• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Why Libertarians Are Wrong About Drugs

The notion of engaging in sociopolitical reasoning on some set of an-ideological or a-theoretical grounds is a convenient fiction, leading people to rely instead on some sort of implicit worldview to render an intelligible analysis possible. In many different guises, commitment to working 'without ideology' has come to form a wide array of ideologies.

ebola
Be that as it may, I was attempting to express a limit in linguistic expression of ideology than any shortcomings in ideology itself.
Or, more to the point; that if I were to label my personal ideological or theoretical belief systems one day, they may be vastly different to my point of view another day, or in another context.
This may be a lack of consistency on my part - but like the left/right paradigm, it seems that the branches and sub-branches of political ideology limit some folks' perspective on an issue.
Pragmatic problem solving has always been far more appealing to me (in socio-political terms) than toeing the line of any ideological constraints.
For example I may be an anarchist at heart, but I still participate in elements of parliamentary process.