• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will 34 grams of fresh mushrooms be more intense than 2.5-3 dried grams?

crestfallen

Bluelighter
On Saturday I ate around 2.5-3grams of dried mushrooms in a peanut butter sandwich. I got really giggly, had "breathing/wavy" vision and music sounded pretty good but that was it. It was my first time on mushrooms and i guess i was expecting more. I'm looking to really trip and get more visuals and maybe spiritual/life revelations. I just picked 34 grams of fresh mushrooms that I will probably eat Wednesday. My question is will the 34 grams be more intense/in line with what I am looking for than my first experience? What can I do to make it more psychedelic/visual, and maybe less sleepy.

I ate them at home, it was raining all day so i couldn't go out in nature. I watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in my room which was pretty funny. I was thinking of making mushroom tea and drinking that quick on an empty stomach to get the intense come up. Or should i just eat them?

It'll be about the same. The only thing I can suggest would be an MAOI like moclobemide - that would turn it into an oral DMT trip rather than a standard psilocybin trip.

Eating 35 grams of fresh mushrooms will be hard work. I'd dry them and capsule them. No taste and you can take an accurate dose.

I'd say it will be a good bit stronger - assuming these are the exact same mushrooms (same species, same strain) and you are just comparing wet vs. dry. In my experience wet mushrooms dry out to about 1/10th their original weight, but I think they loose some potency in the drying process. I don't have any measurements or science to back that up, just what I've noticed.

However, they might not feel stronger because you'll still have some tolerance from Saturday's mushrooms.

I find that mushrooms are highly variable in dosage, it's really hard to predict the level of effects because they vary so much from batch to batch, strain to strain, batch to batch, wet vs. dry, tolerance etc.

Good luck! I probably gave you no confidence just now lol.

They are the same strain (golden teachers) and I read that 3-5 days is good for shroom tolerance to go down. Aren't fresh ones more potent? Also, about half of those fruits veil hasn't torn yet (I also read the young ones are a bit more potent too).

Incredibly more potent, fresh booms are like good dose.
There is a higher psilocin content ( I believe ) Because psilocin decomposes in the dehydrator or something like that...