• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Will Adivan help me when I’m detoxing

Mimic951

Bluelighter
I’m going into a detox center soon and they said their gonna give me Adivan to help me feel comfortable and some other meds to help with nausea and other things. But my main concern is the leg cramps and inability to sleep due to it. Will the Adivan help relieve these things or should I expect to go threw hell like if I was gonna cold turkey it? I was on 100mg of methadone for years and got myself off of it using heroin and now I’m gonna get off this stuff. The kick off of methadone was sooooo bad!! I couldn’t sleep for, I’m not joking, close to a month or a lil more. And I remember when I kicked off heroin it was about a week or so. I’m doing about 2 grams a day either muscling it when I can or smoking it, but mainly muscled.

You shoot heroin into your muscle??? Wtf that's so bad...n by aditvan you mean Ativan n to me it's the most useless benzo avaliable although it's stronger than Valium I don't even get high off 20 mg of ativan

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_231203_289.jpg
    IMG_20191114_231203_289.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 2
Gabapentin would be more effective for the RLS and leg cramps in my opinion than ativan. If you were able to receive that and the ativan then it would be a God send and it would significantly help with your sleep issues, especially in adjunct with ibprofin or another NSAID.

Gabapentin would be more effective for the RLS and leg cramps in my opinion than ativan. If you were able to receive that and the ativan then it would be a God send and it would significantly help with your sleep issues, especially in adjunct with ibprofin or another NSAID.
Thank you sooo much!! That helps to ease my anxiety a lot.

You shoot heroin into your muscle??? Wtf that's so bad...n by aditvan you mean Ativan n to me it's the most useless benzo avaliable although it's stronger than Valium I don't even get high off 20 mg of ativan
I’m not trying to GET HIGH?! I’m trying to STOP THIS SHIT!! And I know what muscling does to a person but I have no choice when I can’t get well enough to sleep by just smoking it. I’ve done the whole plugging thing with this stuff and it worked ok but I always end up having to shit it out within a hour or so after, so I feel like I’m wasting it when I should just smoke it. Like I said IM TIRED OF THIS LIFE AND WAT TO GET CLEAN!! I’m going into a detox center in about 3 weeks and just wanted some info and opinions on what I should do and ask for as far as meds. Then when each center tells me what they plan on giving I’ll know what place to chose.

Gabapentin is useless use Lyrica instead much better for all your symthoms
This is what I’m talking about. One addict/person says that one thing is good then another says it’s not and to do another one and so on and so on. I’m get so confused and frustrated especially when I go to a dr and they say something different. It’s like WTF who do I listen to and who do I believe. This is another reason why I’m so tired of this life style.

Without tolerance I actually find gabapentin to be more effective than lyrica, as Lyrica actually makes me fell physically uncomfortable sometimes and gabapentin causes less tension and anxiety , which I actually do experience with Lyrica sometimes, especially while withdrawing.

Unfortunately the OP will be in rehab and isn't likely to have control over their medication protocol. One would probably want more gabapentin than a rehab would be willing to provide for comfort.

Lyrica is a prodrug for gabapentin, which means the body metabolizes it into gabapentin and it is hypothetically and subjectively stronger but it really feels like a completely different drug.

I liyterally find no relief from gaba n are you referring to doses exceeding 200mg at once im referring to 100-150mg 3x a day I know what your talking about though n whatever you do don't drink on it

Without tolerance I actually find gabapentin to be more effective than lyrica, as Lyrica actually makes me fell physically uncomfortable sometimes and gabapentin causes less tension and anxiety , which I actually do experience with Lyrica sometimes, especially while withdrawing.

Unfortunately the OP will be in rehab and isn't likely to have control over their medication protocol. One would probably want more gabapentin than a rehab would be willing to provide for comfort.

Lyrica is a prodrug for gabapentin, which means the body metabolizes it into gabapentin and it is hypothetically and subjectively stronger but it really feels like a completely different drug.

