• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

will i experence alcohol wds?

ghost762

Greenlighter
to give a little background i have been drinking a 100 ozs of 8 percent beer for months cause i am 150 lbs i cant find anything else for any pain, so if i quit ct will i experience serious wd

This is a tough situation and hard to say if you will experience withdrawals. Have you ever tried to stop abruptly?

yes when i was drinking 5 percent beer it wast z problem mystate just legalized 8 precent in beer stores and grocery stores

That's almost 8 and a half beers a day at 8% for months, yeah your gonna feel some withdrawals possibly serious considering your weight to alcohol consumption

If you decide to quit, you should maybe call a doctor. If you can't just sit in your car or in the lot of a hospital if you have some problems you know whatever happens they'll be right there.

At 13 standard drinks a day for months everyday you will experience withdrawals if you quit ct and you may experience major withdrawals. So you can either taper like I did or go see a Dr. but dont go ct, this is very bad for your brain and will make future withdrawals way worse.

i will try and borrow some money and tapper.what i am drinking is 4 25 oz cans spread between 5 and 10 pm. if i can i will cut down a can ever 2 days is this long enough? if i cant get any money i will just go to the hospital. i dont want to disclose my main source of income on here but i dont do it anymore. i almost flat broke and on a note i am on 1200 mg of gabapentin and a ridiculous amount of lorazepam 8 mgs, will that help any?

I really dont think your going to break a habit in a moment have you tried just spacing them out more starting with a reasonable goal ie use a bac calc keep bac under 0.08 then under 0.06 then under 0.04 the reason i say this is you sound like part of you still really wants beer and it sounds like a major part of your life and i have family members who went from 24 to 0 for months now drinking 24.

8 mg of lorazepam is such a huge dose. that pill is cross-tolerant to alcohol. unless you're heavily tolerant i'd say 8mg of lorazepam will keep away alcohol withdrawal symptoms. you can use lorazepam to taper off alcohol. you really don't need to drink today if you're on 8mg of lorazepam.

The 8 mg lorazepam adds a different layer so it's possible you will be fine quitting CT. I think it would be wrong to suggest to mix benzos and alcohol at any time even in the context of an alcohol taper so my suggestion is to quit and if you start getting withdrawals then see a dr or take an extra mg of lorazepam as needed.

8 mg of lorazepam is such a huge dose. that pill is cross-tolerant to alcohol. unless you're heavily tolerant i'd say 8mg of lorazepam will keep away alcohol withdrawal symptoms. you can use lorazepam to taper off alcohol. you really don't need to drink today if you're on 8mg of lorazepam.
^ I agree with this post. OP, you didn't mention that you were also taking gabapentin and lorazepam in your opening. How much of these medications do you have left?

^ I agree with this post. OP, you didn't mention that you were also taking gabapentin and lorazepam in your opening. How much of these medications do you have left?
a half a months wroth at least of both, i uselessly only take 6 mgs of lorazepam a day cause it dosnt help my anxiety. ive asked my doc to switch me to clonazepam or diazapam and he wont. and i take 1200 mgs of gabapentin daily cause it helps me sleep. i could probally take 10 mg of lorazepam and be good till my refill. i have to go ct the next two days i am going five hours from home on saturday and idk if i can get alcohol will i am away

Go to a rehab/detox center, or at least visit a doctor and tell him or her how you are an alcoholic and want to stop drinking.

A lot of people have died attempting to detox from alcohol on their own with benzos.

Go to a rehab/detox center, or at least visit a doctor and tell him or her how you are an alcoholic and want to stop drinking.

A lot of people have died attempting to detox from alcohol on their own with benzos.
i wish it were that simple but ive already made a commiet to too ive allready paid to go.ineed to know if 10 mg loraze pam is enough to keep me from wding

Don't take 10 mgs at once that's a lot man , take it mg by mg maybe 2 mgs first and mg at a time following that.

Luckily alcohol is easily tapered and measured unlike street heroin lol , so maybe try cutting out 10 ounces of beer a day and once you hit 30-50 ounces add 1-2 mgs a day and slowly drop it rather than immediately jumping off alcohol. I'm no expert on alcohol I'm an opiate addict/ benzo but those are my thoughts on that.