• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

will ativan taken at 6am block 3 hits of LSD 12 hrs later?

thedawn

Bluelighter
good morning, travelers, I took 2 Ativan. a benzo, early 6 am. Benzo's can block the effect of LSD.
I looked it up and Ativan has a 12hr halflife, but stays 2days in your body.

Will taking 3 hits of acid at 7pm, tonight, be a waste because i have benzo in my system?
Or will it be fine?

Thanks in advance for advice.
thedawn

Youll feel trippy still but a little less intense then you would expect. I would advise not to trip after having already been awake for 1w hours.

Safe travels

thanks guys, yeah better wait till tomorrow morning. can watch the sun set.

You're going to have to leave it about a week after your last dose of ativan before you take the acid if you don't want it to interfere with your trip. Benzos linger in your body far longer than you can feel them. At best it will dull your trip. At worst, you will black out and do shit you cant remember.

^That is accurate. Even xanax has killed some of my trips a few days later and that’s shorter acting than Ativan

Blacking out i did when i was addicted to coke and opiates, a long time ago, to do that now would be the worst.
I have family, responsibilities,,,,,oh well, it's gonna have to wait

I'm on a medically advised benzo taper, they've got me taking klonopin daily. I tripped last week for the first time in 6 years, and it was great. Sure, the klon probably dulled the trip, but for someone like me with such bad anxiety, it was probably for the best. Still had amazing visuals and shift of thought

You're going to have to leave it about a week after your last dose of ativan before you take the acid if you don't want it to interfere with your trip. Benzos linger in your body far longer than you can feel them. At best it will dull your trip. At worst, you will black out and do shit you cant remember.

Ativan (lorazepam) is a relatively short-lived benzo, though, so a week is kind of excessive.

What your body does to eliminate drugs from its system is to render them more hydrophilic, i.e. willing to dissolve in water (more specifically urine in this case).
This can often be achieved most quickly by attaching an extremely hydrophilic glucuronic acid residue to the compound in question.

The problem is that with diazepam, nordazepam, and its respective prodrugs, there is nowhere for your body to attach the glucuronic acid to, until a part of the molecule has been oxidized by your liver enzymes - which takes a good while.

Lorazepam on the other hand is "pre-oxidized" (if you will), and so the body can start attaching that glucuronic acid right away, drastically decreasing the half-life.

Y'all are blowing this lorazepam out of proportion... I begin every trip by preloading with 2mg clonazepam, 1mg alprazoloam, or 2mg etizolam. I took 750ug and 2mg kpin concurrently a week ago and it was one of the strongest trips of my life. Opioids are much more trip blunting IMO, with SSRIs and anti-psychotics taking the cake there.

Only take some form of sedative while on a Psychedelic if you are struggling, know your limits (for both Benzo or Antipsych AND LSD) ALSO do a lot of meditation prior to taking any Psychedelic :)

opiates for myself really potentiated my acid trips.

For OP benzos or z-drugs like ambien will remove anxiety and take away from the headspace usually but visually everything will still be intense.

I have exited a psychotic 500 ug trip mixed with heavy amount of weed with during the peak with anti psychotics. After i had a short psychotic break that my sitter handled perfectly and kept me safe. Exiting a trip should only ever be a last restort. The pain felt during a heavy dose as the antipsychotics and the LSD fight for control over your mind and body its insane and will be a living hell for hours but totally sedated paralyzed til eventually the LSD runs its course and you fall asleep. This is why benzos is usually better for non psychotic patients as its easier on them.