• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will Heroin keep away oxy withdrawals? Scared right now...

Harmredux

Bluelighter
I am going to be short about 10 days from a large oprescribed oxy script and was planning on getting about 25 packets, never did this before, will it keep me out of withdrawals until I can fill me script?

Is kratom available in your area? Try that before you go for heroin.

Heroin will keep you out of withdrawals but just know that a large percentage of what is sold as heroin is now fentanyl.

I would highly recommend attempting to use kratom first, but if you absolutely have to use heroin then the safest and most consistent way is to dissolve it in water and use volumetric dosing. Volumetric dosing, if done correctly, will allow you to keep your dosage constant which will allow you to keep yourself out of withdrawals without risking an overdose.

kratom even opms kratom won't keep wd away.
What do I do after water? I am not putting this in a needle and up the bum is too much work. I was thinking tiny bump, wait 20 mins, repeat. Wait till I get sick.
I have enough to take 1 long acting oxy in the morning and just do enough at night of this other stuff to be able to sleep. Not looking to get high.

Volumetric dosing is when you weigh out how much powder/material you have, measure out a certain amount of water and fully dissolve the powder into the water. Since you measured out the quantity of water, and the dissolved drugs are now evenly distributed into the water, you can now take let's say 10ml of that solution and it should contain the same amount of drug as any other 10ml sample of that water.

Fentanyl and even real heroin for that matter are very potent and there could be a lot of variability between bags, even from the same dealer/batch. The OD risk with fentanyl is very high and seeing as you're just trying to keep withdrawals away I highly recommend you use volumetric dosing. That being said, if you choose to get high with the heroin volumetric dosing also allows you to more accurately scale up your doses. It's not a full proof method for preventing OD but it'll certainly lessen the chance of you accidentally taking more than you intended.

No, you definitely shouldn't shoot it and i'm not suggesting plugging but you could do that if you really wanted. I'd recommend taking the solution orally, it'll keep you out of withdrawals longer than snorting and the solution doesn't lend itself very well to snorting anyway.

Last edited:
And these were the days before you lost the rest of your life....

How would you explain what's driving the kinda logic you are using to formulate plans like this one? Once the circuitry in your brain gets a taste of that heroin your reasoning abilities will kick into overdrive and start kicking any logic out for good. Looks like ya over half way there now. You better slow down cause ya fixing to have a bad wreck.

I think you already know the answer. I think your sub conscious even knows what you need to do cause its alike you are arguing with yourself in between each sentence.

You rule out kratom and OP's right off the bat....then but noooo needle and not up the butt....then you're trying to convince yourself you are still in control by throwing out how its too much work...like you aint desperate so ya must be still on the right track...but yet doing all of this wasnt...then bump..20 mins...repeat....then just enough for the night....but not looking to get high

Theres two ways you can take what all I just said...

either I am just full of shit....because drugs screwed up my life...

Or I know exactly what I am talking about....be cause drugs screwed up my life

Either way ...same conclusion...heroins a bad move bruh

You came to a harm reduction site. They have gave ya great harm reduction advice. But I dont think that's really what ya looking for. I think your wanting justification. I am not giving it to you

Bad boys....bad boys...whatcha gonna do....whatcha gonna do when they come for you

Sorry...my bad...Thats was my sub conscious talking

Last edited:
I am going to be short about 10 days from a large oprescribed oxy script and was planning on getting about 25 packets, never did this before, will it keep me out of withdrawals until I can fill me script?
For me it’ll be hard to go back to taking oxy as prescribed after 10 days of heroin, I would think you’ll be even shorter next month.

I feel for you. I truly do. I was in that scenario more times than I wish to remember. In short, yes, Heroin will keep you well. I hope they don't drug test you and that ends up nessing with your script. That would be my main concern, other than losing control of everything.

