• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

⫸STICKY⫷ Why you shouldn't abuse Ketamine (nsfw photos)

I'm new to this list, and couldn't help reading this thread and I wanted to jump in. I've used Ket a number of times, not really to have fun (although it was sooo pleasurable), but more to get to the place of disassociation, and to turn off my DMN loops and ruminations that were still lingering after a couple of years of dealing with and recovering from severe PTSD. I was careful to take some time away from doing Ket again, about two weeks before doing another trip. I new that if I did it too often, I could get to like it a little too much. Also, I didn't want to build up a tolerance. The day after my first trip, my kidneys and my bladder ached a bit, it felt a little like a slight kidney/bladder infection. Not real bad, just achy. A friend told me that it was important to "flush out" while starting to come down. Reason being, whatever the metabolized byproducts were from using Ket, they needed to be diluted and flushed out of your body, especially your kidneys and bladder. He said that's why I felt the symptoms that I did and it made sense to me. So each of the other times, while I was coming down, I either drank lots of water, or lots of "light" beer, or a combination of both and flushed it all out of my bladder and down the drain. I never had any pain, or symptoms again.

I either drank lots of water, or lots of "light" beer, or a combination of both and flushed it all out of my bladder and down the drain
This is key. In my more recent experience i find apple cider or even apple juice works best even better than water at flushing/eliminating k from the bladder. I think it's the acidity.
Apple a day n all

I'm new to this list, and couldn't help reading this thread and I wanted to jump in. I've used Ket a number of times, not really to have fun (although it was sooo pleasurable), but more to get to the place of disassociation, and to turn off my DMN loops and ruminations that were still lingering after a couple of years of dealing with and recovering from severe PTSD. I was careful to take some time away from doing Ket again, about two weeks before doing another trip. I new that if I did it too often, I could get to like it a little too much. Also, I didn't want to build up a tolerance. The day after my first trip, my kidneys and my bladder ached a bit, it felt a little like a slight kidney/bladder infection. Not real bad, just achy. A friend told me that it was important to "flush out" while starting to come down. Reason being, whatever the metabolized byproducts were from using Ket, they needed to be diluted and flushed out of your body, especially your kidneys and bladder. He said that's why I felt the symptoms that I did and it made sense to me. So each of the other times, while I was coming down, I either drank lots of water, or lots of "light" beer, or a combination of both and flushed it all out of my bladder and down the drain. I never had any pain, or symptoms again.
Hey Ryedog and welcome to Bluelight! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with K and kidney/bladder issues.

This is key. In my more recent experience i find apple cider or even apple juice works best even better than water at flushing/eliminating k from the bladder. I think it's the acidity.
Apple a day n all
Yes, the alkalising aspect specifically. ACV balances the PH down there.

How it works for UTI's. Microbes need an acidic as in higher PH environment to thrive on, so they both breed in and further create and maintan that acidic environment.

Its all a bit confused though. Lemons and ACV are loosely referred to as "acidic", chef's- "it adds that acidity you just need to cut through the.."

It was never considered adequately from day one IMO. Because white sugar is "acidic".

But it has a very high PH, like red meat, cheese, wine, alcohol, eggs, fish, ascorbic acid!

LSD I very very strongly experct.

All high PH's, out of the neutral zone into the red.

Table salt too, or any man made refined salt, is the highest level of acidity, vs pure natural unrefined salts, the other end of the acid/alkaline scale.

Redmond Real Salt is the best too. High in natural silica. Amazing mineral for skin, bone, cartillage and general repair.

But lemons and limes, ACV, are acidic but they aren't really in my mind.

They have a low, alkaline PH.

The only thing that really matters though is what they do inside the body, how much they support or tax the body's constant efforts to maintain an optimum PH.

The "ash" left behind by all consumables with be the key.

So meat, cheese, wine, LSD and a trillion things are acidifying to the body.

While ACV, Lemon, Garlic, Onion, Kale etc etc, are alkalising.

Despite being called acidic.

But the way ACV directly influences the PH in the unrinary tract is probably a unique trait it has.

Cranberry juice too. Is the other one, for neutralising UTI's.

So Cranberry juice may or may not have some general bladder health benefits.

Yes, the alkalising aspect specifically. ACV balances the PH down there.

How it works for UTI's. Microbes need an acidic as in higher PH environment to thrive on, so they both breed in and further create and maintan that acidic environment.

Its all a bit confused though. Lemons and ACV are loosely referred to as "acidic", chef's- "it adds that acidity you just need to cut through the.."

It was never considered adequately from day one IMO. Because white sugar is "acidic".

But it has a very high PH, like red meat, cheese, wine, alcohol, eggs, fish, ascorbic acid!

LSD I very very strongly experct.

All high PH's, out of the neutral zone into the red.

Table salt too, or any man made refined salt, is the highest level of acidity, vs pure natural unrefined salts, the other end of the acid/alkaline scale.

Redmond Real Salt is the best too. High in natural silica. Amazing mineral for skin, bone, cartillage and general repair.

