• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will PINK grapefruit juice work as a methadone potentiator?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
First, please let me be clear - I'm a fast metabolizer, and I want the drug to be cleared more slowly - not necessarily be stronger. I know everyone says to use white GFJ, but at least here in BC Canada, I can't find a DROP of it for the life of me!! It's so frustrating! Loblaws USED TO have No Name brand White GFJ, but I haven't seen it in years now and neither have any workers I've asked over the years. It's the same story at every other major grocery store I've tried (Safeway, Save-On Foods, Costco, etc.). It's often somewhat difficult to find even PINK juice that's pure...often it's just grapefruit COCKTAIL - ie. sugar water...

Anyway, what I have with me now is regular Tropicana Pink GFJ, pure and not from concentrate. I took my last methadone dose about 5 hours ago, so do you think it's too late to have any effect on that particular dose in terms of extending its half life? And if it does indeed work, but just not as efficiently as the white, do you have any idea how much of the pink I would need to drink? My bottle is 1.54 liters (sorry, Americans - not sure how much that is in fluid ounces or whatever ;) )

Thanks for the help, all!!

I’m in Canada...METRO (old Dominion) carries white grapefruit juice from concentrate in a can.

I use to mix one can with equal part water, in a thick syrup....gross to drink but half a can does the trick (half a beer can volume of thick syrup).

I did it for a year or so....then said f@ck it. Drinking that shit daily with my morning Methadone ....gets old after a while

Try METRO