View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will LSD make me regrettably honest?

NotQuiteAnona

Greenlighter
I'm taking LSD for the first time tomorrow (50 micrograms) and I was wondering will I be likely to blurt out a secret that I'm not yet ready to share with my friends while tripping? On ecstacy I definitely became way more honest and less rational in my euphoric state and, though I know this is a different ballgame altogether, I can't help but worry that I'll take leave of my senses and tell them when we're tripping together.

Thanks!

I'm taking LSD for the first time tomorrow (50 micrograms) and I was wondering will I be likely to blurt out a secret that I'm not yet ready to share with my friends while tripping? On ecstacy I definitely became way more honest and less rational in my euphoric state and, though I know this is a different ballgame altogether, I can't help but worry that I'll take leave of my senses and tell them when we're tripping together.

Thanks!

If You keep thinking about the secret, you could very easily decide to reveal it while frying

keep us posted,
so much drama
so little time to waste
lsd can be timeless
you may become timelessly honest

I've found that LSD shuts people up more often than it makes them start blabbing...

Uh-oh, not exactly the news I was hoping for but thank you all for your honesty - any advice on how I could keep myself from spilling the beans, or would it be best to avoid acid altogether when I've a heavy conscience?

I would say 50 micrograms is going to be a mild trip and you will probably be fairly sober minded.

It's super unlikely. Alcohol and benzos are far more likely to act as "truth serums". On lower doses of LSD you will be OK.

If it's something that is concerning you a lot then you should postpone LSD until later, tripping while worried can put a damper on an otherwise good trip.

I would normally say that if you have a heavy conscience about it, you might feel guilty and confess it. But, 50ug isn't much at all and I wouldn't imagine even really a trip.

I think it depends on the dose and the amount of self-control, as well as how lucid the trip is. I agree it is not likely to really be a truth serum - disinhibiting drugs have that effect, but it can make you pretty damn uncomfortable being extra conscious about it. If you are really not ready to share it, I would expect that to stay the same. But if deep down you do want to share it, then I guess that is what you actually want anyway.

Shulgin said in PIHKAL that it is hard for people to keep secrets from one another while under the influence of psychedelics, yet it seems that is exactly what that woman (pseudonym Ursula in the book) did to him.

I wouldn't even bother taking 50mcg... that's such a low dose.

Alcohol and benzos are more likely to cause that kind of behaviour than psychedelics. LSD does get you fucked up but you're actually more in control of yourself than you realize.

Most LSD is overestimated, sold as having at least 100 micrograms while 60 is more likely to actually be on there. I have seen that multiple times, with advertised acid and actual quantitative lab testing confirming what I just said.

So, if it is truly 50 ug - it is a little low but certainly not pointless. If it is supposedly, overestimated microgrammage then AA357 'd have a good point.

I've been near black-out drunk several times and never felt compelled to reveal it so by the sounds of it this low dosage should be fine... thank you all for your help!

Its obviously up to you but I would aim to be a bit more blown away for a first trip, like 100 mics or more... 50 wouldn't do much to me. Anyway, LSD usually makes people shut off about anything personal, it's nicer to think about it and contemplate it to yourself while on LSD.

Most LSD is overestimated, sold as having at least 100 micrograms while 60 is more likely to actually be on there. I have seen that multiple times, with advertised acid and actual quantitative lab testing confirming what I just said.
Interesting.

I've been near black-out drunk several times and never felt compelled to reveal it so by the sounds of it this low dosage should be fine... thank you all for your help!
From what I've seen, psychedelics tend to do one of two things to people:
1) Make you quiet and serious.
2) Make you talk incessant nonsense.

I am of the latter type. They don't make me want to open up and share my most intimate secrets with people... they just make me feel really silly and creative.

Just write on your hand with a pen "don't discuss you know what".

For me, LSD isn't like MDMA where I can easily start blabbing things that I might feel uncomfortable about having said the next day. It has, however, led me to reveal things that I was keeping sort of secret, but felt compelled to share while under the influence. All of these acid "reveals" have been productive and I have no regrets about any of them, quite the opposite, they helped me get some stuff out that I needed to deal with.

I think that with acid, you are enough in control that you won't say anything that oughtn't be said. Once you're tripping you might be like me and find out that it's better if you just say it, or you might see that it's better to keep it secret. Either way, I find that LSD has a way of making things happen that should happen.

If you kept your secret while on MDMA, you will definitely keep it when you take LSD.

For me, LSD isn't like MDMA where I can easily start blabbing things that I might feel uncomfortable about having said the next day. It has, however, led me to reveal things that I was keeping sort of secret, but felt compelled to share while under the influence. All of these acid "reveals" have been productive and I have no regrets about any of them, quite the opposite, they helped me get some stuff out that I needed to deal with.

I think that with acid, you are enough in control that you won't say anything that oughtn't be said. Once you're tripping you might be like me and find out that it's better if you just say it, or you might see that it's better to keep it secret. Either way, I find that LSD has a way of making things happen that should happen.
LOL. MDMA does some really funny things do people. It's the weirdest drug I've ever tried apart from Salvia. I can count on one hand the number of times I have tried it in my life. The neurotoxicity is a real turn-off for me. I'm thinking about getting some MDAI... shit seems like a pretty safe alternative.

I definitely speak and act differently when I'm spun on LSD/psychedelics in general but at worst it's nothing more than severe diarrhoea of the mouth. I don't say anything I regret; I just tend to act pretty stupid and not give a shit.

I would say no from personal experiences. Just curious on how you know your dose is 50 Micrograms though as that's pretty low??