• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will LSD make me regrettably honest?

LOL. MDMA does some really funny things do people. It's the weirdest drug I've ever tried apart from Salvia. I can count on one hand the number of times I have tried it in my life. The neurotoxicity is a real turn-off for me. I'm thinking about getting some MDAI... shit seems like a pretty safe alternative.

I wouldn't bother AA - you never know what you're getting anyway. All the alleged "MDAI" bought didn't work anyway. I don't think MDMA is neurotoxic btw, all the studies that claim it is are based on injecting massive amounts directly into rat brains every 4 hours for days on end. They found if they gave the rat an oral dose once a week they could never see any damage so they had to try and justify their funding to the DEA somehow.

MDMA may leave you more susceptible to being honest with others. LSD may leave you more susceptible to being honest with yourself. You may have to face certain aspects about yourself or your personality that you may not exactly like. It can also help you to be more accepting of yourself, and in turn accepting of others. That's just been my experience with it, YMMV.

Maybe you will realise there's no place to hide your secrets and consequently ask yourself "who am i hiding this secret from anyway?"

That could lead to "spilling it". It's an unfolding process, IMO.

No, the acid should not make you regrettably honest with anyone but yourself. However, 50 micrograms is not enough to trip very well. I would say you need at least 100 mikes or more if possible.

I realize this has already happened but I haven't had an issue with revealing secrets on LSD. I find it hard to articulate what I mean to say.

^--Yeah, a lot of the realizations we have from LSD seem to come from the deep, ineffable, subconscious part of our minds.

Also, let me qualify my first statement (above), because LSD--especially a high or very high dosages--can in fact lower one's inhibitions as much as alcohol, but you'll probably be too fucked up to talk about your secrets with anyone else anyway.

MDMA makes you dismiss your inhibitions, which would explain why you blurted something embarassing out. When I first rolled I asked two girls I had never met before if they wanted to make out :p the words were out of my mouth before I even thought about them

LSD however is more about being honest with yourself. Youll be confronted with a lot of internal issues, but unlike on empathogenic amphetamines I think the likelihood of you blurting out secrets is low

and anyways, 50ug of LSD is a very manageable dose. I think once the experience begins for you youll find that this concern wont be an issue at all

Yup, everyone got it down right. Mdma may make you too honest to others, but for acid it can make you brutally honest to yourself. For whatever reason, candyflipping is more like mdma in that way.

On a high enough dose of acid, you'll have a difficult time speaking coherently. So not much to worry about in that case.

It may be that you are regrettably dishonest, and you will simply become rewardingly honest by dropping acid. How would this be a problem?

Just write on your hand with a pen "don't discuss you know what".

:D Very subtle...

I can't imagine LSD provoking uncontrollable honesty, but it can make the whole idea of secrets and concealing oneself seem pretty ludicrous. I've certainly done things that were impulsive and potentially regrettable when tripping, but generally was able to deal with it as I try to be as honest as possible at all times. You won't tell your secret if you don't wish to, but you may find that you suddenly DO want to share. If so, think carefully; but I would follow the impulse. Secrets are generally overrated. :)

I've definitely said things while frying I wouldnt normal tell people but never anything to important

I honestly don't think I've ever told myself on drugs ever, at least anything serious. If drugs were "truth serums" I wouldn't touch them, and the CIA might not have abandoned the MK Ultra program. (I don't think they ever stopped that program but they're doing it through the sham science/industry of psychiatry instead of using LSD.)