• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Will Adderall in the days leading to a Roll ruin it?

SantiGabanti

Greenlighter
I just bought 10 25mg adderall XR off a friend today because she usually sells me them for cheap...sometimes $[snip] per 25mg pill, but I started giving her $[snip] each.

Anyways I'm really behind in schoolwork, housework, school art projects and art projects of my own...so I was gonna have an adderall powered week XD

The thing is though, my friends also brought up the prospect of doing caps this friday.

I really want to do them again, I've only done them once before(at the end of november....I did three if that any help, probably not though since I can't give you a good idea on what kind of caps they were...my friends I took them with Had done caps a lot before though and they said they were really good)
I plan on taking 4-5, probably 4...three while I'm out and one when I go home(if were having a good ol' fashion caps sleepover haha, if not I might save the extra one)

Anyways I'm just wondering If taking the adderall all week prior to Friday will make my roll weaker or bad?
Because pretty much the same hormones are released with adderall and MDMA
So will taking the adderall all week and "using up" all my transmitters make my caps high anti-climatic?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot and the answer is actually common knowledge or something.

Cause even though I'm in to drugs I'm FAR from an expert and can't really offer up a lot of knowledge on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know adderall primarily works off dopamine receptors, so being as MDMA works with serotonin it shouldn't affect your roll at all.

As far as I know adderall primarily works off dopamine receptors, so being as MDMA works with serotonin it shouldn't affect your roll at all.

^^What he said.

To be more specific though, amphetamines work on DAT (dopamine active transporter) and MDMA works in a similar way, as a serotonin releasing agent.

Just because the MA in MDMA stands for methamphetamine, doesn't make it only a psycho-stimulant. If anything MDA has features more closely related to amphetamines, albeit with more psychedelic effects.

Personally I'd wait in between different stimulant classes of drugs. It would burn me out. That's not to say that using adderal will diminish MDMA's features, I'm not saying it won't or will, I just don't know.

Ya dude, trust SWIM because SWIM has been on adderall his whole life, and he has rolled before and can tell you it won't ruin it at all. Prozac and other SSRIs are what you've gotta watch out for.

Basically everything that has been said above. Hope you have a good roll :)

Ya dude, trust SWIM because SWIM has been on adderall his whole life, and he has rolled before and can tell you it won't ruin it at all. Prozac and other SSRIs are what you've gotta watch out for.

No need to use SWIM here. It wont protect you in anyway, gets too repetitive, and it just leads to confusion.

Alot of MDMAs affects actually come from dopamine and noradrenaline agonism.. there will be some cross tolerance.. albeit small.

No need to use SWIM here. It wont protect you in anyway, gets too repetitive, and it just leads to confusion.

Yeah, if you were going to be prosecuted (not going to happen, hypothetical) you'd be known as the guy with the alias of SWIM. :)

FYI, here's a quote from an Erowid trip report titled "Terrible Fuckin Time":
Moral of the story: in my opinion don't ever EVER mix Adderall and ecstasy, no matter how much of a hardass you think you are; these two drugs do not complement each other.

There's no science in there, nor does it consider bad quality tabs, but it might be worth considering. Also note that that trip report is dosing ecstasy with adderall, rather than simply having done it in prior days (where, if there was an effect at all, it would likely be lessened).

My mate had a wicked time on MDMA and amphetamine but the crash was HARSH.

I've done both at the same time. I prefer the mix to either drug alone. But yeah the crash can be harsh..

Yes, if you take adderall before rolling, it WILL fuck up the roll. Made that mistake many times, don't take amphetamine / adderall before rolling, preferably at least a few weeks. It does affect it, and makes the roll suck. I've also taken adderall during a roll, and it made the roll worse. So if you take adderall all week, then pop your E on the weekend, don't expect an amazing roll. You'll feel something, but nothing special.

it will. I didn't think so at first and after reading the forums, but after rolling now after being on adderall for almost a year I can say from personal experience that it definitely does; for me at least.

you will get the"rolling" feeling but the blowing up is much more subtle. it has become more of a speedy body roll than mental, and I'm still using the same batch of pokes from a year ago.

They do actually have a cross-tolerance and it will diminish your roll. It won't destroy it though.

Took a 20mg Adderall and 300mg MDMA at a Deadmau5 show last year. Incredibly speedy, and I was awake until 9AM. Won't ever be mixing the two again :)

IME, it does have a negative effect on the roll.
I usually stop taking mine a couple days before I'm going to roll.

Yes, if you take adderall before rolling, it WILL fuck up the roll. Made that mistake many times, don't take amphetamine / adderall before rolling, preferably at least a few weeks. It does affect it, and makes the roll suck. I've also taken adderall during a roll, and it made the roll worse. So if you take adderall all week, then pop your E on the weekend, don't expect an amazing roll. You'll feel something, but nothing special.

^thisthisthisthisthis.
i did it last week, Adderall on tuesday, then MDMA on friday.
it felt like my body/mind wanted to roll but it couldnt. and all my friends were faced off the same pills.
live and learn i guess :\

Every individual is different, but a year or so back I took 30mg of Adderall to get caught up in some of my classes, and decided to reward myself that night with some bezels. Took 4, and felt what would probably be equivalent to taking .5 of one. Adderall will without a doubt diminish almost all effects of the MDxx. You should definately abstain from it for atleast 10 days before your roll.

I take adderall during the weekdays (Mon-Thurs) and occasionally roll on the weekends. I find that although it doesn't seem to effect my roll, it does effect my comedown. I now get terrible comedowns that have me feeling like shit for two days after my roll. It's difficult, because I need the adderall to help me focus on my work, but I'd also like to enjoy myself on the weekends without feeling awful afterwards.

I've been taking adderall on and off 9 years, it never affected my roll. To anyone that says it does, I suggest they might be rolling too often and may need a break. *ahem* Fyasko... ;)

I suppose everyone's different. It may also be your mindset. I never once expected the adderall to ruin my roll. Ever. And it never has :)