• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Will I harm myself provoking panic with cannabis?

Renald

Bluelighter
I have panic attacks and try to intentionally cause them with cannabis to experience them in controlled conditions. I am interested, will I harm myself if I try to use vape cannabis despite the feeling of extreme anxiety or full-blown panic? Surely, this is extremely difficult to do this, because I am very anxious, shaking, dizzy, nauseous and it is almost impossible to continue dosing cannabis on these feelings. I am interested, is it dangerous to my health to use cannabis on top of my panic.
I am surely not using cannabis recreationally, I am using it for my panic and from a scientific interest. For me cannabis usually is very uncomfortable, but the aim of using it is not reaching a comfortable state, but what I just noticed.

and what would that gain you? if you think you get desentized to it by bravely facing it,that might work and I wish you best luck.But honestly I dont think anything very helpful will come out of it

yeah.. i mean if you want this type of discomfort then go for it. just dose in a safe setting so you don't freak-out and do something stupid.

i just don't see what can be gained from this.. quite a unique desire i should say.

Uncomfortable cannabis experiences can help you learn how to deal better with uncomfortable cannabis experiences. What seems scary now becomes less scary with experience. After a number of accidental "overdoses" with edibles, I feel like there's no such thing as too much anymore. If I'm at home or somewhere else that's safe, anyway.

This helped me in learning how to stop fearing high doses of other psychedelics. I don't know if it would help with anxiety in other aspects of life.

If you don't feel any positive effects, I'm not sure if it's worth it. I wouldn't keep using cannabis unless I found it mostly enjoyable.

I just want to know is it dangerous to me physically, or not?
It is usually said there are no deaths from cannabis overdose as the dose is too high to consume such a dose, also there are no deaths from panic attacks. Despite this, people have died from extreme anxiety (not from anxiety itself, but usually from cardiovascular issues associated with anxiety). I am thinking if I can provoke in myself extremely severe panic attack when on cannabis, maybe this may result to the death or to serious physical issues.

If panicking from weed was physically dangerous, lots of people would have died from it by now. Lots of people panic and call 911 or go to the ER with weed "overdoses". None of them die from it.

You're safe if you're in a safe place and not doing something stupid like driving.

If panicking from weed was physically dangerous, lots of people would have died from it by now. Lots of people panic and call 911 or go to the ER with weed "overdoses". None of them die from it.

You're safe if you're in a safe place and not doing something stupid like driving.

OK, I understand this. But why then people sometimes die from extreme fear (cardiovascular issues caused by fear) when frightened?

There is something called the "kindling effect" where the more often you have panic attacks, the more likely you are to have them. (This applies to bipolar mania as well.)

So you enjoy the feeling of panic attacks when smoking? To each his own but no you won't have a heart attack, actually THC is a vasodilator and slows down your heart rate, so you are just as likely if not less likely to die from a panic attack (but the chances are so incredibly small as you said earlier). But if you are going to do this just make sure you are in a safe environment.

Please don't do this. I'm not saying it happens alot because it doesn't.
I have ptsd, and just high anxiety in general. I was smoking a blunt with a few others and someone decided to play a joke and bang on my apartment door pretending to be the police. It was very convincing and I had a panic attack that I calmed down from within the hour.... The next morning I wake up, and I still feel out of it like I'm high. I try to eat something, I took a shower. Nothing. Foggy head, no concentration, the feeling of being a passenger in your own body and just watching from the back seat. I had to go to work, my boss wasn't cool with calling in at all. I don't like going to work high, it's very counter productive for me and I get anxious.
Anyways, this went on for three days. Would wake up hoping it was gone to still feeling completely blowed. I understand this sounds like a dream come true but it was the furthest from it. I felt like I had lost myself and had to have tons of reassurance from others that I was going to be okay. I still don't know if it went away or it just faded into the background. I'm a Google wizard and finally found disassociative disorder that can be triggered during cannabis use. Go look it up, and I hope my share has helped in your decision. :)