• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Will switching to 1:1 CBD/THC reduce tolerance at all?

Yeah I don’t tend to get out of wack when I microdose thc with my cbd but feeling high to me now is quite different then when I was 17 My spirit I feel calls out to me and says we’ve been down this road and I know it feels good but we don’t need this, which sucks cause I just got a quarter because of a pleasant experience with Christmas edibles and I think I’m the past month I’ve went through maybe a gram.. lol. My wallet isn’t pissed but I sure do look back at the old days when we were smoking half ounce blunts and say damn where the time go. But it could just be my calling in life not to smoke I don’t drink and occasionally I take a perc but usually I follow a doctors recommended dosage and never really take enough to get high (usually 5mg) but that’s another post. Like I said it could be Gods calling for me. But I won’t invite my religion on here I don’t wanna be that guy that everyone feels is trying to preach on a drug forum but I will say thank you for your response I was feeling like I was the on it one dealing with this
^Interesting comment. I’d put myself in the same boat. Personally been cutting back recently for both similar and different reasons. I don’t think smoking is necessarily wrong (idolizing or letting a substance control your life is different) but I also think the degree of use and how much cognitive function you give over to it matters.

i.e. drinking isn’t a problem but drunkenness is. That said, I’ve heard and seen some wickedly unexplainable things when it comes to supernatural and spiritual warfare and I think being under the influence makes you more susceptible to that realm.

Ultimately I don’t want to take away from that voice, just my thoughts and they aren’t necessarily correct. Keep on it dude

mixing cbd and thc cancels thc effects quite a bit esp if you smoke cbd first

cbd receptor cancels out thc's

Smoke thc first then wait a couple of hours and smoke cbd if youre after both

otherwise one of the other is fine

Yeah I don’t tend to get out of wack when I microdose thc with my cbd but feeling high to me now is quite different then when I was 17 My spirit I feel calls out to me and says we’ve been down this road and I know it feels good but we don’t need this, which sucks cause I just got a quarter because of a pleasant experience with Christmas edibles and I think I’m the past month I’ve went through maybe a gram.. lol. My wallet isn’t pissed but I sure do look back at the old days when we were smoking half ounce blunts and say damn where the time go. But it could just be my calling in life not to smoke I don’t drink and occasionally I take a perc but usually I follow a doctors recommended dosage and never really take enough to get high (usually 5mg) but that’s another post. Like I said it could be Gods calling for me. But I won’t invite my religion on here I don’t wanna be that guy that everyone feels is trying to preach on a drug forum but I will say thank you for your response I was feeling like I was the on it one dealing with this

All good man. It doesn’t come up often here but lots of people have similar feelings in one way or another so finding some common ground can be good in things other than the usual.

I also wanted to add a little explanation when I was thinking about your response last night (baked lol). I’m fully convicted in what I believe but I meant to say that what I said wasn’t necessarily (theologically) correct but whatevs to put it out.

Got raised in a Christian setting before departing it and coming back and anyone from my background wouldn’t agree probably. At the end of the day, test everything on the word.

Hope you find a good balance man

So would CBD oils and CBD sprays “cancel out THC” also? I have been using them both with THC and it only seems possibly enhanced. But CBD from the spray says 1.3mg CBD so it’s not much.

What about CBD Gummies? I had a 25mg CBD Gummy around 8-9pm and smoked around midnight. I got much higher then normal with a couple of hits. Not sure why. Unless CBD 3-4 hours prior helps to replenish the cannabinoid system and the CBD itself has worn off enough to not interact with the THC smoked hours later?

Would a CBD gummy still be active in your system if you smoked 3-4 hours later? As I smoked a small bowl and got pretty high. The Gummy was 25mg of CBD. The bowl I smoked was like maybe 15mg of THC, if even that (factoring in loss from smoking, etc) so assuming the CBD was still active would that be similar to smoking a 1:1 ratio of CBD/THC?

No shit, holy basil cut my tolerance to 1/5 of what it used to be and has held it there
Holy Basil in like Tulsi/ Ocimum tenuiflorum (synonym Ocimum sanctum). Had an influence on your tolerance. Is that what you mean SWIM15?