@Harmredux you can always waterline. Dissolve the powder into water and squirt up your nose. I wouldn't do this too early though as real heroin will turn back to morphine via hydrolysis which will reduce potency. Takes about 10-12 hours iirc

Also, OPMs black kratom extract pills are a lot stronger then I think most people realize, there is 148mg in every pill, I can take 2 pills comming off a pretty decent heroin habit and be fine for the most part…still have tiny bit of anxiety and maybe some watery eyes but that’s gettin off easy if you ask me…try 2 opms black….

Thanks for making me stop fooling myself. I am taking it slow, used just enough not to be sick and didn't take oxy today. I have about 10 days to go. My plan is to use as little as possible and for the last 5 days just use oxy so there won't be any issues with urine. I have Covid right now so not able to get to work. No wd right now from taking zero oxy today. I feel OK.
Once I get my scripts refilled, I am NEVER going to put myself in this situation again. The funny thing is that I am so scared right now that I think it will break my usual med habit and though my pain is horrible, I would rather be in pain than ever do this again.
So the plan is now that I know the stuff is legit (guy that got it says he specifically looks for quality over price), if I can keep it to 1 spot a day then in 5 days from now I can go back to my meds and leave the other stuff behind. As soon as I have my script this shit is going down the toilet.
I don't want to get high, just not be sick. It is OK for pain but not as good as regular meds. I should be thankful because I have major ptsd from a bad wd years ago that I didn't sleep for 3 weeks, not one wink. Days seemed like entire weekends just full of extreme anxiety, pain, self hatred, verge of a nervous breakdown.
I see now that pain is better. My problem is that when in pain my BP skyrockets along with pulse and arrhythmia. Kratom didn't work and I would rather die than do subox again, I used it for about 2 weeks and it was awful.

So now I just wait and try to take care of myself best I can with being sick from Covid and when I get refilled, I pray that I will have no problem with refills, then this was a real wake up call about what happens when "just one extra today because it hurts so bad" turns into doing that several times a week and being short.

Thank you God and my guardian angels for this possible chance to change. Please pray for me that I can get through the next 10 or 12 days and test clean and get reauthorized and never ever let this happen again. I feel like such a piece of shit. I pray for another chance and the willpower to make these changes.
I am grateful for all of you, this is so stressful and awful. I swear I learned my lesson, I swear I will not monkey around like this again.

You cannot use Volumetric dosing with Heroin(diamorphine) because, in a couple hours it will convert back into Morphine because it (de)acetate in water

I think you resolved this issue though, in the future, small bumps are safe

DHood Luck
Volumetric dosing is when you weigh out how much powder/material you have, measure out a certain amount of water and fully dissolve the powder into the water. Since you measured out the quantity of water, and the dissolved drugs are now evenly distributed into the water, you can now take let's say 10ml of that solution and it should contain the same amount of drug as any other 10ml sample of that water.

Fentanyl and even real heroin for that matter are very potent and there could be a lot of variability between bags, even from the same dealer/batch. The OD risk with fentanyl is very high and seeing as you're just trying to keep withdrawals away I highly recommend you use volumetric dosing. That being said, if you choose to get high with the heroin volumetric dosing also allows you to more accurately scale up your doses. It's not a full proof method for preventing OD but it'll certainly lessen the chance of you accidentally taking more than you intended.

No, you definitely shouldn't shoot it and i'm not suggesting plugging but you could do that if you really wanted. I'd recommend taking the solution orally, it'll keep you out of withdrawals longer than snorting and the solution doesn't lend itself very well to snorting anyway.

