• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will taking Klonopin with LSD kill the trip?

No, it wont prevent the trip. It will have an influence on the trip but to what extent depends on the relative dose vs the lsd dose. It can range from completely cancelling the trip to only taking the edge off.

Speaking on the GABAergic/serotonergic conversation - GABAergics act to suppress neuronal firing and overexcitation, which is why they generally have anxiolytic and/or sedating effects. The brain circuits that are usually in overdrive with pathological anxiety or just having the sensation of being too "wired", will be quietened down.

LSD and indeed psychedelics in general massively boost neuronal firing, activity and "crosstalk" between multiple different regions of the brain. This effect is not entirely suppressed by GABA activity but it will be muted in a dose dependent manner. So there is the interaction, despite no direct overlap with receptor modulation. The combination is not physically dangerous however. If LSD was actually a damaging substance, we could even say that the combination was, potentially, neurologically safer than taking just LSD alone. As it happens though of course, physiologically speaking, LSD is an extremely safe substance - and the same goes for benzodiazepines.

It's a good rule of thumb of course to think twice when combining any substances but in this case the substances in question are not physiologically dangerous, and the combination is almost certainly not any more dangerous than either one of them alone. As for brain damage? No.

If I were you I would take the klonopin with the acid just to be safe and have a backup with you. You can always try again in the future if the klonopin prevents you from tripping how you wanted to.

OP - I just read your edit, and the above post. I was going to disagree slightly with the above, until I read your edit.

You should take your klonopin as usual and as prescribed - boilerplate good advice is to never stop taking prescribed medication to trip.

The fact that you take it every day means that you likely do have some tolerance - but this also means any "dampening" effects on the trip will be reduced as well, although they may not be entirely absent. Either way though, benzos typically do not KILL trips - this is misconception, and you can't do anything about the current state of your mind in this moment - you should take your medication as prescribed, LSD will still have some effect for sure, so I'd say you're good to go.

Standard pre trip set and setting considerations apply as always. Depending on how well managed your anxiety is by your current dose, and if you have a surplus and not an aversion to taking any more than prescribed, it probably would not hurt and would perhaps just make you feel more secure if you were to carry just an extra couple of mg on your person, so that you have some extra peace of mind when you're tripping that you have options if things get difficult. If this does happen, try just 1mg extra first. But really do your best to ride out any anxiety on the come up, this is the most challenging part usually and once you hit the peak, as I believe others have mentioned also, if you're doing alright by then it should be plain sailing. Best of luck and happy tripping!

Truely depends on the dose even if your on 100ug yea it'll take away from the trip some but not completely I've had iv midazolam that put me to sleep when I woke up i was still tripping a little

That was on nbome though and I received multiple midazolam injections