• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will I get physical withdrawals? Help!

UAV

Bluelighter
I’ve been consuming an average of 1 pressed M 30 pills per day for 11 days. These presses tested for Etazene, a research opioid.

I’ve never had issues with opioids before, usually I’d take Oxy for one week and be able to stop, no problems. I have never had physical withdrawals before or dependency issues.

11 days ago, I got 12 m 30s because they were super cheap, I thought I’d give them a go.

Let me tell you, I’ve never experienced cravings like I am getting right now. I have 1 and a half pills left and I’ve been redosing pretty consistently for all 11 days. I’m never going to be buying these pills again because I realise how quickly lives can be ruined by addiction.

I’m scared that I’m going to have physical withdrawals after I stop and I won’t be able to hide them from those that I love. I just graduated law school and my graduation party is this Saturday. I’m so scared.

What should I expect from Etazene use of this duration and as someone who has never had physical withdrawals before?

Thanks bluelighters,

UAV

Oh.. im sorry but im pretty sure that you’re gonna go through some kind of WD, but not necessarely an insane one though, but some level of WD is probably inevitable in this case.. but hey! I might be wrong, ive been wrong before!

Oh.. im sorry but im pretty sure that you’re gonna go through some kind of WD, but not necessarely an insane one though, but some level of WD is probably inevitable in this case.. but hey! I might be wrong, ive been wrong before!
I’ve heard that usually the first withdrawal is the easiest? Also that it takes a long-ish amount of use to get physical withdrawals if the user has never been physically addicted?

Any tips for preparing myself? I’m going to get some diazepam to help.

I’ve heard that usually the first withdrawal is the easiest? Also that it takes a long-ish amount of use to get physical withdrawals if the user has never been physically addicted?

Yeah you’re absolutely right my friend. But the fact that its etonitazen and for 11-12 days straight makes me think that you’re gonna have some wd..

Diazepam will defenetely help. Get some loperamide too just in case. If you feel really sick, start with 16x2mg and see where it gets you. It shouldnt take it all away cuz then you’re just pushing the wd infront of you, use it to take the edge of only. 👍🏼

Yeah you’re absolutely right my friend. But the fact that its etonitazen and for 11-12 days straight makes me think that you’re gonna have some wd..

Diazepam will defenetely help. Get some loperamide too just in case. If you feel really sick, start with 16x2mg and see where it gets you. It shouldnt take it all away cuz then you’re just pushing the wd infront of you, use it to take the edge of only. 👍🏼
Thanks friend. How long do you think they will last if I stopped taking them today?

These things are true. However the more accumulated experience of pushing the boundaries of skirting dependence, the easier it will be to get dependent, too. Like, if you'd never done opiates before until this binge, I'd say you would almost surely be fine, but since you've taken oxys what sounds like a number of times, daily for a week, you're not exactly an opiate virgin. Still, you MIGHT not get any withdrawals. I am not sure how etazene is in terms of tolerance buildup, not all opioids are created equal, some will develop dependence more quickly than others.

But yes, the first withdrawal is the easiest, for sure, and also will last the least amount of time compared to future withdrawals. If you do experience some withdrawal after running out, you should be able to tough through it. If you use the rest to rapid taper, it will be easier. However, the total number of days in a row will also be a factor, so the best thing to do is probably, if you can, put the remaining one(s) aside and wait, and if you don't get withdrawals, count yourself lucky and toss the in the trash. If you do get withdrawals, then take half the dose you were, then the next time, half of that, etc. Rapid taper yourself so that it cuts down some of the intensity of the withdrawal. As someone else mentioned, loperamide can help a lot if you take enough. Gabapentin can be miraculous if you dose it right, it helps a whole lot, especially if the withdrawal is not severe (it won't be severe).

And after you get past this, do yourself the biggest favor you'll ever do yourself, and stay away from opiates. It truly gets much, much harder, the more times you get to this point.

These things are true. However the more accumulated experience of pushing the boundaries of skirting dependence, the easier it will be to get dependent, too. Like, if you'd never done opiates before until this binge, I'd say you would almost surely be fine, but since you've taken oxys what sounds like a number of times, daily for a week, you're not exactly an opiate virgin. Still, you MIGHT not get any withdrawals. I am not sure how etazene is in terms of tolerance buildup, not all opioids are created equal, some will develop dependence more quickly than others.

