• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

WHy isn't hash more popular in the medical world?

burn out

Bluelighter
I just smoked the best hash I've ever smoked in my life. It was the most expensive hash id ever seen in a dispensary so i thought this is probably a rip off but I decided to give it a try and wow. Best cannabis product I've ever tried. SUper euphoric, sativa based hash.

But it makes me wonder. When it comes to concentrates, I have to drive all the way across town to even get hash. Over half the dispensaries where I live don't even stock it. They always have at least 5 or 6 types of shatter/wax and like 15 strains of flower but no hash. Even when they do have it, they often only have one type.

To me the high from hash is far superior to wax/shatter. It's also good for medical users as it is really potent, doesn't require one to inhale as much smoke as flower and also doesn't produce as much couch lock or mental lethargy. So why are the wonders and joys of hash being largely over looked by the cannabis community in america? I know in other parts of the world, hash is deeply beloved.

Salutations BO,

I just smoked the best hash I've ever smoked in my life.

IMO you'll realize what you actually miss the day you try to vaporize those noble molecules instead! %)

It was the most expensive hash id ever seen in a dispensary...

Sometimes it's expensive, just because - i guess. Other times it's relatively cheap though it's been laced, essentially with a same motivation in mind, but with different implications... I even imagine it's actually possible to find a mix of both in the Commonwealth and beyond: despite "legaleezation" it's still a lot like opening some black box, the Pandora one!

8)

But it makes me wonder. ... ...why are the wonders and joys of hash being largely over looked by the cannabis community in America?

Hummm... Blame the omni-present legacy of prohibition for starters, then i'd argue there's nothing lost when the path between me and my dry flowers is kept short, very short, as in direct: with no mercantile/parasitic intermediarie$ to transform it - nor "organized crime" in Trudeau days if one refers to dispensaries of the Canuck land, on planet Itnoc (In The Name Of Children)!...

Good day, have fun!! =D

You wont find any hash for sale in large amounts in Australia anymore. Maybe stuff people make themselves but it wont be in bulk. We just do not get hash here much anymore. We used to back in the late 80's and early 90's, we used to get that really good black hash imported in shipping containers. It was great. The stuff that had stamps and cellophane on it. That smell! That stone! I miss it so much. Maybe one day I can travel to places that have a lot of hashish.

Because BHO is easier to produce (and produces more product) than good hash, especially versus dab-able hash.

5 and 6 star ice wax and dry sift goes for 2-3 times as much as nugrun BHO (at least around me), and the market for it just isn't as strong. The people who feel strongly about it do, but the shops can't make enough money stocking it so they stock BHO and CO2 products instead.

Once growing becomes more regulated everywhere I'll think we'll see more. Colorado and Washington both have more/cheaper hash than California (esp SoCal)---but I've heard rumors that producers/shops are inflating stars in CO so their 5-star is really more like 3or4-star. But it's still cheaper so what can you do? Just gotta wait here, cause I won't/can't pay what upscale producers like Matt Rize, Pure Headies, Wooksauce Winery, and a few others are producing. But it's out there---the best resin is just simply that, it's VERY VERY special, and really can't be directly compared to even high grade BHO because it can't just be produced wherever by whoever.