• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why its not ok take few benzos after hard working day instead of few beers?

STH and treezy hit the nail on the head. Xanax is more dependence-producing than beer, with the longer half-life and lack of nausea and lack of needing to drink dilute alcohol preparations definitely not helping in that regard.

Well what ever, really its up to you, qwhat ever you enjoy as long you don't ruin you're steady life, unless you want to. You know few beersa day is os, xanax in weekends is ok. Sober life is always good, so no few beers, no xanax or whatever. But really it's all up to you, im ok if you drink 0,5 vodka after workday, or take 6mg clonazepam with 1g lyrica fter work ( like Ido do), or to some lines cocaine. I'm smooth guy I hate when people com,e to tell you how to live you're life. if oyu are not satisfied with you're life you can ask someones tips, go to sober life thead or anything. Sober life is wonderful but taking different psychoatice drugs is pretty good too, if you don't over do it and get badly addicted.

8mg cloanzepam and 1,5mg lyrica, happy new year for you my friends.

I don't mean to be rude, but polydrug abuse along with getting overly plastered on GABAergics are two major reasons non-medical benzo use is sometimes looked at with disdain. I don't mean to refer to you by saying this but a lot of reckless abusers of benzos, colloquially known as "bartards," cast a dark shadow over the recreational benzo-using "scene." It might take someone knowing just one person in their life who fits the "bartard" description to leave a bad taste in their mouth, and I feel as if a lot of North Americans know at least one benzo abuser in their life. In the same fashion as some people look at all heroin users with contempt after coming into contact with a small population of down-and-out junkies who were obviously strung out, some people have come into contact with someone plastered on benzos and subsequently make sweeping generalizations of all non-medical benzo users. On the other hand, even if you know several alcoholics, you probably know even more people who use alcohol responsibly, and might be less likely to make sweeping generalizations or other fallacies.

I really wish I could just take a few xanax daily without fucking going overboard. Past experience and usage with them just have me abusing it completely. If you can do a daily liit of whatever and keep to it fair play but dont think it can be done.

I don't even understand "recreational benzo use"...how is blacking out & possibly doing moronic shit "fun"? I assume we're talking about abuse here, taking well over any therapeutic dose in an attempt to get high...people who "self medicate" with benzos are another story...you can get away with taking GABAergics at a reasonable rate for long periods of time without problems, many patients have used alprazolam successfully for example, even long-term. Over a long enough timeline consistent benzodiazepine usage tends to always develop into a dependency, though, so one should always tread carefully (which goes for all psychoactive drug use...)

Ok maybe benzos every day after work is not such good idea, but every Friday-Saturday, that doesn't cause any problem, alcohol is more addictive by psychologically, because it gives you euphoria that benzos dont give.

STH and treezy hit the nail on the head. Xanax is more dependence-producing than beer, with the longer half-life and lack of nausea and lack of needing to drink dilute alcohol preparations definitely not helping in that regard.

I don't mean to be rude, but polydrug abuse along with getting overly plastered on GABAergics are two major reasons non-medical benzo use is sometimes looked at with disdain. I don't mean to refer to you by saying this but a lot of reckless abusers of benzos, colloquially known as "bartards," cast a dark shadow over the recreational benzo-using "scene." It might take someone knowing just one person in their life who fits the "bartard" description to leave a bad taste in their mouth, and I feel as if a lot of North Americans know at least one benzo abuser in their life. In the same fashion as some people look at all heroin users with contempt after coming into contact with a small population of down-and-out junkies who were obviously strung out, some people have come into contact with someone plastered on benzos and subsequently make sweeping generalizations of all non-medical benzo users. On the other hand, even if you know several alcoholics, you probably know even more people who use alcohol responsibly, and might be less likely to make sweeping generalizations or other fallacies.
I use drugs, I dont abuse them.

