Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why it's no longer called "Fucking"

December Flower

Bluelighter
Disclaimer: I have had three cups of coffee today, bit hyper

I want to take you on a journey to the beautiful mountain town of Fucking in the alpin region of Austria
5fa2f400bce111f2.jpg

A wonderful, serene town, founded in 1070 AD by Adalpert von Vucckingen,
a town that now has changed its name to "Fugging" to fend off English-speaking natives looking for prostitutes
FILES-AUSTRIA-VILLAGE-FEATURE.jpg

6VZSXMLW55AP6TSUK33QU63PLQ.jpg

Fickenhof in Germany has a similar issue, as a German will usually read it as "Fuckfarm"
It's a place proud of the name Fickenhof, and its mayor has declared "Fickenhof will stay Fickenhof",
even though numerous place name signs have been stolen.

The word Ficken, or by extension "Fucking" has a millenia old and quite innocent origin.
Ficken means anything where you need to strike rhythmically. So, say when you swing a hammer to "fick" in a nail.
The word is quite old, and time has twisted it.

The people of Fucking have betrayed their solemn vow of honoring Adalpert von Vuccking the way he was meant to be honored. These Austrian cowards! An American would have turned it into profit, and they run, scared, and change their name! I am outraged!

Not entirely sure how much of that is coherent. Apologies

Disclaimer: I have had three cups of coffee today, bit hyper

I want to take you on a journey to the beautiful mountain town of Fucking in the alpin region of Austria
5fa2f400bce111f2.jpg

A wonderful, serene town, founded in 1070 AD by Adalpert von Vucckingen,
a town that now has changed its name to "Fugging" to fend off English-speaking natives looking for prostitutes
FILES-AUSTRIA-VILLAGE-FEATURE.jpg

6VZSXMLW55AP6TSUK33QU63PLQ.jpg

Fickenhof in Germany has a similar issue, as a German will usually read it as "Fuckfarm"
It's a place proud of the name Fickenhof, and its mayor has declared "Fickenhof will stay Fickenhof",
even though numerous place name signs have been stolen.

The word Ficken, or by extension "Fucking" has a millenia old and quite innocent origin.
Ficken means anything where you need to strike rhythmically. So, say when you swing a hammer to "fick" in a nail.
The word is quite old, and time has twisted it.

The people of Fucking have betrayed their solemn vow of honoring Adalpert von Vuccking the way he was meant to be honored. These Austrian cowards! An American would have turned it into profit, and they run, scared, and change their name! I am outraged!

Not entirely sure how much of that is coherent. Apologies

Americans are too dumb to turn anything into a profit outside of America.