• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will it help

8yearsin

Greenlighter
I take 130 of methadone daily and I have been having migraines lately. My question is will 10 mg of hydrocodone help with the headache? I know I won't feel it and I'm not looking to I just want my headaches gone...

Hey 8yearsin! I'd like to welcome you to Bluelight, as I see this is your first post :). To encourage users to get involved and assimilate with the community a little bit, we require you to make 50 posts before you can do things like send Private Messages. This is fairly important as myself and other moderators actually conduct a lot of our Harm Reduction work behind the scenes in private messages. We help people conduct tapers, give emotional support among other things.

So, with that out of the way, I'm sorry that I have to give you some bad news. 10mg Hydrocodone (Vicodin;Lortab) will not touch you. It's miles and miles away. When I was on 120mg Methadone at the clinic, I ended up needing surgery on my sinus. They essentially gave me a standard Opioid regimen when I left. I used the entire script in one sitting and was still in severe pain. I went and acquired a gram of Heroin, which I had not used in a long, long time. I should half the gram, then the other half. I didn't receive anything more than a mild tickle from all of these pain meds.

When you are on maintenance, you are pretty much stuck. I'm sure you're aware, but maybe take some Caffeine and some Acetaminophen or another NSAID.