• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe will kratom cause precipitated wd?

pahn

Bluelighter
hey guys i had a stupid idea to jump from 8mg sub for years, got to around the 90hr mark and started feeling terrible back pain. i took 150mg codeine which made the back pain feel better and let me sleep. im around 100hr mark and feel like shit. i have kratom as well as a bunch of subs so i can reinstate, however its only been like 9 hrs since the codeine. If i were to take kratom to help the symptoms will my reinstatement on sub cause precip wd? how long should i wait? thanks for any advice!

Kratom won't do that. But it's also unlikely to help although I hope it does 🙏

I can almost be sure that it will do nothing for the back pain. But then opioids just aren't an effective treatment for long term chronic pain unless you have an inexhaustible supply

If you have the will instead of reinstating you've come far enough where you could take your Suboxone on a PRN basis for withdrawals only. 1-2 mg should be sufficient to suppress the worst symptoms after day3. Experiment with taking less.

The Kratom stands a better chance of helping out once you've transitioned to tapering from weaker drugs like codeine /Tramadol

Last edited:
thank you guys so much for the advice. i took around 12g of kratom a cpl hrs ago, and it actually helped alot with my symptoms, however it also made me extremely dizzy. I know codeine has a very short half life, so i think it should be safe to dose subs within 24 hrs of the t3's. I think im going to ride this out as long as i can today and reinstate on subs tonight. It will most likely be around 12 hrs after my kratom dose and 21 hrs after my codeine dose. I'm planning on taking around 2mg unless you guys think i should go lower than that? Ive been very careful my whole life and luckily never experienced precip wd, and honestly i dont think i could handle it in my current state. I think im going to try to reinstate on 2 mg and see if i can stabilize there, possibly even dose every 36 hrs instead of daily. i really appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to help a fellow addict. thank you.

thank you guys so much for the advice. i took around 12g of kratom a cpl hrs ago, and it actually helped alot with my symptoms, however it also made me extremely dizzy. I know codeine has a very short half life, so i think it should be safe to dose subs within 24 hrs of the t3's. I think im going to ride this out as long as i can today and reinstate on subs tonight. It will most likely be around 12 hrs after my kratom dose and 21 hrs after my codeine dose. I'm planning on taking around 2mg unless you guys think i should go lower than that? Ive been very careful my whole life and luckily never experienced precip wd, and honestly i dont think i could handle it in my current state. I think im going to try to reinstate on 2 mg and see if i can stabilize there, possibly even dose every 36 hrs instead of daily. i really appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to help a fellow addict. thank you.
12g is a rather large dose, so it's no surprise it made you dizzy. My sweet spot is between 4.5g and 6g max. I tend to stick closer to 4.5, unless the stuff I get is lower quality than usual, then I go up to 6.

I have never ever ever. Literally taken suboxone 5 minutes after taking kratom. I've taken kratom on suboxone itself... and then more suboxone and kept it going between the two overlapping a lot.

Now this isn't to say.... no one else will. I must be a freak alien person. I don't even experience precipitated off of using it too soon after any opiate (however percocet/oxy I will feel so tired and sleep for the entire day without being able to stop sleeping). So I only experience it with I want to say.. full-agonists (whatever that term is sry).

But kratom? Never once so many times lol. I don't want to be responsible for anyone getting in that terrible zone though.... could there be a reason why I don't and everyone else does? I still sometimes take subs for "funzies" and I'm a daily kratom user. There's literally no interaction for me at all. Again, I don't want to cause anyone to have PWD lol.

Yes it's possible. I shot 8 mg of suboxone after being on 50+ grams of kratom daily and last dosing within 6 hours and while the PWD was mild, I sweat balls for about 5 minutes, felt off and had a slight headache. So suboxone can cause PWD from kratom is what I'm saying, but that was also IV so instant

ok so its been 12 hrs since i dosed the kratom and im still experiencing 0 symptoms of wd. i honestly feel MUCH better than i do on subs. ive been in a depressed state of malaise for weeks, which is one of the reasons for my sudden kick. i was really planning on reinstating tonight or tomor but this has really got me torn on what to do. i actually made a new post with in depth details, but im sure you guys have the gist so far. i mean which is the better devil, kratom or subs? i could reinstate and do a slow taper, or just keep my 4 days of progress and use kratom as a crutch, tho i do know it can lead to wds as well. i also have important work that i cant be sick for over the next few days, so thats weighing heavily on me.

Yes it's possible. I shot 8 mg of suboxone after being on 50+ grams of kratom daily and last dosing within 6 hours and while the PWD was mild, I sweat balls for about 5 minutes, felt off and had a slight headache. So suboxone can cause PWD from kratom is what I'm saying, but that was also IV so instant
Part of that was also the nalaxone in there

ok so its been 12 hrs since i dosed the kratom and im still experiencing 0 symptoms of wd. i honestly feel MUCH better than i do on subs. ive been in a depressed state of malaise for weeks, which is one of the reasons for my sudden kick. i was really planning on reinstating tonight or tomor but this has really got me torn on what to do. i actually made a new post with in depth details, but im sure you guys have the gist so far. i mean which is the better devil, kratom or subs? i could reinstate and do a slow taper, or just keep my 4 days of progress and use kratom as a crutch, tho i do know it can lead to wds as well. i also have important work that i cant be sick for over the next few days, so thats weighing heavily on me.

Funny you say all that. I also recently have been finding I am happier snd more content on Kratom over Suboxone.

Granted I take 3-5 extract capsules (equal to 75-100 grams of Kratom a day, but I find my mood is much better.

When I stay on Suboxone I find I don’t feel right inside and I’m very depressed

That was likely from the naloxone, unless you did an extraction

Funny you say all that. I also recently have been finding I am happier snd more content on Kratom over Suboxone.

Granted I take 3-5 extract capsules (equal to 75-100 grams of Kratom a day, but I find my mood is much better.

When I stay on Suboxone I find I don’t feel right inside and I’m very depressed
What brand of extract do you use typically?

absolutely not. buprenorphine is a mixed agonist antagonist. That is what causes PD, not naloxone. Mytragynine is not like bupe in any way

Suboxone is going to outcompete pretty much any opiate for the opioid receptor - its binding affinity is crazy high and is the reason sub ODs are hard to treat with naloxone as it binds so tightly to opiate receptors. So if your body is used to the alkaloids in kratom it will likely notice something as the subs will rip pretty much any opiate in your system off your receptors - but the experience will probably not be as intense as say having the sub rip fentanyl out of your receptors.

Sub ripping fent off my receptors after a month of IV almost killed me.

Precipitated withdrawal gave me a minor stroke.