• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why no THCV extracts

paranoid android

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
i have never heard of thcv extracts on the market here at all. Do they even exist

I haven't either, which is interesting because its meant to be the cannabinoid that supresses your hunger, which could be useful to combine with some strains or even dieting but this could also be why? If you look at what is available it either holds recreational value or medicinal (higher in regard) it does seem to contribute or bring on a more euphoric or alert high reportedly though , id try it for sure
Some more info for anyone interested in THCV: https://cannabistraininguniversity.com/strains/top-10-thcv-strains/

Just found out about THCv. I found a website that sells it in gummies. Really cool actually cause they sell delta 9 legally to most states including Iowa. 7mg per gummy, not much but is legal under the hemp farm bill.

THCV sadly hasn’t been done much yet. I’ve made it myself in the past using a CBDV heavy concentrate. It was still only like 1/3 CBDV 2/3 CBD tho or something like that. So the resulting product still contained a fair amount of THC. Maybe that’s why we don’t see it? Too much isolation to get to it? Maybe CBDV is hard to come by?

THCV is almost psychedelic to me. The first time I got Durban Poison I think it was extremely heavy in THCV compared to others I’ve gotten since. I actually can’t smoke it all the time cuz I’ll start to feel symptoms that mimic what happens if I just keep eating psychedelics. Pretty sure there’s some 5-ht2a activity there. It’s also stimulating early on but heavy sedation later. People always say DP is stimulating but for me it’ll put out like a light after 30min. Maybe up until then it’s stimulating but I don’t count 30min of stimulation and couple hours of sleep, “stimulating.”

I find pinene heavy strains stimulating. That’s what I look for in a wake me up weed.

-GC

Yea I bought some sample packs recently.
HHC
THCv
THCO
CBG,CBD,CBN
delta-8 delta-10 and some others, I had to look em up as I was unaware of the first two.

Last edited:
i've bought thcv a few times, i think i have one laying around.

it's a subtle effect, when mixed with d8 or d9 thc.

not sure if the batches i got were d8 or d9 thcv, but it is one of them (or a mix of both)

I have only done d8 as far as alt canna onions go. A 400 mg edible had me feeling great but vaping never did anything for me really. I’ve tried THC-O vapes too and I got nothing yet I thought it was supposed to be more potent than d9. Maybe just a bad vendor idk.

What’s really wild is how THCA is sold legally as long as d9 is only .3 percent. I mean THCA is the same as thc when smoked.

I have only done d8 as far as alt canna onions go. A 400 mg edible had me feeling great but vaping never did anything for me really. I’ve tried THC-O vapes too and I got nothing yet I thought it was supposed to be more potent than d9. Maybe just a bad vendor idk.

What’s really wild is how THCA is sold legally as long as d9 is only .3 percent. I mean THCA is the same as thc when smoked.
If we are talking about oral consumption I think it's because you wouldn't get high, not because it's not legal. THCV has to heated up (smoke it or cook it) before it converts into THC. When I made Green Dragon drops I would grind and then the brown the weed in a hot pan before steeping it in alcohol. Fresh buds don't work, neither would extracts.

THCA is sold "legally" since it's not actually precisely THC. (you know what I mean) Yes, it's crazy that they are exploiting that loophole. I've bought THCA distillate online, so no percentage limit followed.

I think that the DEA is cracking down on stuff that is that loose in the legality definitions. They have put out a statement saying that THC-O is illegal, both ∆8 and ∆9, and less places seem to be selling THCA.

The straight ∆9 THC gummies seem to be everywhere. I think that is what you are thinking of as exploiting the percentage limit thing.
They are less than .3% THC but big enough to hold 10mg. I find them about as potent as 1/2 of a dispensary gummy and I can buy them in local shops in a non-legal state.
With legalization being attempted in many states, including my own, I wonder if the powers that be are kinda looking the other way on these... for now.