Why such small avatars?

If you get rid of the Offline/Online status ....Join Date.... Post count... under the avatar you will be able to gain room for a bigger Avatar...

personally, i would like to see the flag option enabled. i.e. you select which country you're from and it shows a little flag under your username. it's cool. :)

p.s. i still haven't seen a single compelling reason for us to enable larger avatars. someone, please tell us why we should devote more server space/load time/screen real estate to something that does nothing to help our mission?

same arguments for flags apply. ;)

Also, i dislike flags because users choose flags that don't apply to them routinely.

well exactly, the strongest argument i had was that they're 'cool'. :D

personally, i would like to see the flag option enabled. i.e. you select which country you're from and it shows a little flag under your username. it's cool. :)

I like that idea!

p.s. i still haven't seen a single compelling reason for us to enable larger avatars. someone, please tell us why we should devote more server space/load time/screen real estate to something that does nothing to help our mission?

Some could argue that there isn't really any good reason NOT to change the size a little bit. Would it be such an inconvenience to have to scroll an extra 25 - 50 pixels per post? A lot of posts on here are really long to begin with, so the avatar being a little bigger wouldn't change anything. Long posts cause us to have to scroll more than larger avatars would.

Not that I know anything of server cost in relation to avatar space, but 50 x 50 pixels = 100 square pixels, per each avatar, would add up. (If, in fact, that's how things work.)

Though if you send me 10000000€ I'll be more than happy to use my powers of influence to try and get this legislation passed.

People want the Avatar to be clear in resolution and maybe little bigger...
some people want to put Gifs as a avatar so you need more space/size...

The person above said, the costs for the space... who cares what the cost is...
we don't need a cost.... use a direct image link where the image is hosted....
no costs... just a link..we just need the right to link a larger image ;)

now will you do it? you said if we sent you money you would do it...
i sent you a resolution for free space...
When can we do this :)

Last edited:
I don't like the small avatars either. I don't mind them that much though, they just seem smaller. I would rather have the ability to make a custom title though.

long posts are more useful than larger avatars. ;)

Very true.

I think it doesn't really matter what size the avatars are. I believe the majority of our members are perfectly fine with the current system.

thank you for that concise summation of this issue. :)

and on that bombshell, i think we're done here.

How about this, for every 10k euro we get donated, we'll increase the avatar size by 1px in each direction. In about 5 years, we ought to reach almost 80x80 8o.

And to balance this situation, failure to meet the minimum 500 euro/month will cost us 1px in each direction. You do the math, and start donating before they shrink to 3x3 :|

I agree anonymous is best. When I uploaded my first photo I messed up and uploaded me as plane as day Oh well I am not ashamed, just think it's better. I went in and changed it now I can let it all out!!!!LOL thanks to all. glad to be here.

well exactly, the strongest argument i had was that they're 'cool'. :D

You say that as if there may be a stronger argument? I think not. Its a well known fact that the argument "cool" is undefeatable.