options as well. Whatman's are the best as they have a built in pre-filter but the Omicron, Millipore Millex and even Scientific Strategies are still OK. Just be careful of the no name one's as they burst easy after little use. Almost any filter media will work, CA, PES, PVDF, Try to avoid PTFE as it's not the best for your application. If you want to get detailed, HydroPHILIC is good, HydroPHOBIC is bad.

Typing in: needles 27, 28, 29 or 30 guage , then X 5/8" to 1" and lastly Luer-Lok. This will allow you to attach either a micron filter or needle to your new syringes. A luer-lok is like threads on a lightbulb and the one on the syringe is the threaded socket. A half twist joins them air tight. BD, Terumo, Excel, Nipro are all decent and far better than a no name one. Usually after selecting the Gauge you have one or two length options to choose from. Anything between 9/16" and 1" should be fine.

To get everything in one place you could always try the site that rhymes with D-DAY, or one named after a south American jungle.

th
This just shows how filters connect. It in no way endorses any brand or site.