But lemons and limes, ACV, are acidic but they aren't really in my mind.

They have a low, alkaline PH.

The only thing that really matters though is what they do inside the body, how much they support or tax the body's constant efforts to maintain an optimum PH.

The "ash" left behind by all consumables with be the key.

So meat, cheese, wine, LSD and a trillion things are acidifying to the body.

While ACV, Lemon, Garlic, Onion, Kale etc etc, are alkalising.

Despite being called acidic.

But the way ACV directly influences the PH in the unrinary tract is probably a unique trait it has.

Cranberry juice too. Is the other one, for neutralising UTI's.

So Cranberry juice may or may not have some general bladder health benefits.
I was taught by urologists that the cranberry actually lines the walls of the bladder and can prevent further infections from sticking.
With a uti you'll actually find blueberries or blueberry juice will give more relief.

Apple cider is the key to maintaining a healthy bladder while binging on ket, works for me - although I wouldn't quite like to say its a cheat card yet.

Kinda unrelated(or not) If anyone ever gets 'k cramps' then peel a couple lemons like an orange and eat them, if you don't have lemon dilute some ACV 1 part ACV 9 parts water into a full pint glass and get it down ya.
If you have both then replace 2 parts water with lemon juice. Warm water too

I am currently pretty much addicted to S-ket. I’m trying to stop but it’s a vicious circle. I actually just enjoy a sub-hole dose of 50-100 mg IM in the later afternoon. But after an hour or so of that I can’t stop mixing up 4-5 hole size doses of 200 mg + and banging them in one after the other whenever I come back to the real world.

By about midnight I have no idea what universe I’m in or who I am. The next day is a total write off cause I feel so weak and like I have a major head injury. So then I take some amps or MDMA to try and function.

Sometimes i throw in some acid or 2c-b the next day cause even if I’m tolerant it seems to help reconnect all the bits of my brain torn apart by the k and make me feel more functional rather than tripypy or disoriented.

i feel like I have a uti late at night and first thing in the morning but it goes away. I live on fresh orange juice, yoghurt, and berries most of the time.

I’ve been addicted to stimulants before but this is beyond crazy and not easy to stop. Where I live nobody has even heard of K or knows anything about K addiction. Or really disso/pschadelic addiction.

i feel like I have a uti late at night and first thing in the morning but it goes away. I live on fresh orange juice, yoghurt, and berries most of the time.
Try completely swapping that orange juice for blueberry juice and you'll get some relief in the urinary tract, orange juice really irritates. You also need to drink extra water, especially before bed! Apple juice is a great alternative to orange when on k too but for uti symptoms blueberry juice is the one! Try and get a sugar free(no added sugar) one if you can because sugar too irritates the ut.

As for the addiction i completely understand where you're at but i cant really help you stop because i never managed it myself, i just learnt to manage it better (or so I tell myself)

I am currently pretty much addicted to S-ket. I’m trying to stop but it’s a vicious circle. I actually just enjoy a sub-hole dose of 50-100 mg IM in the later afternoon. But after an hour or so of that I can’t stop mixing up 4-5 hole size doses of 200 mg + and banging them in one after the other whenever I come back to the real world.

By about midnight I have no idea what universe I’m in or who I am. The next day is a total write off cause I feel so weak and like I have a major head injury. So then I take some amps or MDMA to try and function.

Sometimes i throw in some acid or 2c-b the next day cause even if I’m tolerant it seems to help reconnect all the bits of my brain torn apart by the k and make me feel more functional rather than tripypy or disoriented.

I’ve been addicted to stimulants before but this is beyond crazy and not easy to stop. Where I live nobody has even heard of K or knows anything about K addiction. Or really disso/pschadelic addiction.
you are stuck in a glutamate loop. as the ketamine NMDA effects wear off, there is an uncomfortable glutamate surge -- what eliminates glutamate? more K! --- outside of the physical consequences coming your way, the use pattern you describe will destabilize your GABA/glutamate system over time. if you start getting severe shakiness/benzo withdrawal type feelings when stopping, you're really in for it. only way i know is to stop usage completely and go the other direction. it's awful. don't get there.

Wincing through the pics that were posted just solidified for me, what I already knew...I will NEVER try Ketamine. Jesus Christ. That really is the definition of addiction. So glad to hear you are alive and hopefully on the other side of that nightmare.

I only used maybe 8 or 10 grams over a month or 6 weeks. But I’d had prostate surgery six months previously and often get pains in that general area when bingeing on amps. Like can’t piss despite full bladder but keep pushing and straining to try and get something out and just ending up with bruising or swelling.

But after my 10 grams I had a really bad pain across my lower back and a lot off the signs of a UTI. I got a bit panicked that it was either damage from the ketamine or an STD which was highly possible, or perhaps structural damage from a recent fap fest I could barely remember but knew was as long as it was vigorous. I can’t admit to illegal drug use to my doctor for several reasons to do with insurance and the legality of him continuing to prescribe me certain things not allowed to be prescribed to addicts.

