• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why no THCV strains on the Canadian market?

paranoid android

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
So in regards to landrace sativas we have Acapulco gold in my area and that's about it. Why are there no high THCV strains like red congo or durban poison around anyone know?

So in regards to landrace sativas we have Acapulco gold in my area and that's about it. Why are there no high THCV strains like red congo or durban poison around anyone know?
During the summer I was enjoying some fine Quebec grown (?I think) Durban Poison bought at my local goverment weed store. Alas they ran out and haven't restocked yet, but, when I asked, the clerk said it hadnt been 'discontinued' and may come back in. As lovers of land race flavours and effects, I guess it is up to us to make our preferences gnown. I for one find this endless search for novelty weeds...'purplepeopleeater icecream girlscouts' etc...as silly as the the microbreweries' 'bubblegum doublehopped pineapple new england india pale ale stouts'. A grower producing genetically selected classical land race varieties would get a gold star from me, and maybe a few other folk who appreciate going back to the land....

It's not Newfoundland, but

New Brunswick has flower and 2 kinds of vape cartridges
Prince Edward Island has flower and a distillate dispenser
Nova Scotia (my province) has flower.

But they all have lots of Sativa products.

A day ferry trip from NL to PEI and back depending on how badly you want Durban Poison specifically.

Good Luck

Tom