Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Will cocaine effect seretonin build-up?

Ganj

Bluelighter
Hi all
A few months ago I was doing a lot of MDMA and a lot of mephedrone very often, I have been on a large break from all stimulants and want to wait a solid amount of time (At least 4 months) before doing MDMA again and this time giving the drug the respect it deserves. In the meantime I was wondering if occasional cocaine use is going to shortcut the build up required to give MDMA its edge back? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I am not an MDMA expert by any means, but from my limited knowledge I can discourage mixing MDMA and cocaine if you want to stay safe. Cocaine prevents the re-uptake and enhances release of both dopamine and serotonin whereas MDMA just releases both intensely, if I am not wrong. If you will also be drinking, cocaine forms cocaethylene, a more intense and cardiotoxic substance, so keep that in mind. From your post though it seems you are an occasional cocaine user. I doubt that sporadic coke use would influence MDMA if you don't do it on the same day.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it probably will a bit. Cocaine prevents the reuptake of serotonin as well as dopamine and norepinephrine. This would mean that you would have a reasonable deficiency in serotonin after use. Shouldn't impact your recovery to much as long as you don't do too much, too often.

I appreciate the info, I guess ill completely wait, would like to see how salvageable the experience is after mild abuse:)