• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will taking Klonopin with LSD kill the trip?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I'm planning on going on a vacation with some friends this December, and might want to do LSD on it. I have agoraphobia (anxiety and panic attacks when out of the house too long) though, and am prescribed 2 mg of klonopin twice a day each day im there, 7-8 hours apart, with no tolererance to it. If i take LSD on the klonopin will I get any effects at all, or will it completely kill the trip?

Edit: In response to a lot of these replies, I'm not taking the klonopin to help handle the LSD trip, or to make it a better experience. I need the Klonopin in order to go on the vacation (not taking it isn't an option). I don't do a lot of unprescribed drugs anymore, i smoke a lot of weed but thats about it, although I have plenty of psychedelic experience in the past and have always handled them quite well. Since I'm going on vacation though, I want to do something more than weed, but I don't want to get back into anything other than psychedelics. My only concern here was LSD not working because I would be on Klonopin.

Last edited:
A benzo won't kill the trip. If you want to abort a trip, I'd take Chlorpromazine. I hope the LSD shall resolve your anxiety issues.

What kind of brain damage are you implying? Maybe from damage from benzodiazepine dependence? I am not aware of data that points to "brain damage" from normal doses of LSD. If somebody is prone to psychosis it can trigger it or make it much worse, but otherwise I don't think LSD causes brain damage. Person can be psychologically damaged from taking LSD if setting is not carefully chosen or if one gets stuck on issues that he can not process, but if setting is well controlled, LSD is really LSD and not some RC than person it is left with a substance that is potentially beneficial even if the mindset is not perfect. Mindset is always important , but rarely anybody has it perfect and all one can do is to respect the experience and try to let it go if gets stuck. Maybe I am wrong, but I am not aware that regular dose of real LSD can make an actual brain (tissue) damage. I am not saying anybody should take it as it is really potent substance which should be taken with great care and a good dose of humbleness. I do not want to say fear, but great respect is prerequisite for taking strong psychedelic.

From what can I read in between the lines, it is not first time OP will take LSD, but problems may arise from agoraphobia that will be magnified. I would not advice somebody with agoraphobia to take LSD and then go out for a walk. It could lead to severe psychological distress that could become even greater if the experience goes wrong. There is always potential for resolving psychological issues when psychedelics are taken, as they confront us with ourselves, and if we have nowhere to hide we will either make improvement or create even greater issue. But that is double edged sword of psychedelics - they put you in the position where you can resolve some block that otherwise would take ages, but as those issues are by definition hard there is no guarantee that result will be positive. If it was me and I had some big issue I would not try to break through it with LSD. Psilocybin is much better candidate for resolving issue like agoraphobia. I must repeat that this is not an advice but an experience I share.

Now finally, regarding combining clonazepam with LSD I am not thrilled about that idea. Purpose of LSD should be to have intense experience that you can remember, and if you are diluting it with benzodiazepines than that should give you an answer what to do. But then again, some people take low dose of benzodiazepines to take the edge off. Anything more than 0.5mg clonazepam and I would say that it is not worth the potential complications. on the other hand clonazepam could be very handy if you wish to, maybe not abort, but slow down the experience if it goes the wrong way. But as clonazepam is not antipsychotic it will not stop the trip completely so you should take that into consideration.

I am being very cautious, but if I had to answer i would say that clonazepam will dull the experience but it will not kill it. It may make experience not worthwhile if you go above 1mg clonazepam, but if you need that much to control the LSD trip than I would not take LSD. Or take low dose and have clonazepam in the pocket "just in case", because the fact that you have 4mg of clonazepam in your pocket could give you the peace of mind by itself.

It can go in every direction and I do not want to give opinion should you take it or not. LSD is to powerful of an agent and that makes thing tricky. But I sure wish you all the best! :)

we are going to mix two drugs, hard drugs, so I don't think this is a good advice. It is a benzo, it is LSD, theoretically, it is safe, but these are two drugs that are going to change a lot the brain functioning. What are the resulting damages? No one knows, that's the true.

^^Bollocks, it's a perfectly safe combo that has been around since the dawn of LSD use.

If not possible to drop a LSD or a psychedelic without a bad trip, better stay away, that's my way of thinking
I'm not worried about a 'bad trip', I just enjoy it a lot more with bzds and opioids; not to mention I have gut issues which require bzd use daily. Its perfectly safe as long as you know what you're doing. And you're beginning to come across as "if you don't trip my way, you're tripping wrong" in tone which I can't agree with. Everyone trips their own way.

