• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will i get addicted to codeine if just use it once?

Angelicka

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi i am 20 and smoke weed with my friends i have been to the pharmacy before and asked about cocodomal and found out i can get a box of 32 8/500 tablets my question is if I try them out just to experiment how likely am I to become addicted and how much should i take.

It's impossible to tell, some people take opiates once and hate them so they never use them again. Some people fall in love with them after the first use, i fall into the latter category. Just be aware that if you really like them then you are going to be at serious risk for addiction if you continue to use them with any frequency.

For your first time you should maybe only take 5 of those pills totaling 40mg of codeine and 2500mg of acetaminophen. You have to be very careful with this pills if you want to take anymore than that. These pills are potentially lethal when taken in quantities of 8 pills and up. The codeine (which is the smaller number in 8/500) in these pills is not the lethal ingredient, it's the acetaminophen (represents the 500 in 8/500).

Acetaminophen can be lethal in doses of 4000mg or more per day, some people can handle more, some people less. The way to get around this if you must take more pills is through a cold water extraction. Acetaminophen is not very soluble in cold water but codeine is very soluble, so basically you thoroughly dissolve the pills in cold water. Then filter out the solid gunk that's left floating around, keep the slightly cloudy water and toss out all the gunk that's left in the filter.

Don't take more than the box says that is 2 every 4-6 hours maximum 8 a day. They paracetamol is toxic in high doses and can a has killed people. The dosage of codeine is very low at 16mg per dose but with no tolerance it might give you a buzz.

In my opinion I would stay away from them as the paracetamol is very dangerous, there are ways to remove it but its quite a complicated process and not to be messed with unless you 100% know what you are doing.

The chance for addiction is low but there is a chance, you will get no physical withdrawal off 16mg codeine but you could be mentally addicted which is just as bad if not worse as all long term addictions are essentially mental imo.

You need to extract the codeine from the paracetamol. It's actually a very simple process and can be done in 5 minutes. This will allow you to take a decent dose that you can feel without the risk of liver damage.

Whether it's wise to do so is another matter. Although you won't get addicted from just one use, you might like it enough to want to do it again - and again - etc.

Last edited: