• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids will one oxy set me back?

goddamnrelentless

Greenlighter
I know already its not ideal, but although I'm only just out of withdrawals i absolutely need to go to work tomorrow. I've had a virus and also contributing to how i feel physically is some withdrawl from meth used in small amounts to come off the oxy.
Not ideal i know. Already aware my methods weren't the best. Just want to know if i were to have a small oxy dose in the a.m would my w's start over?

unfortunately yes, any opiates during wd's will set you back

Thought so.
im not wasting these last few days for that to happen.
guess i just try sleep well tonight and hope for the best

Last edited:
What was your experience like using meth to come off of oxy? You used small doses? I'm interested to hear about your experience.

As far as the physical wd's it has helped a lot. Yeah, used a really small dose day 1-3 and wd's were at a minimal, in fact on the most part they didn't bother me at all. The only thing i'm concerned about is how it pans out mentally over the next few days. As i don't usually use meth I struggled to sleep and had none the first night and only a couple hours day 2 and 3 but would have had that problem regardless of the meth. i'm 4 days off the oxy now and have just slept 6 hours. Feeling a little down but was expecting this.
You have to be prepared to suffer in one way or another when stopping opiates but if like me, you couldn't stay in bed and had work etc then to cut a long story short i have to say the use of meth has been really effective. I've been functional and in little discomfort.

After my first time being addicted to opiates the physical dependency sets in much quicker. If I've been clean about 1-3 weeks will get me dopesick. If I jump on opiates right after detox it's 1-4 days generally.

I'm really depressed today. I'm thinking its the meth i used and still in withdrawal from the oxy although managed through the acute phase. I don't think i can stay sober this time, i want to do what it takes to stop feeling this way above all other logic. I wish i had never started taking oxy. Fuck it all.

Basically, I'm thinking the meth although helped with the physical wd's it has been counterproductive as now in a terrible head space. This is fucking torture!!!!!!!!
If i get back on the oxy which is likely happening in an hour or two i'm going to try to taper and do what i can using over the counter aids. it pays to be mentally strong and the meth in my case has made that part impossible, long term it has not been a good idea.
When i use oxy i usually snort 6x10's a day at least. The best i can manage to do is not go over 10mg x3 a day and taper down to 3x5's and detox again in a week.
Should i expect my wd's to be as bad as they usually are? This has been my third attempt.

Wd can be as bad as u think it will be..that's half the battle..yes u will feel like shit but if u truly want to quit u will..don't feel bad about relapsing..it happens

Ahhhhhh, sweet relief. I failed but you are right-attitude is half the battle.
Using meth was a bad idea. Next time I'll be sensible and plan it properly regarding work and making sure I have on hand over the counter meds to help support what i need to do. Meth put me in a bad head space, I should've known better. I also hadn't given much thought to PAWS which I'm just reading up about now not that I've made it past day 6-7 previously over 3 attempts since I started using 2 years ago. I need to look at the big picture.

Basically, I'm thinking the meth although helped with the physical wd's it has been counterproductive as now in a terrible head space. This is fucking torture!!!!!!!!
If i get back on the oxy which is likely happening in an hour or two i'm going to try to taper and do what i can using over the counter aids. it pays to be mentally strong and the meth in my case has made that part impossible, long term it has not been a good idea.
When i use oxy i usually snort 6x10's a day at least. The best i can manage to do is not go over 10mg x3 a day and taper down to 3x5's and detox again in a week.
Should i expect my wd's to be as bad as they usually are? This has been my third attempt.

Take it from someone that withdraws every single month all the way through. Each and everytime you withdraw it will get worse. Find the strength to quit and stay away once and for all.

Take it from someone that withdraws every single month all the way through. Each and everytime you withdraw it will get worse. Find the strength to quit and stay away once and for all.

This
Opioid withdrawal kindles

For some reason i never get bad opioid withdraws, nothing more than a headache for like 2 hours. (And i use oxys as a recreational type drug every week or so). I honestly feel bad for you man and i hope you make it through. :)

"Opioid withdrawals" should be illegal. I get a script every month and I cringe if I'm 1 day short. It has gotten to the point that I'm trying to taper myself to the minimum dosage I can get past pain with. I'm on prescribed 420mg's a day, I am down to 260 @ the moment.

I tried to use meth to get me through withdrawals one time and had a pretty similar experience. It got me through four days with only minimal discomfort, (I still had pretty diarrhea and an upset stomach) but once I ran out of meth it really took a toll on me pathologically. Just like you said it put me in a bad head space and I ended up redosing.

For some reason i never get bad opioid withdraws, nothing more than a headache for like 2 hours. (And i use oxys as a recreational type drug every week or so). I honestly feel bad for you man and i hope you make it through. :)

I don't know how many days straight you use or how much of a dose, but that doesn't sound like full blown withdrawal so much as a bit of an opi hangover.

When I was not using often or tons off have a sort of hangover after. Either way, be smart and don't increase of you don't want to experience full blown wds!

In 3 or so years of everyday dependency and use of strong opiates I have never Withdrawn cos I want to do it once and walk away if that ever happens - Pain dependant- but when mates including you guys tell me that each WD is worse each time I just keep away until that fateful month or so that I have to do it.

take high doses everyday for 3 months then stop cold turkey. i guarantee you will have WD.

using oxys once or twice a week won't cause WD,

you won't do anything noticeable if you only take a small dose of oxy. It would not COMPLETELY start your WD's over. If that were true, how would people taper off of opiates? They'd be restarting every day if that were true.

I'm sorry dude, but you should seriously consider quitting all together now while you're ahead (4 days in). Highly suggest you get a benzo to assist you and lay off meth. Meth will help you at first but if you run out, then when you say "attitude is half the battle", it will deteriorate that attitude. Try doing it sober, user immodium, maybe try a benzo.