• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Why the wealthy young elite are switching from cocaine to the deadlier drug ketamine

...mmm well ODing on vitimans may be just as dangerous xP.. well depending which ofcourse..

Meanwhile, Sienna tells a story of when she was at a party at a villa in Greece this summer and the prince of a European royal family arrived with two bottles of liquid ketamine.

'I couldn't believe my eyes,' she says. 'He had it in mouthwash bottles, and dyed green to look believable, so it came out of the microwave brightly coloured. We were up for two nights and got through the whole lot - about 40 grams between 30 of us. I certainly never expected to see a prince in that state.'
I'd fucking love to see a prince get arrested with ketamine.

Maybe he just needed the tranquilize his horses after a rough game of polo?

KissTheSky, one thing you fail to account for is relative purity. Most cocaine is cut with alot more crap than ketamine, alot of ketamine is close to if not pure. How much blow outside of South America can you say this for? Producer cartels allegedley add 20-30% cut before pressing bricks so they hold better! Not to mention manufacturing impurities, almost if not all ketamine was made in a legitimate lab and held to quality control standards, not a clandestine lab with no quality control.
Cocaine fucks one up mentally alot imo, paranoia is a bitch.

True, but prohibition-related harms are a separate issue - IntergalacticMagic said to assume pure quality.

That's true about the paranoia though, taking coke all the time can cause psychosis similar to meth. As always, the dose makes the poison. I do get the impression that with moderately high use of the 2 drugs (say, 2-3 times per week), ket would be more likely to cause mental damage that doesn't heal when you get clean, but I'm not an expert.

Britain's wealthy young elite are snorting copious amounts of the horse tranquiliser ketamine
Idk why exactly but thats just so dumb its funny. Simply put those kids never got near pure cocaine & heroin trumps all.

...mmm well ODing on vitimans may be just as dangerous xP.. well depending which ofcourse..

Vitamin A is toxic in large doses, I think. :)

As for that article... I don't know where to start. It's just bollocks.

If they want to run a piece on the dangers of Ketamine, then would they should look into the renal problems reported by some heavy users. That should be the main worry above addiction and (snigger) psychosis.

Yeah I'd be scared by the renal failure I keep hearing about. Fuck that shit. But I imagine that's probably the equivelant of liver failure with alcohol, ie. only comes after crazy amounts.

Psychosis not so much. Maybe with crazy amounts, but I never felt 'destabilized' by ket the way I did by acid. It felt a lot more like what acid is made out to be in B movies, just some funky weird hullucinations and cool shit going on, and less of a deep, innerspace type trip that messes with your head. Granted I never got deeply into it so maybe its something that comes with regular heavy use.

That's true about the paranoia though, taking coke all the time can cause psychosis similar to meth. As always, the dose makes the poison. I do get the impression that with moderately high use of the 2 drugs (say, 2-3 times per week), ket would be more likely to cause mental damage that doesn't heal when you get clean, but I'm not an expert.

I would put my house on both coke and meth being way more neurotoxic at a recreational dose than Ketamine (Maybe because K doesn't 'whack' your dopamine receptors as much?) I'm sure Ket is actually a neuro-protector in some situations though.

I was under the impression that coke wasn't neurotoxic in the manner meth is. ie. it can lead to dopamine depletion and receptor downregulation with regular use, but doesn't outright damage or kill cells the way meth abuse can.

Who really gives a flying shit about what Britain's Elite sticks in their nose? K seems to be less dangerous than C and they used to soot kids up with it for Christs sake. They keep playing up the horse tranquilizer part and they don't mention that its also been used on children.

ketamine.jpg