But yes, the first withdrawal is the easiest, for sure, and also will last the least amount of time compared to future withdrawals. If you do experience some withdrawal after running out, you should be able to tough through it. If you use the rest to rapid taper, it will be easier. However, the total number of days in a row will also be a factor, so the best thing to do is probably, if you can, put the remaining one(s) aside and wait, and if you don't get withdrawals, count yourself lucky and toss the in the trash. If you do get withdrawals, then take half the dose you were, then the next time, half of that, etc. Rapid taper yourself so that it cuts down some of the intensity of the withdrawal. As someone else mentioned, loperamide can help a lot if you take enough. Gabapentin can be miraculous if you dose it right, it helps a whole lot, especially if the withdrawal is not severe (it won't be severe).

And after you get past this, do yourself the biggest favor you'll ever do yourself, and stay away from opiates. It truly gets much, much harder, the more times you get to this point.

Thank you. I feel slightly relieved by your comment and I’m an anxious person in general, you’ve helped a lot.

Would you say gabapentin is better than diazepam or should I get both?

Essentially, I just don’t want my withdrawal to be noticeable to those around me. I recently started talking to my ex again and it’s taken SO much work to build things back up, I don’t want to ruin things (we didn’t break up for drug related issues at all - but I don’t want her to view me as a junkie).

I won’t be delving into opiates for a long long time again, if ever. Besides, I’ve heard that Etazene completely ruins your tolerance to all opiates so I doubt I could even get high lol.

I don’t know how I got here, 11 days later. The addiction potential for Etazene is fucking insane. I’ve never experienced anything like it in my life.

One more question, what’s the typical duration of first time physical w/ds? Are we talking days? Weeks?

Im sorry if i spooked your ass off, wasnt my intention at all. As the other guy said, you MIGHT be alright and as he says you should count yourself lucky. And its great you feel like you dont want to do them again for a long time. Yes, these zenes make your tolerance skyrocket but it wont keep you from getting high or anything, at least not after 11 days. The length of wd is completely dependent on the halflife of the drug you take, say for heroin its about a week while methadone its several weeks of hell, or even longer. For these various zenes my best guess would be for about a week. But in your case id say probably 4-5 days until your okay, if you get the wd that is! Either you tough through it and just say to your girlfriend and family that you caught the flu or something, or you rapid taper and then use some lope or something but this will likely make the process slower just so you know! Maybe toughing through this is the best way to go so you get to burn your fingers a little just to make you feel even more determined to not do it again. Believe me, you DONT want to be coming here again, this life litterally sucks donkey ass. Wish you the best of luck m8!

Reactions: UAV
Im sorry if i spooked your ass off, wasnt my intention at all. As the other guy said, you MIGHT be alright and as he says you should count yourself lucky. And its great you feel like you dont want to do them again for a long time. Yes, these zenes make your tolerance skyrocket but it wont keep you from getting high or anything, at least not after 11 days. The length of wd is completely dependent on the halflife of the drug you take, say for heroin its about a week while methadone its several weeks of hell, or even longer. For these various zenes my best guess would be for about a week. But in your case id say probably 4-5 days until your okay, if you get the wd that is! Either you tough through it and just say to your girlfriend and family that you caught the flu or something, or you rapid taper and then use some lope or something but this will likely make the process slower just so you know! Maybe toughing through this is the best way to go so you get to burn your fingers a little just to make you feel even more determined to not do it again. Believe me, you DONT want to be coming here again, this life litterally sucks donkey ass. Wish you the best of luck m8!
You didn’t scare me don’t worry!

With loperamide, I’ve heard a lot of horror stories. Is 30mg a safe dose to take? I have 40mg of oxy that I’m probably gonna take in 2x 20mg doses tonight and then my pregabalin and diazepam should arrive tomorrow.

I think I will most likely experience w/d because I stayed at my gfs last night and started getting typical symptoms runny nose, belly ache, unsettled stomach etc. had to sneak into the toilet to do a small line :/

This sucks!

You didn’t scare me don’t worry!

With loperamide, I’ve heard a lot of horror stories. Is 30mg a safe dose to take? I have 40mg of oxy that I’m probably gonna take in 2x 20mg doses tonight and then my pregabalin and diazepam should arrive tomorrow.

I think I will most likely experience w/d because I stayed at my gfs last night and started getting typical symptoms runny nose, belly ache, unsettled stomach etc. had to sneak into the toilet to do a small line :/

This sucks!
Oh i see. Yeah i figured. As i said, either you take the hard way and say that youve got the flue or something or you make it as smooth as possible. Pregabalin does wonders for WD!

