• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will 1 day of use send me back to the beginning?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
Ok day 8 of PST withdrawal, I feel like it's very close to being all over.. Massive improvement from yesterday... If I were to use tomorrow or Tuesday, will this make me experience several days of shittiness do you think or can I just use 1 day and be fine?... Now please, I understand the danger of relapse and all but that is not the question haha... I really want to know from people who have tried this if one day is OK...

I'm in a really bad mood right cause my brother came home and I fucking hate him

You're not going go back to full blown withdrawal but definitely expect a few days of discomfort. It'll be a major set back because you're not out of the woods on your current withdrawal.

You'll most likely end up going back to full time use. You'll feel amazing when you do seeds, so amazing that going back to sober: the pain in your limbs, lack of energy and general dysphoria will seem too unattractive in light of being on seeds.

The long half life is a bitch for withdrawal. I prefer to switch to Oxy for a couple of weeks because I prefer intense but short withdrawals over the long PST withdrawal.

Edit: I don't mean to an asshole, but there's no way of saying this without sounding like an asshole. You're not going to hear the answer that you're looking for. Just go and do what you've decided to do, because it's obvious that you already made the decision and just want some affirmation, which you're not going to get. You're asking questions that have already been answered. Sometimes you just need to eat enough mud to decide you've had enough, and you haven't had enough yet.

Last edited:
Yes, it could.

I highly recommend against doing it, regardless of how much you hate your brethren.

I prolly won't, haven't bought them so far... I told myself from the beginning, not till I'm 100% and I feel like I'm close...

Yes, that half life is a bitch... 8th day and that horrible motherfucking feeling is now coming back a bit, almost completely gone though

Wow I still have a fever, this is now 6 days in a row... Never Again

Last edited:
1 day of use certainly will send me back to the beginning , but thats just me I am a opiate user for life. Have come to that conclusion along time ago .

yeah, don't do it would be my advice. sorry to say this, but the very fact that after 8 days you're already contemplating using means you're very unlikely to be able to use responsibly ever again. it's still playing mind games with you now; i speak from experience, this was always a dangerous time for me too.

You've answered your own query, IMO, cause you wouldn't have asked it if you felt 100% confident.

Good luck either way, be safe.

You've answered your own query, IMO, cause you wouldn't have asked it if you felt 100% confident.

Good luck either way, be safe.

Haha I'm just trying to convince myself not to do it, I still haven't bought them as I still feel sick..

I really want to get hooked on running and forget about drugs, I used to love that... My legs are really sore now though so running is out of the question and that doesn't help.

I went 5 days from roxi binge. Used Saturday. Woke up today uncomfortable and sweating bad but 2 mg sub cleared it up. Yeah I wanna use again but money I spent is ridiculous. So back to short sub taper for few more days then I got to find ways to keep my mind off it.

I went 5 days from roxi binge. Used Saturday. Woke up today uncomfortable and sweating bad but 2 mg sub cleared it up. Yeah I wanna use again but money I spent is ridiculous. So back to short sub taper for few more days then I got to find ways to keep my mind off it.

How long did you use for before you quit these 5 days?

On and off for years Til about jan 14' was more frequent. Then round fall of 14' I finally had my first serious withdraw. Cold turkey it. Been back on since. 10-15 a day. Subs I between so I did a 5 day sub taper. Used Saturday at work. Woke up today with story I just said. So just gonna do few more days of light taper n hopefully stay off n strong.

On and off for years Til about jan 14' was more frequent. Then round fall of 14' I finally had my first serious withdraw. Cold turkey it. Been back on since. 10-15 a day. Subs I between so I did a 5 day sub taper. Used Saturday at work. Woke up today with story I just said. So just gonna do few more days of light taper n hopefully stay off n strong.

