• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will taking xanax before and acid help avoid a bad trip?

Drowzey

Greenlighter
I'm considering trying acid for the first time but am nervous since my mind can be pretty unstable. I don't usually enjoy weed since I get anxiety and overthink things easily. I've done molly once and absolutely loved it, I just dont want to have a psychotic episode haha, which has happened before. Do you think xanax would make me more care-free during the trip? My drug of choice has always been harder stuff such as heroin, coke, and benzos. Although I'm still very interested in the psychedelics even though I feel ill react badly.

Benzos do an amazing job of negating psychedelics, This is rather counteractive and you would be better off starting with a lower dose of LSD than trying to negate it.

Honestly if you already have the thought that you're going to have a bad time in your head, then you are probably going to have a bad time...

If you insist on trying LSD, I would recommend taking a low dose and saving the Xanax for when and if you actually need it, otherwise the experience may end up being very underwhelming. Xanax works fast enough, and has gotten me out of many uncomfortable trips.

Honestly if you already have the thought that you're going to have a bad time in your head, then you are probably going to have a bad time...

If you insist on trying LSD, I would recommend taking a low dose and saving the Xanax for when and if you actually need it, otherwise the experience may end up being very underwhelming. Xanax works fast enough, and has gotten me out of many uncomfortable trips.

This. I used to be very afraid of tripping when I was new to it and then I remember reading a post on the shroomery explaining that you need to go in with the attitude "I am gonna do shrooms and trip out and it's gonna be awesome" rather than "am I going to be ok? can I handle this? etc".

This is because psychedelics tend to amplify whatever emotional states you are experiencing. so if you going into the trip fearful, you are far more likely to have a scary experience vs if you go in with a mindset of peace and acceptance.

Thats not to say psychedelics aren't to be feared (or rather greatly respected) but if you stick to a low dose you really shouldn't have much to worry about other than being confronted with some uncomfortable feelings or subconscious thougths and emotions.

My suggestion would be keep the benzo as a fall back. Benzos will kill alot of the visuals and head trip, so if you start feeling too weird eat it. You might miss out on alot of the trip you're looking for by taking it beforehand

Benzos will kill alot of the visuals and head trip,

Definetly true I took a Xanax before having 2 lsd blotters and it was absolute shit and the day before I took one of the same one and was a hectic trip lots of visuals waving your hand around and it looks like its moving in slow motion

If ur going into an LSD trip already anxious ur gonna have a bad time IMO , some people love tripping balls others find it overwhelming and want it to stop

Benzos don't really "kill" the trip. They just make it a lot more mellow. I've done this many times, and I still trip just about as hard every time but you end up paying less attention to the trip. benzos will quiet your thoughts and change the trip to some extent which could possibly appear to diminish the effects. But if you have psychotic episodes you probably shouldn't be taking LSD anyway.

Definetly true I took a Xanax before having 2 lsd blotters and it was absolute shit and the day before I took one of the same one and was a hectic trip lots of visuals waving your hand around and it looks like its moving in slow motion

That would be tolerance. If you trip two days in a row, the second day you will require 3x the amount of acid for the same trip.

sure, but why not take it only if you start feeling 'iffy', then take only .25 mg and adjust if accordingly :)

Benzos don't really "kill" the trip. They just make it a lot more mellow. I've done this many times, and I still trip just about as hard every time but you end up paying less attention to the trip. benzos will quiet your thoughts and change the trip to some extent which could possibly appear to diminish the effects. But if you have psychotic episodes you probably shouldn't be taking LSD anyway.

That would be tolerance. If you trip two days in a row, the second day you will require 3x the amount of acid for the same trip.
This, and many people do just fine knowing there's an out like Xanax around if needed!

i didn't think you get a tolerance after 1 use. in my experience I've done lsd 3 days In a row and still had same affect as day 1 but everyone's different some people think benzos and trips go well and I think benzos and trips are a waste of money on the trips going by my own experiences