I don't even understand "recreational benzo use"...how is blacking out & possibly doing moronic shit "fun"? I assume we're talking about abuse here, taking well over any therapeutic dose in an attempt to get high...people who "self medicate" with benzos are another story...you can get away with taking GABAergics at a reasonable rate for long periods of time without problems, many patients have used alprazolam successfully for example, even long-term. Over a long enough timeline consistent benzodiazepine usage tends to always develop into a dependency, though, so one should always tread carefully (which goes for all psychoactive drug use...)

Well for me benzos makes me relaxeed, I use the bothj for my anxiety and sometimes I just want to relax and pop some extra benzos, but Im not really that kind of benzo abuser as I have general anxiety and people phobia.

Last edited:

Well I just quit lyricas and clonazepam for at least 3 months. Still have 40mg clonazepam left but I dont have even sightest craving, I think using benzos recreationally for over month looses its macgic fast, I just get shitty feeling and depressed, but it still do help with my anxiety. Fuck them, I hate benzos. Better trade these for some GHB.

Ok maybe benzos every day after work is not such good idea, but every Friday-Saturday, that doesn't cause any problem, alcohol is more addictive by psychologically, because it gives you euphoria that benzos dont give.

That's a good point. Alcohol is more euphoric and is more dopaminergic relative to its GABAergic action than Xanax is, but one problem is that an extremely potent level of an active substance is found in each little Xanax bar allowing for much steeper plasma concentration time-curves (hits you much faster and can be more intoxicating than reasonable amounts of beer). Liquor, on the other hand, is a completely different story: it has the concentrated nature as pills (lots of bang in small volumes) and can be incredibly euphoric and intoxicating, making using it an extremely addictive choice in anything but small doses.

That's a good point. Alcohol is more euphoric and is more dopaminergic relative to its GABAergic action than Xanax is, but one problem is that an extremely potent level of an active substance is found in each little Xanax bar allowing for much steeper plasma concentration time-curves (hits you much faster and can be more intoxicating than reasonable amounts of beer). Liquor, on the other hand, is a completely different story: it has the concentrated nature as pills (lots of bang in small volumes) and can be incredibly euphoric and intoxicating, making using it an extremely addictive choice in anything but small doses.

But I know lots of people who started with one beer after work, then it was two then it was 3 and so on, until he got really drunk every day after work. I know cases like this so many. They are managable go to work ,but as soon as they hit home they start drinking to take the "stress" off.

My issue with benzo use is really because the 3 people i have known to use them and claim to like them take enough to be falling asleep most of the time. I know that is just because of how they use them but watching people go "oh i like them they make me relaxed" then watching them fall asleep sitting up for a few hours, it just seems unproductive in a sense. Im all for getting fucked up but if it just makes you sloppy and sleepy its not a good use of time.

I think abusing either is bad because it leads to a lot of wasted time. Benzos are ok in small doses but it seems like the majority of people who use them end up taking to much (in my opinion)

But I know lots of people who started with one beer after work, then it was two then it was 3 and so on, until he got really drunk every day after work. I know cases like this so many. They are managable go to work ,but as soon as they hit home they start drinking to take the "stress" off.

Right, but how many responsible users of alcohol do you know? Chances are that you probably know a higher ratio of responsible drinkers to problem drinkers compared to the ratio of responsible benzo users to benzo abusers. A couple of reasons for that are that benzos are not as socially acceptable as alcohol is, so people are more likely to keep their [possibly responsible] use private, as well as the fact that alcoholics display more obvious traits of intoxication than the benzo abuser who is not quite at the bartard-level.

Right, but how many responsible users of alcohol do you know? Chances are that you probably know a higher ratio of responsible drinkers to problem drinkers compared to the ratio of responsible benzo users to benzo abusers. A couple of reasons for that are that benzos are not as socially acceptable as alcohol is, so people are more likely to keep their [possibly responsible] use private, as well as the fact that alcoholics display more obvious traits of intoxication than the benzo abuser who is not quite at the bartard-level.

Yeah, bu what about some gbl after work? It is has very short duration so taking few shots and relaxing, yes it compulsive, but so is alcohol.