• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will oxycodone stop methadone withdrawals

Timefortruth

Greenlighter
Like my title asks, I am curious if oxycodone will stop methadone withdrawals. I am tapering down on methadone for pain, because of course the opioid crisis happening must mean I don’t need pain meds anymore WRONG, but with this last reduction I am in withdrawals. I was taking 40mg a day but am at 10 a day now since last Tuesday.

I still have some oxycodones left from when prescribed, but if they aren’t going to stop the withdrawals then I won’t bother.

Yes it will, at sufficient dose. 10mg of methadone is equivalent to 30-40mg of oxycodone.
i third this. But oxycodone is damn rough to use to avoid withdrawal, try to make sure the dose doesn't decide to just up itself like mine does from time to time, 40 somehow becomes 80 then 80 decides it wants to be like 40 and so forth, Hydromorph/morph is best for wd in small doses i find when i'm trying to cut down i take lower doses of my morph, goes a MUCH longer way than any amount of oxy can since oxy has such a low half life

What, the doctor took the original poster off of methadone abruptly? Jesus Christ . . . There is and was no opioid crisis, and whatever was going on in 2010 is not increasing, as by all measures there is much less supply, which as a lot to do both with the draconian treatment of people with pain and the fact that smack and pills, the counterfeit pills actually have fentanils, some of the weaker benzimidazoles, benzamides like Upjohn 44700, and non-opioids . . .

In any case, just like all drugs, people take them because they make them feel better and extends the patients' problem solving ability with respect to the cause of the pain and can help with other issues too . . . Why on earth would people begrudge other human beings this basic human right? Ignorance, sadism, greed . . .

Life is really hard and painful for a lot of people for all sorts of reasons and that is why opiates are the religion of the masses . . .

Last edited:
Life is really hard and painful for a lot of people for all sorts of reasons and that is why opiates are the religion of the masses . . .

Reverend @Nicomorphinist has given his sermon and I feel blessed as we all should brother ?

Barely . You need methadone back strictly no it's ands or buts , or else you will be blowing thru endless pills to feed off withdrawal. I stopped going to the methadone clinic ears back when I was going. My tolerance was so high I was shooting three bundles a day and still was feeling withdrawal