Actually the first and best advice for this thread is don't take LSD. If you have agoraphobia, LSD is not a good option, no one knows how your trip will be, it can trigger paranoia and anxiety, it can affect your life for years depending on the intensity of the panic attack that you have the probability of suffering on LSD

we are going to mix two drugs, hard drugs, so I don't think this is a good advice. It is a benzo, it is LSD, theoretically, it is safe, but these are two drugs that are going to change a lot the brain functioning. What are the resulting damages? No one knows, that's the true.
I do not agree with this logic one tiny bit. LSD has an incredibly strong established reputation for safety on a physical level including harmful interactions with other substances.

People have been taking LSD with benzodiazepines and all sorts of downers since LSD came onto the scene and probably was much more common in its original heyday when all of the downers were more freely available on prescription and black market for cheaper than nowadays.

LSD has always been combined with these drugs and has certainly not a crude the slightest reputation or bits of evidence that there is some cross reaction with LSD and the Downer resulting in brain damage.

You have imagined this logic and idea entirely.

Actually the first and best advice for this thread is don't take LSD. If you have agoraphobia, LSD is not a good option, no one knows how your trip will be, it can trigger paranoia and anxiety, it can affect your life for years depending on the intensity of the panic attack that you have the probability of suffering on LSD
Yes there is always a case to be argued in the situations that the LSD use potentially make matters worse. It could go either way and it comes down to the individual to make a call.

by the way, 4 mg of klonopin per day is a high dose which makes me think that your agoraphobia is also intense, which makes LSD worse.

Is there no overlapping of brain receptors? I mean too much stimulation better saying
They act on entirely different receptors. LSD acts on serotonin mostly and BZDs act purely upon GABA receptors.

Also, I suffer from GAD, panic attacks, and SAD, and often agoraphobia, and I trip very frequently and have never had a 'bad trip'. I've used a 10mg valium to quickly end a panic attack I had on 750ug AL-LAD once when I was panicking about my SO being out in inclement weather and me not being able to reach her by phone. 10mg of valium had the panic completely gone after about 15 minutes.

Last edited:
^Well yes, hypothetically the two cancel each others' effects, but based upon dosage, you can still experience the full effects of both drugs at once.

i haven't got why they cancel each other based on the fact that they act on gaba and serotonin receptors, someone can explain this?

Crack cocaine cancels LSD out as well as any downer. I have witnessed it. I avoided it myself because I loved tripping and never wanted to snap out of it for some cheap thrill. I have seen crack completely prevent acid from taking effect.

GABA modulation in general is effective at negating the effects of psychedelics and stimulants. I do not know the science behind it though. Perhaps post over in the neuropharmacology forum if your wanting more in depth explainations.

Crack cocaine cancels LSD out as well as any downer. I have witnessed it. I avoided it myself because I loved tripping and never wanted to snap out of it for some cheap thrill. I have seen crack completely prevent acid from taking effect.
Yeah cocaine is a wonder drug for making you feel compleltly sober on other drugs infact i had a friend in europe who always recommended doing a fat line of coke if your trip is bad to feel sober for a little bit.

Yeah cocaine is a wonder drug for making you feel compleltly sober on other drugs infact i had a friend in europe who always recommended doing a fat line of coke if your trip is bad to feel sober for a little bit.
Yeah I think in many ways, all theoretical complications and impracticalities aside, I think personally I would rather have a big fat line of coke on hand to level out any acid trip than downers or benzos.

I have never wanted to kill or weaken a trip though. But I did actually get 5 1mg Etizolam blotters with my 1cP, to see if I could actually tolerate the etizolam, being only the drug itself on blotter paper as clean as the acid tabs they make in that regard.

So I didn't react to terribly to the etizolam actually much better than most herbs and supplements although I'm not convinced it's ultimately particularly healthy for me.

I was deliberately taking very low doses like 0.25 mg to 0.5 mg. I took it in combination with the acid I have been taking at various times and stages and I honestly didn't observe any noticeable diminished effects from the acid as a result of the etizolam it seems to complement the overall experience without taking anything away.

I included some more with my current order, the Etizolam is very helpful for my anxiety. I don't plan to get hooked, but there is very little evidence of Etizolam causing major dependance and withdrawal issues. It seems to be much better, less side effects, withdrawals than other similar drugs.

I hope to give kanna a try soon as well. Also am interested in rape Amazonian snuff. I have absolutely no idea how I might tolerate or react to it but it has caught my interest.

Haha, as you can see I'm really exploring my options to get high and altered. There are lots of herbal ones for me to possibly try too. Kratom I loved but made me severely unwell.

Kava pretty harmless, just gives me too much mucus and I think I got a very sedating variety too, not my cup of tea. But otherwise a seemingly healthy compound with no adverse health effects, much better in that regard than the kratom.

Kanna sounds interesting if I can tolerate it, it could be good for my anxiety and as a compliment to my cannabis use like the kratom was but also has a stimulant effect and I badly need some stimulants in my life.

Last edited: