• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will it be easy to take 10mgs instead of 15mg methadone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CfZrx

Bluelighter
I accidentally took a couple extras in the beginning of the month and now I am 2 pills short, so my plan is to skip a pill 2 days this week to make up for it. Will I notice any WDs? Thanks!

My guess would be yes( yes it prob will be easy to take 10mgs a couple times instead of 15mgs ). BUT, this depends on what dose you are on right now and how long you have been taking it.
Methadone has a VERY long half life, and therefore if you have been taking it regularly for a while, at a high enough dose( doesn't need to be too high ), you can potentially miss a dose and not feel shitty because you have a bunch of Methadone built up in your system that will take quite a while to leave your system.

Since your title says taking "10mgs instead of 15mgs", as long as you have been taking this 15 mg dose on a daily/regular basis, I think that taking 5mgs less a couple times shouldn't be much of a bother. At most you might feel a little uncomfortable.

Just my 2 cents. I know methadone, but have never been on MMT.

jB

....oh, and btw, methadone is an ABSOLUTE BITCH to get/taper off of so please do your best to keep your dose as low as possible.

I hate it when I accidentally take extra pills!! What a bitch! If all you have to worry about is two days at a slightly lower dose then don't even sweat it. You will be fine.

We don't generally field the "Will I experience withdrawal" questions. They are very difficult or impossible to answer and don't usually have a bearing on Harm Reduction in any way. I know you got moved here, so no hard feelings, but I'm going to close this. I would be surprised if withdrawal were a serious issue for you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.