Why the fuck does this shit keep happening. My mother just had her second stroke

TheUltimateFixx

Bluelighter
... and right now is being conveyed by ambulance to the nearest hospital (34 miles away) who won't really be able to do anything other than monitor her vital signs and maybe give her an MRI which is going to confirm what we already know has happened.

Only sliver of light is it's due to a blood clot (ischaemic) instead of a burst vessel (haemorrhagic). Still not exactly great.

We are here for you buddy. We've all been through some tough times. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we empathize with your situation. I love my Mom to death. She was the stable force in our household. If I put myself in your shoes, I know I would be completely heartbroken. If you need to talk about it more, you know where we are. My heart goes out to you @TheUltimateFixx

We are here for you buddy. We've all been through some tough times. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we empathize with your situation. I love my Mom to death. She was the stable force in our household. If I put myself in your shoes, I know I would be completely heartbroken. If you need to talk about it more, you know where we are. My heart goes out to you @TheUltimateFixx

... Cheers mate. This means a lot.

Fwiw my SO just had one of those exactly.
Scans and apts.
So just saying I feel the "extra" in these times between you two.
Not to one up but has she started treating you like almost a stranger and gets annoyed at everything?
I know it ain't easy for ya blood, but my heart reaches out.
Always,
J

Hopefully they can get her on warfarin or something similar, I'm sorry that this happened to you and her. Hopefully they can find an effective preventative treatment

... and right now is being conveyed by ambulance to the nearest hospital (34 miles away) who won't really be able to do anything other than monitor her vital signs and maybe give her an MRI which is going to confirm what we already know has happened.

Only sliver of light is it's due to a blood clot (ischaemic) instead of a burst vessel (haemorrhagic). Still not exactly great.
sorry to hear that. How’s she doing now?

Hopefully they can get her on warfarin or something similar, I'm sorry that this happened to you and her. Hopefully they can find an effective preventative treatment

She was already on blood thinners since her triple bypass back in 2010, and additional meds since her first stroke back in August. Unfortunately she also is pretty much completely sedentary since post-viral complications after covid left her with neuromuscular issues that means she has massive weakness in her legs and can hardly move unassisted.

She was already on blood thinners since her triple bypass back in 2010, and additional meds since her first stroke back in August. Unfortunately she also is pretty much completely sedentary since post-viral complications after covid left her with neuromuscular issues that means she has massive weakness in her legs and can hardly move unassisted.
That's a difficult situation, my best wishes are with you and her. We're here for you

Man I am really sorry to hear this! I hope she's going to be able to pull through alright. :\

Some one on here that we all know recently had a stroke as well. I don't want to give out their username cause I don't wanna violate their privacy, but they are younger than I am. And I just don't get it.

Today is my birthday & I'm sitting here thinking about my mom that I lost back in 2021 & how much I miss her.
I'm also dealing with a heart arrhythmia that came out of nowhere & hasn't gone away & is really fucking with my mental health.

I'm very depressed & just forgot everything else I was gonna type & also lost the energy to type it, but I wanted to give my condolences.

I'm here for ya!

Ok everyone, she was discharged back from the hospital this afternoon and is now home. Speech improved very much while not being completely coherent, she still gets things mixed up (both individual words and entire timelines). But overall doing better.

Thank you to everyone who cared enough to comment.