This is what I’m talking about. One addict/person says that one thing is good then another says it’s not and to do another one and so on and so on. I’m get so confused and frustrated especially when I go to a dr and they say something different. It’s like WTF who do I listen to and who do I believe. This is another reason why I’m so tired of this life style.

Think of it like this Lyrica is the mother chemical to gaba it's slightly stronger and as you can take 3,000mg if gaba but 600mg is Max for Lyrica high doses (300-600) at once at good for withdrawal

I liyterally find no relief from gaba n are you referring to doses exceeding 200mg at once im referring to 100-150mg 3x a day I know what your talking about though n whatever you do don't drink on it
I already take gabapentin for my seizures I take about 400mg a day so the detox center will have to give me that anyways. But they also said Adivan would be the most helpful. Can you give me a basic list of what I should ask them for or if they will give it.

All they will give you at a detox facility is avitvan and over the counter stuff
But if you see a doctor outside I'd say ask for Klonopin Xanax or Valium I'd also ask for Seroquel or doxepin for sleep
N ghen if I were I'd look up where to get the vivatrol shot for free

The reason I can’t get lyrica is cause my insurance won’t cover it. But like I said I already get gabapentin and take 600mg 3 times day I thought I took less but I just checked.

It’s like ever since I was little kid I could never do things in moderation. I always have to above and beyond what my body can take. And I don’t even think about the consequences! I praying I can do it this time. My mom is my caretaker and she’s almost 70!! I should be taking care of her but I’m spending my whole disability check on this stuff and sometimes she even has to give me extra! I just don’t want her to die knowing I’m still a on this stuff😖

Ask for a benzo other than ativan. It sucks.

Tell them you had tried ativan in the past and it was not effective. Ativan, unless administered intravenously, isn't great.

Hopefully they'll give you diazepam or some other more effective benzo.

Either way a benzo will help a little.

Let us know how it goes.

I was on 380mg/day of methadone years ago and tapered myself off without my clinics knowledge. I dropped off at 5mg and was surprised how bad the withdrawal but was able to stay off more or less. This means that yes, i stockpiled a few thousand 10mg methadose pills in the process, which a few years later I got minorly readdicted to. Ive developed a few lowish level opioid addictions (poppy pods, tramadol) since then but have been able to largely avoid serious addiction.

As others said IM H that you get on the street is very risky practice that will eventually cause serious health issues.

Ativan is great for opiate withdrawal if it's intravenous because on the top of standard benzodiazepine effects, it's also an antiemetic. I know people who got through heroin withdrawal very comfortably just with IV Ativan and Clonidine at a hospital.

I agree with others regarding the choice of benzodiazepine. Lorazepam, unless it's IV, seems like a poor choice but definitely better than nothing. I also think that Alprazolam isn't a great choice for a long opiate withdrawal because it's very effective for a very short period of time so you need to dose very often which clinics/ hospitals generally won't let you.

A long acting potent benzodiazepine is the way to go. Clonazepam and Diazepam are good but I would choose Clonazepam because it's as potent as Alprazolam and it has much longer half life. Diazepam is great, especially the very long half life and the effectiveness of muscle relaxant properties but it's not as strong as Clonazepam or Alprazolam. If you could get Clonazepam and as an addition Alprazolam in order to just knock you out, it would be wonderful but seems hard to get.

I'm sure that they will give you Clonidine which will help with most of the symptoms, especially the hot/ cold flashes and not being able to stand still. If they don't give it, definitely ask for it. It will make it much better. They don't have a problem giving it because it's not a narcotic so don't hold yourself back.

Nausea is a big issue which Ondansetron (Zofran) is great for. They have an intravenous preparation as well as the oral one. If you stay at a hospital, ask for the IV. It's much faster and you don't have to worry about vomiting it out.

For RLS, as mentioned earlier, Gabapentin & Pregabalin seem like the best medications. Clonidine and benzodiazepines help it but not really stop it like high dose Gaba/Pregaba.

Hydroxyzine is a good antihistamine that has antiemetic and muscle relaxing effects. It also potentiates all the other depressants that you will use.

Good luck, I hope that you solve this problem.