• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Will I pass an ETG Test 110+ Hours after Binge Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRusty1991

Greenlighter
Hi Guys,

Just a brief history. Back in Febuary I got a DWI. Almost done with all the court requirements and all that and I don't really drink anymore. I got into a rehabilitation program where we get tested once a week. On this past Tuesday, right after being tested I went out for the night and went on a massive binge for 8-9 hours. My BAC was likely around .27-.0.30 (Quite high I know) I did not drink before this.

I am 25 years old, weigh 220 pounds and 5' 10.' They do ETG alcohol tests (Alcohol metabolite) and the cutoff is 500ng/L. I have to go in this Monday for a test at 630PM. My question is the following:

I have passed ETG tests once before on another occasion when I drank on a Friday night into Saturday, went to take the test again 5PM on Monday and passed the ETG test.

It will be around 115-116 hours from the time my BAC went to 0.00 from the binge. On Wednesday, mny breathalyzer at home kept saying I had alcohol in my blood until around 8-8:30PM Wednesday when I finally hit 0.00.

I know ETG doesn't really count the clock until it's undetectable until you hit 0.00. So my question is, based on these factors, am I likely to again be able to pass this ETG tests if I hit sober 8PM Wednesdsay evening and the Test is 6-6:30PM Monday? The Cutoff for ETG is 500ng/L. I just want to make sure or else I will call in, I have three more weeks to go to be done and I don't want to get caught on my first positive test which will add another ten - fifteen weeks to my program when I'm almost done.

Will I likely pass this upcoming ETG test after 115 hours sober? I know some places say up to five days and that's what makes me nervous, however it seems mostly from scattered internet stories it seems most people are in the clear after 80+ hours. 115 I should be good I'm guessing? I rather be safe than sorry. If needed I can call out Monday if it's too risky. Please just let me know if I'm safe. I passed once before with only 60 hours from sober until test after like 8 drinks or so.

You're Good. After 48 hours you would most likely be good tbh. So at 115 hours definitely

You're Good. After 48 hours you would most likely be good tbh. So at 115 hours definitely

Thank You for your response. I was concerned mostly because it was such a massive binge (20-25 beers). However, at that point it would seem basically gone, especially since I'm young, my liver is in fairly good health, etc right? You would still go in and take the test monday at 530PM right? If I don't take it they add another week, but like I said previously, I have taken it 60 hours after drinking 6-8 and been OK. 115 hours seems more than enough am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.