• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Why is zolpidem so different cmared to other benzo's?

*continues eating his quick oats* that sounds a bit off topic limpet chicken lol but delicious even without the mucismol.

Doing something you have no recollection of is from anterograde amnesia as one can get from benzos, drinking a lot, or a mix of gabaergics among other things. It may be surprising but that doesn't imply that you were in a particularly altered state of consciousness at the time, especially impaired or inadequate, just that no memories could be formed. However the effects causing it are of course are associated with an intoxication which may very well also be quite impairing. And of course disinhibition can change judgement and decision-making.

Some benzos are more known for this than others, but no walking around doing experiments is really recommended after doing a hypnotic like nitrazepam. If only for the skeletal muscle relaxation I know it for (makes me feel like sliding into a comfy bath).

Muscimol / amanitas don't especially cause amnesia but I'm pretty sure they would eventually... but doesn't it get very dreamy / somnambulistic anyway at a certain point? I guess then it is less about what you did or didn't do but if you rememember the trip at all.

Apologies if I say nothing clarifying, it just seemed like it would be from post 19

Yeah, I just thought a few people might appreciate the recipe, since all the mushroom hunter's guides list it as poisonous, but most of them massively overstate it, and even imply its potentially deadly in one or two crappy books I've read! But it in fact makes for a really top-notch addition to the spice rack and cook pot.

As for running those synths, I at least THINK I didn't have any intention of doing them. Its not the sort of thing I'd take before setting up an experiment or synthesis like that! it just kind of..well...happened and my eyes told me what my frontal lobes and hippocampus seems to have really not been arsed with bothering to inform me of. Could have been worse though by far.

Could have gotten with someone like one of my ex girlfriends for a time and had to chew my arm off at the shoulder to get away the morning after=D

And comfy bath? god no. I hate water. Its a chore that has to be done, not pleasant. I don't like touching it, drinking it or being in it. Although I have enjoyed scuba diving, when on holiday in turkey. But generally, I find the idea of being in water about as appetizing as stewing my nackers in acid.