Thanks for making me stop fooling myself. I am taking it slow, used just enough not to be sick and didn't take oxy today. I have about 10 days to go. My plan is to use as little as possible and for the last 5 days just use oxy so there won't be any issues with urine. I have Covid right now so not able to get to work. No wd right now from taking zero oxy today. I feel OK.
Once I get my scripts refilled, I am NEVER going to put myself in this situation again. The funny thing is that I am so scared right now that I think it will break my usual med habit and though my pain is horrible, I would rather be in pain than ever do this again.
So the plan is now that I know the stuff is legit (guy that got it says he specifically looks for quality over price), if I can keep it to 1 spot a day then in 5 days from now I can go back to my meds and leave the other stuff behind. As soon as I have my script this shit is going down the toilet.
I don't want to get high, just not be sick. It is OK for pain but not as good as regular meds. I should be thankful because I have major ptsd from a bad wd years ago that I didn't sleep for 3 weeks, not one wink. Days seemed like entire weekends just full of extreme anxiety, pain, self hatred, verge of a nervous breakdown.
I see now that pain is better. My problem is that when in pain my BP skyrockets along with pulse and arrhythmia. Kratom didn't work and I would rather die than do subox again, I used it for about 2 weeks and it was awful.

So now I just wait and try to take care of myself best I can with being sick from Covid and when I get refilled, I pray that I will have no problem with refills, then this was a real wake up call about what happens when "just one extra today because it hurts so bad" turns into doing that several times a week and being short.

Thank you God and my guardian angels for this possible chance to change. Please pray for me that I can get through the next 10 or 12 days and test clean and get reauthorized and never ever let this happen again. I feel like such a piece of shit. I pray for another chance and the willpower to make these changes.
I am grateful for all of you, this is so stressful and awful. I swear I learned my lesson, I swear I will not monkey around like this again.
where do you live? apparently there exists a legal opioid O-DSMT (tramadol variant), perhaps you could look into that? just do your research first, I am not sure how safe it is, I am waiting for 2 pills and will make a trip report for the forum, but either way if you used only for the purpose of suppressing WDs, hopefully the seizure risk is not too high. I'd say it is safer than heroin, and since it is an RC maybe it does not show up in drug tests?

High dose loperamide has worked for me (72mg) but is not safe. You can try however the maximum safe dosage, 16mg, perhaps even that could help!

Hey @Harmredux :)

It would seem you're relatively new to this, so as others have done, I'm not going to weigh you down with a ton of superfluous information. What you consider to be a "prescription painkiller" is invariably an Opioid Receptor Agonist or Opioid for short. Any Opioid Agonist can substitute for another in what is known as "cross-tolerance". Of course, Oxycodone is not Hydrocodone, so the cross-tolerance is never perfect, but you could aslo call the differences between Opioids to be subtle. As Opioid users, we all have preferences. My favorite is Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) over Heroin any day.

"Heroin" as it is called today is not what Heroin was 8-10 years ago, when the majority of dope on the street was either Heroin/Morphine or some rough combination of the two. Purity was really the only significant variable worth considering. Now there are myriad Opioids out there on the street and they're all still referred to as "Heroin" although Heroin is a specific drug, Diacetylmorphine.

These days you're likely to get Fentanyl or some Fentanyl analog. It's more dangerous for pretty simple reasons. The higher potency of Fentanyl would require more expensive measuring equipment to measure accurately. Considering dealers typically use a spoon to fill their bags by eyeball, this can be a problem. Some times they get it right and sometimes they don't. I am not sure off the top of my head whether Fentanyl is more dangerous than Morphine in an apples to apples comparison, but not that I'm aware of. The major issue is simply being able to measure the Fentanyl out, which is why people overdose. In my day, the potency of Heroin fluctuated, of course, but it was never like a sudden 10x increase in potency overnight for no explicable reason and this sort of thing often happens with Fentanyl on the street, as common sense would predict.

You can use Heroin to keep your Oxycodone withdrawals at bay, but you need to start with a very small dosage here to test the waters. I wouldn't do more than a quarter of a ticket, just to be sure. You can then increase using this dosage as a benchmark. Also, if you're going to be taking a drug test when you go for your prescription, make sure you stop using illicit Opioids several days beforehand otherwise you're gonna be a permanent user of Heroin.