Will I be reported to local authorities?

GodblessVTar15

Greenlighter
Hello, I've being browsing this site for years good info and opinions if you read for it.

Well I typed up a Nice essay in the introduction forum. Proof read, ponderer and deleted.

Here's my question! I f someone admits too active drug use. And they have children there not harming? Will they be reported? In my state they take addicts children even if there well taken care of.

It would be very difficult for any authority to link your account here to your identity. Introducing yourself in nmi under a username that reveals nothing and a safely kept password is really all you need to do.

Just be very vague on details about yourself like actual location, dont mention anyone elses real names and you should be fine to be specific about your drug use.

Talking about drug use and getting advice is fine and better for your own health than not.

If you have concerns you can pm your intro to the nmi mods and they can help you .

from the greenlighters guide:

Question: Can't the government raid the site and make arrests on anyone who posted that they have done/sold drugs? Would it be dangerous for me to post anything incriminating?

Answer: You can be arrested for past drug sales. That being said, they'd still have one hell of a time trying to get posts into evidence, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't watch you if you foolishly posted something about drug sales.

Please keep in mind that Bluelight is monitored by the police, media, government agencies, etc. Although there is no need to be constantly paranoid, you should always be careful of what you say, and always use common sense when posting. This means that you should absolutely not trust anyone, even moderators or administrators when you meet them just because they are a bluelighter mod/admin. I am constantly surprised about how much people are willing to disclose about themselves. When interacting on Bluelight, using common sense is always strongly urged. Here are some common sense points to remember!

• Do not buy drugs or sell drugs through Bluelight.
  • Do not ask for or provide drug sources or hookups.
  • Do not mention specific times or places where you plan to meet other Bluelighters. There is much less danger in talking about something after it has happened than when it is still being planned.
  • If you have a picture on here and announce that you will be at a particular event, understand that it won't take much effort for people to find you in a crowd.
  • Do not publicly announce which drugs you plan to bring to an event or a party. Never talk about what you are going to be consuming at a party; this gives probable cause for the party to be raided/shut down.
  • Do not post about any serious crimes you may have committed in the past.
  • Do not post about any serious crimes you may be committing in the future.
  • Do not reveal incriminating information about yourself to random strangers in a chat room.
  • Keep in mind that just like in real life, there are lots of freaks and weirdos on the internet who might be crazy or have bad intentions.
  • Protect your identity by creating a "drug-related" email address where you don't use your real name and location. Use this anonymous webmail account for all Bluelight-related contacts.
  • If you give out AIM/ICQ or homepage information, keep in mind to make your profiles and contact information as anonymous as your Bluelight identity. Remember when using Bluelight that this is a drug-related message board which deals with activities that are illegal. You'd think that was pretty obvious, but some people don't seem to be phased by that fact.
  • Please always be careful of what you put into your user profile. A lot of information can be obtained by simply searching for information based off of these. Adding a link in your profile to your personal website can also be an easy way for people to get information about you such as: your full name, address, phone number, or date of birth.
  • Do not incriminate yourself!
  • Be educated about the law. Drugs are illegal. The laws, policies, and punishments regarding these drugs vary from country to country, and being familiar with what is going on with law enforcement in your area is always a good idea!
Your security is through obscurity, not based on any technical precautions you take. If they want to get to you, they can. They just don’t want to get everyone that rolls at a rave. Of course, if you say something really dumb it might give them more reason to look for you.

And also keep in mind that Bluelighters have been raided in the past on several different continents. It has remained unclear whether or not this is because of Bluelight, but it is always good to remember that posting something foolish could give the authorities the deciding information to raid and arrest you.

Think before you post. Think of yourself, your friends, and your future. It is far better to err on the side of caution than to regret an arrogant/silly comment in the near future!

Note that Bluelight is currently available only over a regular (i.e. non-secure) HTTP connection. There's some background reading on HTTP vs. HTTPS here: Question: HTTP and HTTPS - What is the difference?. You need to decide for yourself whether that's a factor for your own security.

Bluelight is not here to help you obtain drugs. The administrators of Bluelight take drug dealing very seriously, if we have evidence that you are using Bluelight in this manner you will be banned. Individuals who create accounts to ask for drugs will be banned without hesitation. If people are using Bluelight in this way, it brings the attention of law enforcement/government and becomes a liability to the entire site.

Note that Bluelight staff will strictly enforce rules against buying/selling drugs, and will also try to delete your posts if they might incriminate you. We don't guarantee to do this, but we will try to do so for your own protection. You do not need to incriminate yourself in order to discuss drugs.

alasdair