• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Will Lansoprazole interact with my regular meds?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I've been suffering from really bad acid reflux for days and my mum gave me a few Lansoprazole 30mg capsules. Lansoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor which reduces the amount of acid in the stomach, will this effect the other meds I'm on? The meds I'm on are...

Oxycodone 30mg
Pregabalin 100mg
Mirtazapine 45mg
Olanzapine 10mg
Scopolamine 300mcg

Cheers guys!

The reason I'm asking this is because Omeprazole which is very similar to Lansoprazole inhibits the Cytochrome P450 enzyme system and I'm wondering if Lansoprazole does the same.

I'm not 100% sure, but just from a brief look on Wikipedia, there is a list of drugs that it could interact with, and it doesn't include any of the ones you've mentioned here.

I'm not 100% sure, but just from a brief look on Wikipedia, there is a list of drugs that it could interact with, and it doesn't include any of the ones you've mentioned here.

Yeah im inclined to agree with u as I didn't find anything which suggests Lansoprazole interacts with any of my meds. Thanks for the reply (y)

The reason I'm asking this is because Omeprazole which is very similar to Lansoprazole inhibits the Cytochrome P450 enzyme system and I'm wondering if Lansoprazole does the same.
Everything you ingest substance wise pretty much (there are a few exceptions) will affect cyp enzymes. It is a critical liver function for metabolism after all.

That being said all too often that doesn't change much, maybe some increased proneness to side effects etc.
The thing with cyp enzymes pathways is that often there are others that aren't interacting that can take the extra load.

Oxycodone may be affected some as it's main enzyme is cyp3a4 which lansoprazole shares.
Pregabalin pretty soley gets excreted unchanged (correct me if I'm wrong).

Mirtazipine also shares the 3a4 enzyme.

Chances are though these enzyme interactions won't amount to anything clinically significant.

Last edited: