• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction will I get addicted ? Please help

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
I am currently taking upto 50mg oramorph per day for chronic pain use to be tramadol DHC and now this. I under no circumstances want to get addicted to this. Can anyone give me any advice like I don’t feel I need it or anything but I don’t want it to come to that. Or get withdrawals
It’s 10mg/5ml

please advice and give tips to reduce addiction

All I can say is take it exactly as prescribed, and I mean exactly! The good newa is that you'll reduce the chance of serious addiction but, and here comes the bad news, make no mistake, your body will become dependant on the drug. That's the deal! Best lf Luck!

If you're taking opioids daily for chronic pain, you're probably already dependent on them.

Doesn't make you a bad person, but that's just how opioids work. If you have a doctor who will supply you for the forseeable future and don't abuse/sell them, you have nothing to worry about.

if you're taking to manage pain, you'll become dependent. if you're taking to get high and manage pain, you could easily become addicted.

people say that addiction and dependence are different thing`s I call B/S it`s the same W/D`S are the same so to me they the same bruhh sorry u will get sick eventually we alll dooo

people say that addiction and dependence are different thing`s I call B/S it`s the same W/D`S are the same so to me they the same bruhh sorry u will get sick eventually we alll dooo

It took me a while to appreciate the difference between addiction and dependence. But addiction is when you're so in love with a drug that you cant stop taking it, whereas dependence means that you NEED that drug to function whether you want it or not. You can be addicted to a drug without being dependent, but you can also be dependent upon a drug which you have no desire to take ever again, but you just can't stop yourself...

It took me a while to appreciate the difference between addiction and dependence. But addiction is when you're so in love with a drug that you cant stop taking it, whereas dependence means that you NEED that drug to function whether you want it or not. You can be addicted to a drug without being dependent, but you can also be dependent upon a drug which you have no desire to take ever again, but you just can't stop yourself...
someone used sex as an example for me. no physical withdrawal but you do things you normally wouldn't to get it.

its in my grey area lol let`s just say

Daily use of opiates for more than 1-2 weeks (with no previous dependence issues) will result in physical dependence. However that does not necessarily mean it will result in addiction, which is an uncontrollable desire to take more. When you're done needing it, your doctor will probably (definitely should) reduce your dosage over a short period of time which will wean you down. You will probably feel uncomfortable for a short time after you're totally off but it will pass.