• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why?

chili

Greenlighter
What do people find in benzos? I could never understand it.. anytime I tried taking benzos (and I would take even a full Xanax bar at times), and the only thing I would really feel is heavy and tired.. is that the desired effects or is my body just naturally insanely tolerant to these drugs? They do absolutely nothing for me and my friends will get all messed up on them, sometimes I think they're over exaggerating:p or it's simply placebo, lol.

Maybe you're a super chill dude without a lot of anxiety? Good for you anyway having benzos as a DOC normally doesn't end well. Your buddies who dig them ARE getting more from them than you, I doubt their faking it, too much Xanax turns me into a fucking moron even before I black out.

Maybe you're a super chill dude without a lot of anxiety? Good for you anyway having benzos as a DOC normally doesn't end well. Your buddies who dig them ARE getting more from them than you, I doubt their faking it, too much Xanax turns me into a fucking moron even before I black out.

That's the funny thing though, is I have quite a considerable amount of social anxiety!

They're like relief in pill form. You won't really get much out of them unless you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks for one reason or another. They're also effective for opiate withdrawal, bouts of insomnia, and smoothing out stimulant comedowns.

Benzo's certainly aren't for everybody man. In my earlier experimentations with them, I often took too many and would get myself into a depressive state or just unwanted, wild mood swings. At the right dose, the relief was euphoric to me though.

Now days, I know how to dose my zo's right. Some benzo's are more euphoric than others (i.e. temazepam or diazepam as opposed to less-recreational BZD's like lorazepam IME/O)

That's the funny thing though, is I have quite a considerable amount of social anxiety!

It's well known that benzos don't create euphoria in the same way drugs like opiates do.

The people who enjoy benzos the most are naturally anxious people who crave the relief a xanax bar can bring.

I'm not terribly anxious as I used to be when I was younger (cocaine abuse didn't help) so I don't find much recreational value in them etheir but I still enjoy a bar and some good weed every now and then ;)

Let's take a moment to stop and appreciate the fact that we don't have a benzo addiction.

Amen

Benzos aren't my DOC but I do enjoy them. Xanax is good for when I need to sleep or don't mind getting fucked up. Valium is one I can really enjoy, though. I just kind of sit back and chill, not a worry in the world, and enjoy the slow motion. No, everything around me is not slow motion, only my body. And it's awesome in my opinion. I'd take opiates over benzos any day, but if I am out of opiates or running low benzos are a good substitute for me.

I've stated many times that if I have anxiety and pop one of my wifes xannys I still am anxious but tired as well. They are like a sleeping pill to me but I don't have anxiety issues if anything I'm to laid back!
Not to mention there is always a full bottle with easy access of xannys and even if I'm out of weed I don't give that bottle a second thought. They are not my thing!

Last edited:
Dunno then, kinda weird. :) Not super weird though, some folks process some drugs differently.

I also find benzos pretty euphoric (haven't had the addiction problems with them like with opioids as I don't find them THAT euphoric) but I do have anxiety. I tend to think of taking benzos=euphoria but maybe it is the relief from anxiety as others have suggested (also, when prescribed clonazepam and taking it every day at that point NO euphoria or anxiety relief unless I took lower doses some days than others). But if that is the case why are there some benzos that provide relief from anxiety w/o euphoria (ex. pyrazolam)? A longer time to hit you?

Yeah I also have anxiety, so I suppose part of the euphoria of benzos is that i'm used to being anxious so it feels euphoric to not be as anxious. I imagine if I was in a lot of physical pain and and an opiate was very effect at relieving that pain, then that would feel euphoric too.

Everyone reacts to drugs differently. I highly agree with you though. I have social anxiety also and benzos never really did much, all they do is turn me into a weak sleepy douche bag. I've tried alprazolam, diazepam, Clonazapam, lorazepam and none have given me any euphoria. Diazepam makes me very depressed, but a lot of people really love them and I can't say they aren't euphoric to some. I think it's for the best though...using benzos recreationally never turns out well

What do people find in benzos? I could never understand it.. anytime I tried taking benzos (and I would take even a full Xanax bar at times), and the only thing I would really feel is heavy and tired.. is that the desired effects or is my body just naturally insanely tolerant to these drugs? They do absolutely nothing for me and my friends will get all messed up on them, sometimes I think they're over exaggerating:p or it's simply placebo, lol.

I know , right?!! All I hear on a daily basis is "xanax bars" which these people around here eat xanax bars like pez candy.

Benzos make me emo..bitchy and angry and contributed to the death of my nephew earlier this year. I hate them.

Last time I took a benzo was during a funeral a few years ago. After caring for a family member who had cancer and died, the benzo pushed me into full emo mode. And I felt like caca the day after.

I have anxiety disorders. There really is no euphoria, only relief from the symptoms (which I find euphoric cause I am usually so tightly wound that if I farted whales would hear it)

I really like diazepam for its sedating effects, I suffer from anxiety but have no control with benzos and always end up dosing too much and having much worse rebound anxiety So yeah for me it's just the sedative effects.

X
I have anxiety disorders. There really is no euphoria, only relief from the symptoms (which I find euphoric cause I am usually so tightly wound that if I farted whales would hear it)

^^this is funny!!

OT: I could never understand the benzo thing either. I have spent years on and off opiates, used drugs from coke to weed to PCP, but all benzos did was put me to sleep. Useful when coming off of an IV coke binge.

It makes sense about those who have anxiety feeling relief and for them that's like a high. I'm not an anxious person; I'm mostly laid back.

Lmao bless your heart! I'm the same way, very jumpy and paranoid.. Benzos help me a lot but I still try to keep my use of them minimal. Benzo WD is something I never want to experience again.

Honestly I think it's silly to take a bunch of benzos also, all that happens when I do that is a) I go to jail or b) fall asleep