• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Will 18 days of 5-30mg ambien use cause withdrawal

Jones1431

Greenlighter
i have been using 5mg-30mg a day for the past 18 days and am now out. i was curious if i should plan on bad if any other than maybe some rebound insomnia. just not sure how long the Z drugs take to become addicted to. any advise would be helpful thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess you'd just experience some trouble sleeping. I have taken ambien a fair amount and it doesn't seem terribly addictive.

If this is your first time, maybe just some rebound insomnia. For someone like me, who has been through benzodiazepine withdrawal, I'd definitely experience a certain degree of withdrawal. Perhaps someone with a past alcohol dependency might also be more susceptible.

I think it'll mostly be in your head. Ambien is very short acting and if you were only taking it once per day you should be ok.

It isn't like dosing benzos 24/7 around the clock.

You will notice the difference though and it's likely to be tough to get to sleep.

Wish I had some Ambien, lol.

i have been using ambien 5mg-30mg a day for the past 18 days and am now out. i was curious if i should plan on bad withdrawal if any other than maybe some rebound insomnia. just not sure how long the Z drugs take to become addicted to. any advise would be helpful thank you.
I'm not clicking on your links due to their suspicious properties.

1. baseURI: "https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/will-18-days-of-5-30mg-ambien-use-cause-withdrawal.918211/"
  2. charset: ""
  3. childElementCount: 0
  4. childNodes: NodeList [text]
  5. children: HTMLCollection []
  6. classList: DOMTokenList(2) ['link', 'link--external', value: 'link link--external']
  7. className: "link link--external"
  8. clientHeight: 0
  9. clientLeft: 0
  10. clientTop: 0
  11. clientWidth: 0
  12. contentEditable: "inherit"
  13. coords: ""
  14. dataset: DOMStringMap {proxyHref: '/xf/proxy.php?link=https%3A%2F%2Fdrugs-forum.com%2…ki%2Fambien&hash=e10c05a84398350491c39234c33f4720'}
  15. dir: ""
  16. download: ""
  17. draggable: true
  18. elementTiming: ""
  19. enterKeyHint: ""
  20. firstChild: text
  21. hash: ""
  22. hidden: false
  23. host: "drugs-forum.com"
  24. hostname: "drugs-forum.com"

I'm not clicking on your links due to their suspicious properties.

1. baseURI: "https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/will-18-days-of-5-30mg-ambien-use-cause-withdrawal.918211/"
  2. charset: ""
  3. childElementCount: 0
  4. childNodes: NodeList [text]
  5. children: HTMLCollection []
  6. classList: DOMTokenList(2) ['link', 'link--external', value: 'link link--external']
  7. className: "link link--external"
  8. clientHeight: 0
  9. clientLeft: 0
  10. clientTop: 0
  11. clientWidth: 0
  12. contentEditable: "inherit"
  13. coords: ""
  14. dataset: DOMStringMap {proxyHref: '/xf/proxy.php?link=https%3A%2F%2Fdrugs-forum.com%2…ki%2Fambien&hash=e10c05a84398350491c39234c33f4720'}
  15. dir: ""
  16. download: ""
  17. draggable: true
  18. elementTiming: ""
  19. enterKeyHint: ""
  20. firstChild: text
  21. hash: ""
  22. hidden: false
  23. host: "drugs-forum.com"
  24. hostname: "drugs-forum.com"
Thanks nomore. I edited the links. They were put there for a reason and didn't magically insert themselves. Good call.

no i figured out the issue. i copied and pasted that from my other post on drugsforum.com and when i typed it out it highlighted ambien and withdrawals to pull up other posts with those things in them. no one was responding to my post there so i decided to post here too. but i can report night 1 with no ambien was fine. maybe a little rebound insomnia but i still got probably 6’hours with trazadone

Yeah drugs-forum seems to automatically create links for certain words when people post. So if you copy a post from there and paste it in here, it will have links. I have seen that quite a few times.

Glad night 1 went fine. That probably means you're good, but if you're planning to resume using it at all, I would wait a week before taking it again, to be sure. Also giving it a break will prevent the formation of tolerance and dependence. In the future, I would not dose nearly so many days in a row (of any GABAergic especially, really of any physically addictive drug) without days off. My rule for myself is, one day on, one day off, at absolute minimum. If you do 2 days in a row, take 2 days off. 3 days on, 3 days off, etc. Never dose more than 3 days in a row if you can help it. Ideally, you would do no more often than once every 3rd day (ie, 1 day on, 2 days off) for the best protection against dependence forming. This is all only if you have never been dependent on GABAergics. If you have, you have to use them much less often to avoid problems.