OK so a million times more serious that my habit... I really think one time wouldn't give me withdrawals, it simply makes no sense

Hope not. Wish you best of luck. Love hate this relationship. Need a break up for good soon. For life

OK so a million times more serious that my habit... I really think one time wouldn't give me withdrawals, it simply makes no sense

Dude what makes no sense? If you have been addicted, which is proven in your current state... you will have withdraw. Once your brain has been there, it is 10x easier to go back. You will set yourself back days... and you seem to hate these dts so much so why enhance them? Honestly I hate to say this but I have been in your shoes multiple times and it seems like your going to give this another go regardless... so I would say do something different... stay clear of what you know you love, no PST or hydro. For example the time before this one we quit H, we were on one of those days like your having, the dts sucked too much and we had to work and blah blah excuses, so we had the option to get some more H or do some dilaudid, and I chose the D's because it wasn't what we were currently addicted to. It was nothing but an excuses and choosing the lesser of two evils. And I'm saying don't do it... at least for months... but if you absolutely are going to, go for something a little different. It helps with the psychological aspect of things.

Dude what makes no sense? If you have been addicted, which is proven in your current state... you will have withdraw. Once your brain has been there, it is 10x easier to go back. You will set yourself back days... and you seem to hate these dts so much so why enhance them? Honestly I hate to say this but I have been in your shoes multiple times and it seems like your going to give this another go regardless... so I would say do something different... stay clear of what you know you love, no PST or hydro. For example the time before this one we quit H, we were on one of those days like your having, the dts sucked too much and we had to work and blah blah excuses, so we had the option to get some more H or do some dilaudid, and I chose the D's because it wasn't what we were currently addicted to. It was nothing but an excuses and choosing the lesser of two evils. And I'm saying don't do it... at least for months... but if you absolutely are going to, go for something a little different. It helps with the psychological aspect of things.

I still feel like I wouldn't withdraw from 1 day use, but I've decided against it so far so I'm on day 9 now and just want this over and behind me... I keep on saying I want one more day to say goodbye, but I will always say that so I've decided to stop

Hell yea! Good for you... you may not feel that way but those brain receptors that are currently going through withdraw with be like 'OMG thank you! This is just what I needed' and just like that you've got yourself a major setback. You wouldn't notice it till you were there though. Been there done that. You will say you want one more day day FOREVER, so take how much you hate what your going through now to make sure you don't have to deal with this terrible feeling ever again. So day 9, and your symptoms aren't much better?

That's your mind playing tricks on you. I've been through a few W/D's, nasty fucking ones too. I've W/Drawn from Hydrocodone, which wasn't as bad as I Expected, but still bad. Oxycodone, which was pretty fucking bad. I went 10 straight days without Oxy, and the W/D felt like it has just started, so I said fuck that. I went on to use Heroin, let me say, I'm NEVER touching H again. The W/D from H, I can honestly say was HELL on earth. I couldn't go 1 day through that W/D..I ended up in the ER, and I ended up on Methadone. Still on Methadone.

In conclusion, once you become addicted to hardcore substances, such as opiates, there will always be 2 people inside of you. Your addict, and YOU. The REAL you would never tell you to use again or just one more time, because he's been thru a lot of pain from the drug and doesn't want to go thru it again. The addict you, will ALWAYS tell you to keep using. Why? BECAUSE HE'S AN ADDICT!!! He will NEVER leave you, but you always have to defeat him by saying NO!

Don't let your addict be the stronger side of you man, don't do it!

good luck

Hell yea! Good for you... you may not feel that way but those brain receptors that are currently going through withdraw with be like 'OMG thank you! This is just what I needed' and just like that you've got yourself a major setback. You wouldn't notice it till you were there though. Been there done that. You will say you want one more day day FOREVER, so take how much you hate what your going through now to make sure you don't have to deal with this terrible feeling ever again. So day 9, and your symptoms aren't much better?

Yes, they are a lot better but like yesterday I still had a fever all day... and my skin still burns all the time and I still have some of that feeling on my arms... it is a lot less than before but I am so tired of this that it is still pretty hard to put up with

Yeah, I've realized I'm always going to say one more day so I'm done... I do intend to try and do it once a week in the future but I'll come to that when time comes

At the risk of sounding like an ass cuz I'm afraid this will, I think saying 'once a week in the future' is silly. If you really do it once a week every week your still an addict in a way, plus that would probably end badly. It has to be spontaneous and out of the blue, no schedule to it. Aside from that, it can't possibly be much longer. Take extreme cold medicine or anything else that is for pain and a fever reducer. And take a HOT BATH for everything to do with your skin and muscles. Another huge charmer. That's why I say this is the testing time, your so damn sick and tired of being sick and tired!