• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will my opiate withdrawals get better as long as I keep tapering??

Which opioid we need more info as u taper tolotence dose indeed go down but slower than say cold turky would bring it down. Its dangerous to assume where ur tolorence lies when tapering or cold turky and going back to ur doc.

I'm afraid it will get worse not to get ur hopes up. the jump to 0 is the worst but also the last step depending on how slow u taper it could make the process easier. Its likeusing a lil lube before shoving that cucumber in the bum. Good luck dude deffo keep us updated

Thanks for the replys. Here is some history and and info. 32 and started using when i was 29. Tooth pain and easy access. So I've been taking hydros for 3 years. On the 3rd year I through in some oxy and morphine . I got up to about 300mg a day. This past may I "quit". I did cold turkey for 2 days then I used three strips of suboxone. 3 day I took half a 8 by 2. 4th and 5th day a quater. Then took quarters for a few days after. Then skipped days until it was gone. took me about 3 weeks to feel ok. Then I relapsed around the first week in June. Been using hydros up until Sunday the 8th. About 100 mg a day. Sunday I only took 5mg. The that evening I took 5gs of kratom. Kratom helped alot. Monday i did 5g four times. I did that until Friday. Friday I had none and the withdrawals were tough but not the worst . Hot cold flushes, dyharea, runny nose until I got up and moved around. Friday night 9pm I took 15mg hydro. went to sleep 6 or 7 am with cold and hot flashes. Generally uncomfortable. Slept alright I guess. Woke up with same symptoms. Took a 10 mg hydro at 10pm tonight. I'm week I know. I disappoint myself but at the same time I don't feel I'm doing to bad. I feel like im gonna get through this. through.

tapering has helped me in the past, but not nearly as much as I had hoped. Your body owes a debt to the opiates, and the debt must be repaid, no matter how gently you taper off.

It helped me a lot....tapered from 50 mcg hr fent patch down to 3 mcg over 6 weeks....then went CT.

The taper was worse than the CT

It will get better during tapering so stick with it....u won't feel good again tho until after u CT

Hey, i'm new. I had an oxy habit of 160 mg for 7 months. In month 2 i had tapered off in 2 weeks and over 48 hours realized i had done successfully so i got cocky and started doing again that day. As you would assume, i started lower 20mg and as my tolerance went up so did my usuage to 160mg. I don't snort, i just eat it and chew if its not neo. I realized i had a problem 2 months ago and 1 month ago and I went on suboxone for 3 weeks. I tapered the sub every 3 days 4, 2, 1, .5, .25 came off suboxone 4 days ago. I felt shitty and used 10mg neooxy then 16 hours after the last sub (3 days ago). Then 24 hours after that i felt shitty again and took another 10 mg neo oxy (as the sub will still in my system and blocking I did not get high it just stopped the symptoms but no real buzz. 24 hours later i took .25 suboxone. Presently, it's only been 15 hours and I'm starting my body is starting to cramp again as is the stupid damn goosebumps. I can deal with this for another 8 hours at least. I realize I'm totally a F----ing pussy but... my lower body cramps up so bad I can't sleep when I past the 24 hour mark. I'm a teacher, i've been going to work everyday, but I can't function if I don't sleep some. I have temezepam, it knocks me out for 3 hours and I wake up with pounding heart, sweats and my lower half and back hurt like hell etc. So here's the question.. what do you think will be better or with less withdrawl like issues....to taper off the neo oxy or the suboxone? My plan is that if withdrawl is rough and I can't sleep tonight (12 hours from now) then I'll take either .125 of suboxone or 5mg of oxy? What do you guys think? Once again, yes I'm a pussy and yes some form of withdrawl like symptoms are imminent, albeit subjective and ergo.... unavoidable. I'm looking for the experts to know what's better to taper in your opinion.... a short acting full agonist like oxycodone (neo) down to 2mg or a partial acting agonist (bupenorphine) to .006? I'mean open to whatever, no worries about offending me.

Tapering is done to minimize the acute physical symptoms and in theory, if done over a long enough time while lowering your dose very slowly, should make them non-existent.

It's very hard to pull off since it takes a hell of a lot of discipline.

Tapering however will not get rid of PAWS, ime. They won't be as bad, though.

If your at 15mg of hydro then quit, go through the couple of days of wd and try to get some kratom for PAWS before it's illegal.