• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Will 2 hits cause me to fail a drug test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I been staying clean off Heroin for 5 days but I fucked up and took 2 hits just now. I have a drug test for probation in 24 hours. Will those 2 hits cause me to fail? Please help please :(

we don't answer drug testing on BL, everyones different, can't speculate, probably but who knows man.

One hears of people who eat poppy seed bagels to give them plausible deniability when it comes to drugs testing, but though that may work for morphine and codeine, the laboratory used by a government apparatus is likely to follow the initial presumptive positive on the immunoassay to one or more chromatographic and/or spectroscopic methods, GC/MS being the most common, to look for the presence of papaverine and noscapine, which do appear in smack unless it is pharmaceutical grade, but then also the codeine : morphine ratio, which can distinguish amongst poppy products and differentiate them from things like codeine, morphine, and so forth, which is more likely going to point to smack or opium, and then a search for acetylcodeine, which is found in smack and nowhere else, and they look for it down to the 50 ng/ml level on a urinalysis.

I have had drugs tests in the US by urine and saliva and blood tests with my annual physicals to determine levels of all medications simply as metabolism changes as people get older, and getting false negatives after chewing dihydrocodeine and being so high on Dilaudid that I felt just like Jesus' chemist actually worried me a great deal for other people being forced to do those kinds of tests. There have been local and regional scandals about laboratories screwing up and the whole thing just looks like, well, a gang of junkies trying to send a rocket to the moon to check out rumours that the craters are full of smack.

Last edited:
Closing this as we don't allow drug testing questions. However I think you know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.