Would you say gabapentin is better than diazepam or should I get both?

yes, way better than diazepam. Benzos like diazepam help a little bit, but they don't block withdrawal at all, they just make you feel less anxious and more relaxed. gabapentin actually masks withdrawal to a substantial degree, in your case, probably all or most of the way. It's also less addictive than benzos, though it will cause its own dependence after taking it for too many days in a row. A week to 10 days in a row should not produce dependence. Diazepam is best left to help you sleep, it won't help all that much otherwise. In fact, I would only take a benzo if you're unable to sleep, you really don't want to get into a problem with benzos. They feel benign but they have the worst withdrawal of any drug class, opiate withdrawal is a pleasant Sunday stroll through the park in comparison.

Gabapentin is a strange drug in that it absorbs strangely. It works best if you dose 300mg every 30-45 minutes, and if you have fatty foods in your stomach. This is because it is absorbed by an amino acid transporter in the small intestine, and it is rate limited.

I would not use anything to treat your withdrawal. Congratulations!! on the law degree. If your getting some withdrawals during your celebration then I would just take an opiate to treat this and the come off as soon as your party is over, be careful

Thanks for your replies. I went into withdrawal yesterday lunchtime with typical flu like symptoms. Hot and cold, sweating, just generally uncomfortable. I took 16mg loperamide but this did not help. Had a super hard time sleeping but managed to in the end. Today I feel so much better. No flu like symptoms, just mild stomach discomfort and feeling restless.

Pregabalin has not arrived yet so just roughing it out. Although, I feel like I may have been lucky as i thought I’d still be feeling shit today since the whole standard 3 day w/d peak. It seems my naïveity to physical dependance and my relatively short use (12 days) have meant that my symptoms came and peaked on day 1.

Pregabalin is even better than gabapentin. I see no reason why you shouldn't use something to help you come off, if you've never been addicted to gabapentinoids before, you'll be able to dose it for a week straight without dependence issues. Just make sure you don't keep going. Going through withdrawal cold turkey is not good for you, the stress is unhealthy and it is more likely that you will relapse before you get through it.

16mg of loperamide is not very much, it is likely you just need more. However, be careful, as it, too, is an opioid, although usually people seem to be able to use it minimally without prolonging the withdrawal. It's also quite bad for you, although I have never read of any serious issues until 100mg+.

That said...

Today I feel so much better. No flu like symptoms, just mild stomach discomfort and feeling restless.

You should try to use the absolute minimum of comfort meds that you can. If you feel like you can make it from here on out, it would be best to avoid taking anything. But if you start to feel really bad and you think you're in danger of relapsing, take that pregabalin. Pregabalin should be all you need, and it absorbs easily, unlike gabapentin, so you can dose it like you normally would dose a drug. I'd start with 150mg if you haven't had it before, with the expectation that you will probably prefer 300mg, but you don't know whether you will be particularly sensitive to it. Also note that pregabalin will build tolerance FAST... the next day it will be less effective at the same dose. If you're like me, you'll actually probably feel amazing on your first dose of it. Tolerance to the euphoric effects builds very fast, but it will still help with withdrawal. It is quite possible you will really like it, so make sure you don't get yourself another problem.

Reactions: UAV
Pregabalin is even better than gabapentin. I see no reason why you shouldn't use something to help you come off, if you've never been addicted to gabapentinoids before, you'll be able to dose it for a week straight without dependence issues. Just make sure you don't keep going. Going through withdrawal cold turkey is not good for you, the stress is unhealthy and it is more likely that you will relapse before you get through it.

16mg of loperamide is not very much, it is likely you just need more. However, be careful, as it, too, is an opioid, although usually people seem to be able to use it minimally without prolonging the withdrawal. It's also quite bad for you, although I have never read of any serious issues until 100mg+.

That said...

You should try to use the absolute minimum of comfort meds that you can. If you feel like you can make it from here on out, it would be best to avoid taking anything. But if you start to feel really bad and you think you're in danger of relapsing, take that pregabalin. Pregabalin should be all you need, and it absorbs easily, unlike gabapentin, so you can dose it like you normally would dose a drug. I'd start with 150mg if you haven't had it before, with the expectation that you will probably prefer 300mg, but you don't know whether you will be particularly sensitive to it. Also note that pregabalin will build tolerance FAST... the next day it will be less effective at the same dose. If you're like me, you'll actually probably feel amazing on your first dose of it. Tolerance to the euphoric effects builds very fast, but it will still help with withdrawal. It is quite possible you will really like it, so make sure you don't get yourself another problem.
Happy to say that I’m cured! My pregablin arrived today and I took 1 x 300mg just to see what it’s like, hasn’t kicked in yet…
However I feel completely back to normal so only 2 days of symptoms!

Thanks for all your help! Xx