Long story short I said I thought I had a UTI or an STD but the tests came back negative for both. So he’s suggesting I go back to my urologist who can take a look up my urethra and see if it’s something from the earlier surgery.

Also, by this time I’d searched for and read a bunch of recent PubMecd articles on ketamine damage and was relieved to read in almost all of them that it seems to take about a year of heavy ketamine usage several times a week to develop serious urinary tract symptoms so it was highly unlikely I’d damaged myself with such a small amount in such a short period of time. But I think my time with ket is finished given the risks - despite how much I love it.

you are stuck in a glutamate loop. as the ketamine NMDA effects wear off, there is an uncomfortable glutamate surge -- what eliminates glutamate? more K! --- outside of the physical consequences coming your way, the use pattern you describe will destabilize your GABA/glutamate system over time. if you start getting severe shakiness/benzo withdrawal type feelings when stopping, you're really in for it. only way i know is to stop usage completely and go the other direction. it's awful. don't get there.
Learn something new every day, i love this site, but ive definitely had that shaky feeling after stopping due to supply issues after a few weeks daily smashing. Didn't actually know it worked on gaba...

Wincing through the pics that were posted just solidified for me, what I already knew...I will NEVER try Ketamine. Jesus Christ. That really is the definition of addiction. So glad to hear you are alive and hopefully on the other side of that nightmare.
I didnt post this to say NEVER try it. I posted it to say don't abuse it like i did - my case was EXTREME.
If USED sensibly, it can be fine, if ABUSED, it'll fack ya. Period.

Learn something new every day, i love this site, but ive definitely had that shaky feeling after stopping due to supply issues after a few weeks daily smashing. Didn't actually know it worked on gaba...

I didnt post this to say NEVER try it. I posted it to say don't abuse it like i did - my case was EXTREME.
Hey- to each his own. I own heroin. Rather, heroin owns me. trutho_O

it doesn't work on GABA. It stops glutamate binding/activating the NMDA gate. When you abuse a GABA agonist, that rebound is surging glutamate and downregulated gaba. in the case of ketamine, it's upregulated glutamate. I've had the displeasure of both at once. awful for your brain.

Last edited:
Ive been caining the ass off it again the past week because I've had lots of money and time off work, drinking energy drinks and beer earing mcdonalds and hardly sleeping or going home, or drinking water or taking vits, did easily 30g the past 3 or 4 days and im currently paying the price.
Sat on the bog with constipation and a burning urinary tract struggling to shit, pissing tiny amounts every few mins and milking out little bits of burning hot cloudy yellowy jelly and foam out of my cock. Nothing like the pics on page 1 but like the start of it.
Basically going against all the advice ive given here. Really goes to show that the lifestyle and diet play such an important role.
No more for me for a while.
Someone bring me blueberry juice, laxatives and a load of benzos, im staying in bed for the next 72 hours at least and drinking a ton of water and apple cider vinegar 🤞

Ive been caining the ass off it again the past week because I've had lots of money and time off work, drinking energy drinks and beer earing mcdonalds and hardly sleeping or going home, or drinking water or taking vits, did easily 30g the past 3 or 4 days and im currently paying the price.
Sat on the bog with constipation and a burning urinary tract struggling to shit, pissing tiny amounts every few mins and milking out little bits of burning hot cloudy yellowy jelly and foam out of my cock. Nothing like the pics on page 1 but like the start of it.
Basically going against all the advice ive given here. Really goes to show that the lifestyle and diet play such an important role.
No more for me for a while.
Someone bring me blueberry juice, laxatives and a load of benzos, im staying in bed for the next 72 hours at least and drinking a ton of water and apple cider vinegar 🤞
Fuck man, please take care of yourself <3 Drink lots and lots of water and cranberry juice (good for the bladder walls).

Fuck man, please take care of yourself <3 Drink lots and lots of water and cranberry juice (good for the bladder walls).
I haven't got atm
Ive been drinking pints of water with apple cider vinegar/lemon/lime juice in with 2 sachets of laxatives in, still havent had a proper shit i can feel a fucking table leg up there i swear lol
Just pissed more sludgey shit out, think these drinks are shifting whatever build up there is. I did in into a glass ill take a picture in a bit 🤢
Ive been doing the same batch for ages and changed a few days ago, the mix of switching up batches/overdoing it/not looking after myself have definitely all contributed 👎

I'll be ok @n3ophy7e ive been here before these are the warning signs I was getting years ago before the pics above, i had these warning signs for at least 6 months before I stopped and went to rehab, but back then I ignored them and just did more k to help the pain/bury my head in the sand, now I've stopped usage altogether and I'm not getting more and back then i didnt know any good detox methods, hopefully I don't need to get anti biotics, and touchwood there is no sign of any blood in the urine/sludge atm.
I'll keep this updated for medical sciences sake. I wish i could get the sludge stuff tested somehow. @MsDiz can't i?