• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Wife can't get high anymore

Listening

Bluelighter
My wife is pissed off because it seems as though weed doesn't really affect her anymore. When we met, we would get high together and much fun was had. Then we had kid #1, before which she (and I) took a drug break. However, when she tried (a few months ago) to smoke again, she didn't get high. She just got tired. This was with a sativa that had my mind racing!

Then we had kid #2. More sobriety. This weekend she said she wanted to get high. We got high. Well, I did. Same thing though: She said it didn't affect her, other than making her tired. I myself was quite high.

What's the deal? Anyone have a similar story? Is it possible that she can't get high off weed anymore?

Of.course, anything is possible, but I have never really heard of this situation.....sounds kinda like reverse tolerance. The only guess that I have is it has something to do with hormones from having kids but IDK.

This is really odd, usually taking a break from smoking would reduce the tolerance to little or nothing. Hell, I took a 40 day break and when I finally smoked, only one hit got me buzzin.
Have you looked into more potent things, such as hash or dabs? Maybe edibles, but be careful not to eat too much of these.

Burnt might be onto something with the medication...that could theoretically have something to do with it....also hormones who knows.

I know our brain has cannabinoid receptors and other things related that I don't know enough about to diagnose anything but some say if you got all that shit working properly then drugs just don't really do as much for you....maybe she just is naturally high enough?....god that sounded stupid but i don't know how else to convey that thought lol

No meds and she is definitely not high enough naturally.

Thanks for the replies so far. :)

Yeah, you could definitely try out a more potent version like dabs, or bake her some nice brownies. :)

Twenty years ago weed would send me into a trip of sorts--very intense reactions were had. Now that I'm nearly 40, it seems to just barely get me high anymore. I think part of the reason why is that when I was 19, I took LSD frequently and the pot sent me into LSD flashbacks.