• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Will I be able to roll?

Freshmanx17

Bluelighter
Hi guys, so I wanna roll on memorial day weekend for my 19th birthday and I havent rolled since october (only rolled 6 times - light user). The problem is I was on an ssri sertraline for three months and I just stopped taking them today after a two week taper (my anxiety and depression was situational and I took care of it). Will I have a full roll if I take a normal dose of MDMA two weeks from tomorrow? Or do I have to wait longer? Jw cuz I was only on it for three months and I was on the lowest dose (50mg). Thanks!

I don't know tbh. 3 months is a reasonable amount of time on an SSRI, and may still block the MDMA. I'd say it would probably take longer, but in reality I don't know.

I would imagine after 2 weeks it will be out of your system. You can check the half-life of sertraline to get a better idea. Maybe take a normal dose of MDMA but have a little more on hand in case you need a higher dose.

I would imagine after 2 weeks it will be out of your system. You can check the half-life of sertraline to get a better idea. Maybe take a normal dose of MDMA but have a little more on hand in case you need a higher dose.

I think it goes a little deeper than simply the half-life of the drug though. SSRI's can cause long-term manipulations to serotonin that can block MDMA from working even after the drug is well out of your system.

Yea I think I may just try it also because out of the three months, the first week was only 25mg and the last two weeks were 25mg then 12.5 mg and actually my birthday is 16 days from when I stopped so I think maybe because only a little more than two months was on an actual therapeutic dose maybe I'll be good. What ya think? Also, the only negative effect would it not working fully right? I don't think that I will cause serotonin syndrome after being off the drug for over two weeks I think

Yea I think I may just try it also because out of the three months, the first week was only 25mg and the last two weeks were 25mg then 12.5 mg and actually my birthday is 16 days from when I stopped so I think maybe because only a little more than two months was on an actual therapeutic dose maybe I'll be good. What ya think? Also, the only negative effect would it not working fully right? I don't think that I will cause serotonin syndrome after being off the drug for over two weeks I think

Main issue is just not experiencing much yeah. Serotonin syndrome is not gunna happen.

2 weeks is actually enough but like said above, 3 month period taking SSRIs daily might still impact your roll, but not "too much" I guess.

Just slightly increase your dosage (about 50mg), this should do it.
Or just wait longer if you can, it's your choice...

I've heard reports of people needing long breaks (year) to get back to rolling after SSRIs. I suppose the only harm is that you'll have a disappointing experience when everybody else is having amazing times.

One experiment you might try that will also not hurt, and might possibly help, is to take 2400 to 4800 mg of piracetam about 2 hours pre administration. Piracetam is a nonspecific potentiator of many substances, most likely including MDMA. This may help without increasing your dose, which makes some people feel activated without the roll effect. It's safe, inexpensive and effective.

Cos

i was on Fluoxetine for a few months and even after being near 2 months off of it, i had only a little roll, so yeah, just like was said, the worst that could happen is you take it and not feel it

also what would be the explanation behind piracetam potentiation? that made me kinda curious

Sertraline has a half-life of about 24hrs and has an active metabolite that's got a half-life of 66hrs. Rule of thumb is that you need 4 half-lifes to virtually get every bit of the drug out of your system. So after not taking a dose in 11 days it'll be virtually out of your system. Not sure if 14 days is enough to get the full effects out of the MDMA, but you'll likely at least feel SOMETHING.

Sertraline has a half-life of about 24hrs and has an active metabolite that's got a half-life of 66hrs. Rule of thumb is that you need 4 half-lifes to virtually get every bit of the drug out of your system. So after not taking a dose in 11 days it'll be virtually out of your system. Not sure if 14 days is enough to get the full effects out of the MDMA, but you'll likely at least feel SOMETHING.

Thanks for looking that up, St3ve. I suspect that the four half lives are only part of the picture. It may have caused a downregulation of receptors. That could add to the time associated, but I don't know.

Cos

Thanks guys. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I definitely feel emotions back as I felt a little flatlined, there are some points during the day where I feel kinda like sponge brain but other than that withdrawals been smooth sailing and I have a very fast metabolism so idk if that'll affect anything.

Yes, feeling dulled out is a common effect from SSRIs. I wish you a speedy recovery. And when you choose to partake, I hope you enjoy the miracle that is MDMA.

Cos