• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Stimulants Why isn't methamphetamine popular in Europe?

I'm not sure that's actually true. It's a bit like the old rumour that 'mongy pills' had smack in them. Who in their right mind would adulterate a cheap drug with a more expensive one (heroin) that isn't orally active? I know drug dealers are fuckwits, but surely they're not that stupid?

Meth in pills kind of makes more sense, but hasn't been proven to the best of my knowledge.
Mr.Krinkle is wright.Some of E pills got meth in them.....at least those on our market

Ime orally meth is more similar than racemic amphetamine to MDMA in every aspect but duration. It’s comparing apples and oranges so kinda pointless...but euphoria from oral meth is closer to that of MDMA for me. No emphatogenic effects, no hints of psychedelia, no MDMA magic but plain amph is even further..

Never had Vyvanse..

Yeah oral meth is far closer in effect to MDMA than amphetamine. Large doses of methamphetamine will release appreciable amounts of serotonin. Amphetamine won't.

Afterall, MDMA, as implied by the last two letters of that acronym, is built off the methamphetamine scaffold. And a large dose of methamphetamine has distinct 5HT mediated prosocial effects that amphetamine can't produce due to its relative ineffectiveness at releasing serotonin, combined with its substantially higher specificity for NE release (relative to DA release).

We had a dealer nearby with a huge bag of what I expect were meth pills. I remember taking 5 or so and during Sunday evening dinner with my parents the next day I still had massive saucer eyes. I also remember having crazy cartoon visuals when I closed my eyes.

The comedowns were proper horrendous though, but these pills were far better than any of the MDMA ones kicking about, which our group had determined as "too mongy".

This was all early 00's.

Yeah I'm in the UK and have done more than my share of Scooby Snax, never had meth in them. I've don't meth since and it's quite different from the effects of any E's I've ever had.
Though in other EU countries, I'm certain that they would, as it's quite popular in Czech Republic and surrounding counties.

It’s popular but very localized. In most CZ places you’ll hardly find it out of prostitution, in some it’s solely localized within heavy junkie communities, don’t know about gay scene.

Fun fact about CZ meth, up until 10 - 15years cca there was still some nazi meth, in fact finding tons of it is what started meth "epidemic" in Europe/isolated places in Europe ;)

It’s not a folks story, well it is but different folks lol

We have like MDM for cheap, Meth is difficult to get.
So people choose the cheaper and faster way.
M is made here in the EU and can buy it everywhere.

It’s popular but very localized. In most CZ places you’ll hardly find it out of prostitution, in some it’s solely localized within heavy junkie communities, don’t know about gay scene.

Fun fact about CZ meth, up until 10 - 15years cca there was still some nazi meth, in fact finding tons of it is what started meth "epidemic" in Europe/isolated places in Europe ;)

It’s not a folks story, well it is but different folks lol
..Pervitin

I watched a documentary recently about the rise of methamphetamine use in Germany, especially Berlin.

It appears that distribution is largely controlled by the neo nazi movement.

Sounds familiar... :\

Yeah I'm in the UK and have done more than my share of Scooby Snax, never had meth in them. I've don't meth since and it's quite different from the effects of any E's I've ever had.
Though in other EU countries, I'm certain that they would, as it's quite popular in Czech Republic and surrounding counties.
this most definitely

after having experienced actual meth I can say without a shadow of a doubt that there was no meth in any e's I took between 1995 and 2005 (hardly had mdma since, but no meth in them either, just shit pills/crystal mdma etc for me after 2005)

this most definitely

after having experienced actual meth I can say without a shadow of a doubt that there was no meth in any e's I took between 1995 and 2005 (hardly had mdma since, but no meth in them either, just shit pills/crystal mdma etc for me after 2005)
Yeah what was usually in the shit pills from after approximately 2005? Piperazines?? God pills from those 5 years or so we're SO SHIT. But then after mephedrone etc. came out they seemed to up their game and put up the price from £2 each to £10 each almost overnight. I probably still preferred the preban meph at the time though. Fucking meph was the best party drug ever IMO but it's a shame it's so cardiotoxic.

Xtal meth not pop uplar enuff in 💶 union cus it turns down at heel addicts inta zombiefied remnants of what they formally were.. wretched creatures God bless..where do I sign up😛 🦾..it has its uses.. military wise etc..it's not that bad Man😎 Its like meph on steroids. Powerful if you like that sort a thing

Last edited:

The above shows that different stimulants are popular in different European nations. The same source noted that a lot of BMK is being made in Russia and smuggled. I don't think N-methyl formamide is controlled in Russia either, so both precursors are cheap.

There are various ways to smuggle BMK but I'm guessing in Western Europe, people are having to use formamide or ammonium formate which are easier to obtain.

Fencamfamine is about as much as I can take. It was interesting to note that the N-methyl homologue (camfentamine) appears to have more opioid activity. I presume it's because it overlays nortilidine.

Meth in the western world seems to be popular in the US and Australia not Europe. Most meth use is confined to Eastern European countries. I'm surprised given at how easy it is to obtain the precusor ingredients. Here in Ireland, you can get pseudoephedrine OTC very easily. There are no logs of who purchases it and you can go to several pharmacies that are within a walking distance of each other.

Ditto for pseudoephedrine here in UK.

Weirdly, I've never even seen meth IRL but I HAVE tested positive for it twice after taking amphetamine sulphate and I can't figure out why since meth is normally A LOT more expensive :/

A lot of street powder amphetamine in Hungary at some point was cut meth in powder form so it’s not surprising to find it sold as amph anywhere in EU. Having potency and duration in mind, meth is a lot cheaper than amphetamine, at least at first. I used to snort 150 - 200mg+ of amph during day when I first got good amph and it was 85%+ but if it was meth about 1/4 of that in one morning dose would have done the trick and producing meth isn’t nowhere 4x more expensive.