View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will acetic acid ruin LSD?

Johnny Summers

Greenlighter
I have two sugar cubes with LSD in them that i need to dissolve in water for microdosing. People have told me to use alcohol in addition for preservation. I dont want to mix it with alcohol. im very sensitive to alcohol and even the smallest amounts bum me out.

Will acetic acid do the trick? Its just an acid just like the LSD, i dont see how it could do any harm. Unless it somehow can ruin the LSD molecule. I dont see how an acid can ruin an acid. They dont even exchange the H+ ion. Anybody know anything?

I think it should be ok, but not really sure, my chemistry isn't that hot. You could test it out by dissolving one of your cubes and seeing if it's fine after. If it does react and degrade the LSD somehow, you'd know fairly quickly.

Im not up much on my chemistry either .. but isnt LSD basic, not acidic?

Thoughts on using bacteriostatic water? Though it does have 0.9% benzyl alcohol and Im uncertain if its ok for oral dosing. From my understanding its made to keep solutions sterile for iv/im/subq

You can use distilled or filtered water. It works. Also keep in mind that dealers both online on the dark web, and in person do not know the completely accurate dosage or mics/ug of LSD. Only a lab test can verify this.

Just use distilled water and keep the solutions as cold as feasible without visible ice formation. Remember that sugar water is a good food source for all sorts of stuff from bacteria to moulds to yeasts to insects. It actually would be a better idea to store the sugar cubes dry if you plan to store them for more than a week or two.

Bacteriostatic water is acceptable. Benzyl alcohol is not going to kill you though it has a notable taste. (benzyl alcohol is used in flavor&fragrances) and will help restrict bacterial growth.

LSD as a freebase alkaloid is basic, yes, but the traditional form of the drug used and sold is the D-tartaric acid salt. I think it's very slightly acidic or even neutral.