From what I've gathered from conversations with my CBD dispensary and my own personal use is that CBD blocks THC molecules from entering pathways into the brain. I'm not sure if your getting your weed from a disp or not, but lets take the hypothetical situation that you aren't if your weed is sourced from a good connect it should be from 20-28% THC maybe higher maybe lower, based on dried weight a gram would net you anywhere from 200 to 280 mg of THC, now if you only took 25mg of CBD 4 hours before you smoked that dose probably would of already been absorbed, active and starting to metabolize. 25mg probably wouldn't of been enough to honestly mitigate the THC anyways, for me I try a 8 to 1 or a 4 to 1 ratio. CBD I use throughout the day, and I only begin really smoking during the nighttime. So lets say the next time you smoke, weigh out a dose of a gram, and assume its anywhere from 120 mg low end (unless your getting Mexican brick still which I doubt you are) to High end Dispensary which I've heard can come in as high as 30 % or 300mg. If you wanted to mitigate your effects from THC, you would need atleast 800 mg of CBD. Now I suffer from onset paranoia with weed, so I'm coming from a standpoint of wanting to be a tad bit high, but not so high that I'm analyzing my every move. You may not be you may like the high, so I'd experiment with the ratios sometime at night, when you don't have to drive or do anything but chill. I'd source some high quality CBD Sublingual oil, and CBD Flower, and in a vaporizer (harm reduction lol) measure out your doses that you know hey I put .3 of weed in here and a gram of High CBD flower. Also when picking out CBD flower, make sure you use the same logic as sourcing weed. If its all shitty trimmed, and ugly looking.. I wouldn't pay attention to the CBD Percentage. I did that at first and thought I would get the highest possible percentage and once I Begin looking at the flowers I was ingesting the indoor grown blew that out of the water. So to make short of this, try ingesting CBD depend on ROA about an hour before (oral) or directly with your THC flowers if your smoking or vaping and lemme know how it went bro
So would CBD oils and CBD sprays “cancel out THC” also? I have been using them both with THC and it only seems possibly enhanced. But CBD from the spray says 1.3mg CBD so it’s not much.

What about CBD Gummies? I had a 25mg CBD Gummy around 8-9pm and smoked around midnight. I got much higher then normal with a couple of hits. Not sure why. Unless CBD 3-4 hours prior helps to replenish the cannabinoid system and the CBD itself has worn off enough to not interact with the THC smoked hours later?

Would a CBD gummy still be active in your system if you smoked 3-4 hours later? As I smoked a small bowl and got pretty high. The Gummy was 25mg of CBD. The bowl I smoked was like maybe 15mg of THC, if even that (factoring in loss from smoking, etc) so assuming the CBD was still active would that be similar to smoking a 1:1 ratio of CBD/THC?

I don't know if this helps, but I am 2 weeks into a 4 week tolerance psudo-break. The results are promising. I have been smoking concentrates for the last year or so and my tolerance is total shit. This seems to be doing the truck with out missing any medication.

Week 1, I mixed 1g of weed (Diablo OG) with .5g CBD flower (Lifter). Vapped it for a week.

Week 2, mixed same flowers with .5 of each

Week 3, this week i mixed again same flower but in a .5g weed and 1g CBD. This is the first week I've actually noticed not getting as high, which is ok and too be expected.

None of this is based on science, so take it with a grain of salt, but it seems to be working for me.

From what I've gathered from conversations with my CBD dispensary and my own personal use is that CBD blocks THC molecules from entering pathways into the brain. I'm not sure if your getting your weed from a disp or not, but lets take the hypothetical situation that you aren't if your weed is sourced from a good connect it should be from 20-28% THC maybe higher maybe lower, based on dried weight a gram would net you anywhere from 200 to 280 mg of THC, now if you only took 25mg of CBD 4 hours before you smoked that dose probably would of already been absorbed, active and starting to metabolize. 25mg probably wouldn't of been enough to honestly mitigate the THC anyways, for me I try a 8 to 1 or a 4 to 1 ratio. CBD I use throughout the day, and I only begin really smoking during the nighttime. So lets say the next time you smoke, weigh out a dose of a gram, and assume its anywhere from 120 mg low end (unless your getting Mexican brick still which I doubt you are) to High end Dispensary which I've heard can come in as high as 30 % or 300mg. If you wanted to mitigate your effects from THC, you would need atleast 800 mg of CBD. Now I suffer from onset paranoia with weed, so I'm coming from a standpoint of wanting to be a tad bit high, but not so high that I'm analyzing my every move. You may not be you may like the high, so I'd experiment with the ratios sometime at night, when you don't have to drive or do anything but chill. I'd source some high quality CBD Sublingual oil, and CBD Flower, and in a vaporizer (harm reduction lol) measure out your doses that you know hey I put .3 of weed in here and a gram of High CBD flower. Also when picking out CBD flower, make sure you use the same logic as sourcing weed. If its all shitty trimmed, and ugly looking.. I wouldn't pay attention to the CBD Percentage. I did that at first and thought I would get the highest possible percentage and once I Begin looking at the flowers I was ingesting the indoor grown blew that out of the water. So to make short of this, try ingesting CBD depend on ROA about an hour before (oral) or directly with your THC flowers if your smoking or vaping and lemme know how it went bro
From my personal experience, CBD flower enhances my THC high. This is solely my personal perceptions